job fair

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

columbia, sc in Columbia, South Carolina

96 months ago

I attended the job fair in Columbia, SC on May 1st for Staples. The jobs were advertised as needing to be filled immediately. In the interview I was told that I was more than qualified (have a degree, appropriate experience), but the position would not begin until June 1st. They told 3 of my friends that attended the same bit. A few days later I recieved a call to fax personal info for a background check. It is now May 26th and none of us have heard anything else. When you call HR they will not tell you anything but you are still in the running for the position. It sounds as if they have no clue of what is going on. BEWARE AND SAVE YOUR TIME. I know that they wasted enough of mine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CPI in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

96 months ago

I applied when they were going to Columbia, SC and I was told by the interviewer the same thing..I was very qualified and that to contact them for a couple of weeks. After the second call and four months later they told me I was no longer being considered. This is an example of poor management and I am glad I did not go through the process..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

The C in SC in Columbia, South Carolina

96 months ago

I applied months ago. Did the telephone interview, I never heard anything else from them. But for some reason the recruiter kept trying to get me to join some website for him (www.linkedin.com). What's the deal here? Are they selling our information for marketing purposes or something?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CJ in San Francisco, California

96 months ago

CPI in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I applied when they were going to Columbia, SC and I was told by the interviewer the same thing..I was very qualified and that to contact them for a couple of weeks. After the second call and four months later they told me I was no longer being considered. This is an example of poor management and I am glad I did not go through the process..

I work in New York about an hour outside of NYC. I work in distribution. Staples has a DC in this area and called me several times. The recrutier would leave a message each time askin that i get back to her as soon as I can. When I returned her calls she was never at her desk and never returned calls. She has called me on four different occasions and I have called her back each time but she has nto even responded. She called about 1 1/2 months age and I never called back. Staples does not give a very professional first impression to potential employees. PS - they wanted me for an Ops Manager position

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CJW in ATL in Lithia Springs, Georgia

95 months ago

Staples is a poorly managed corporation to work for. They don't have professional HR and their senior management talks to you however they feel. I worked for Staples and was not happy. It was a waste of my time. Their is no need to apply for any job in Staples.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tone in Carrollton, Georgia

58 months ago

is there any good in the co.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.