drug testing by hair sample

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

G. Ruffin in Hiram, Georgia

90 months ago

Good job, brother! Proud o you! Let us know if you can give a testimony or if you need any more support (I know you must have some already!)

I will be praying for the right job for you and in general.

In the mighty Name of Jesus,

G. Ruffin
www.fivefoldtoday.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Terri in Bridgeton, Missouri

88 months ago

Just for your future information, companies performing hair analysis only go back 90 days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HR Dude in Gainesville, Virginia

88 months ago

john doe in Malden, Massachusetts said: I'm a recovering addict with 3 months clean and wanting to keep my personal life seperate from the workplace.I wasted my time filling out the 30 minute proile online going to the interview which went very well.They said i was what they were looking for and they just needed to check my old employer.So i called them the following monday fo a follow up and they said everything checked out.Thats when they hit me with it saying i just need to take a drug test which i had no problem with until they said it was testing by hair sample(LOL)which can go far back as 6 months which left me no choice but to explain myself being a recovering addict.I told them i just wanted to be honest and his response was (OK HAVE A NICE DAY)no thank you for your honesty.I think this was very unprofessonal and maybe you should post it on there job board that we drug test by hair sample.These people are watching way to much C.S.I MIAMI.I'm glad i did'nt get hired because this was just the tip of the iceberg.I'd say i'm not doing to bad for a recovering addict after all i have a house and drive a brand new cadillac dts,an american dream (one day at a time)thanks for listening.

As an HR Director, I can tell you that the employer's practice is a violation of the ADA. A same court case came up and the plaintiff won because he was a recovered addict and he was not hired. He sued and won. Under the ADA drug addiction is a disability itself. If the candidate can prove that he is recovered, and the employer didn't hire him for this reason, they must pay a fine. Talk to a lawyer or report this case to the EEO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

john doe in Malden, Massachusetts

88 months ago

Terri in Bridgeton, Missouri said: Just for your future information, companies performing hair analysis only go back 90 days.

for your informantion hair sample go's back as far as 6 months

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Denny in Beverly Hills, Florida

88 months ago

Come on guys! Think here... The hair is like taking a plug from a tree and the end of the hair is the oldest sample so CUT YOUR HAIR FAIRLY SHORT and all traces of drugs from 6 months ago are gone..............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jose in Cocoa, Florida

88 months ago

Denny in Beverly Hills, Florida said: Come on guys! Think here... The hair is like taking a plug from a tree and the end of the hair is the oldest sample so CUT YOUR HAIR FAIRLY SHORT and all traces of drugs from 6 months ago are gone..............

Exactly! Good answer. ;-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joy ton in Mc Farland, California

88 months ago

they don't do hair samples -- I know several people who are recently working with starwood

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Darnell Tucker in Jersey City, New Jersey

62 months ago

Terri in Bridgeton, Missouri said: Just for your future information, companies performing hair analysis only go back 90 days.

a hair sample can without a doubt go back more then 90 days. ok he did crack a year ago he is ok, doesn't work that way silly...lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kent rittenburg in Elgin, Illinois

54 months ago

Does anybody know the testing method for the tremont in downtown chicago? Hair, urine, saliva?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.