Starbucks Coffee Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Starbucks Coffee?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Sean in Seattle, Washington

93 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Starbucks Coffee?

There interviews are panel. Expect a lot of "Describe a time you had a conflict at work, what steps did you take to resolve it, and what was the result?" behavioral type questions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (85) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda Rich in Cumming, Georgia

90 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Starbucks Coffee?

Sean makes an excellent point, a majority of the interviews are panel behavioral interviews. Take your time to answer the entire question and paint a story for your audience. Be specific.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Carol Beth in San Diego, California

90 months ago

In regards to the panel behavioral interviews, are these geared towards store level employment or corporate or both?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Donna in Pasadena, California

80 months ago

I just had an interview at a regional office for Starbucks last week for a corporate position. There were about 30 scenario questions, they are very difficult! One was describe a time when you failed, describe a time when you felt awkward, etc. I was notified yesterday that they weren't moving forward with me in the interview process. They received over 1200 resumes for one position. They are getting the cream of the crop, full of resumes with degrees and willing to work for peanuts. Very disappointing! The recruiter I spoke with told me that EVERYONE wants to work for Starbucks and they only take the very best for their corporate positions, like someone with an MBA, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jausan in Beverly Hills, California

80 months ago

Donna in Pasadena, California said: I just had an interview at a regional office for Starbucks last week for a corporate position. There were about 30 scenario questions, they are very difficult! One was describe a time when you failed, describe a time when you felt awkward, etc. I was notified yesterday that they weren't moving forward with me in the interview process. They received over 1200 resumes for one position. They are getting the cream of the crop, full of resumes with degrees and willing to work for peanuts. Very disappointing! The recruiter I spoke with told me that EVERYONE wants to work for Starbucks and they only take the very best for their corporate positions, like someone with an MBA, etc.

Thanks for the heads up Donna, I have an idea where I will not work in the coming months after attaining my MBA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.