Host said: Do you work at Staples?
I did, briefly
[quote]How did you find the job?
Online application, I applied as an Inventory Associate (Full-time pay grade)
[quote]How did you get that first interview?
The store manager called and said that all full-time position were full however she does have part-time openings.
[quote]Any advice for someone trying to get in?
Ask these questions
1. How many hours per week do I START at? (don't accept an "on average" answer.)
2. How often should I expect to be sent home early?
3. Am I expected to upsell (push warranties and product accessories) to customers?
4. How is my work performance graded?
5. Do I earn a commission for the sales I make? Why not?
Regardless of the specialty you select on the application they are hiring you as a Salesman, the bulk of your job and responsibility is actively selling to customers.
And your job depends on how successfully you sell, don't sell, no hours...and no job shortly thereafter. Sell well, and you will get hours and position advancement based solely on that.
A final piece of advice for future Staples employees, get a polo shirt in the color of the department you'll be working in (Office Supply=Red, EasyTech=Black, Copy Center=Light Blue) because Staples stores have very high turnover rates and tend to be in (at best) short supply of official uniforms.