How to get a job at Starwood Hotels.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Do you work at Starwood Hotels? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

uhuruh in Bronx, New York

89 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Starwood Hotels? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

to be honest I have been trying to get an job with starwood hotels since 2001, i have tried e-mails,walk-in renting rooms to sittining in their whiskey rooms and underbar, and here today nothing and currently on their job alert profile and receive an e-mail everyday from their automated e-mail list and its ironic they never send me the results to inform me if I have been accepted or neglected. and I live in NYC I have applied at the W,Westin,Sheraton,St.Regis and the Tuscany, and courtyard and at the poconos resort in which the Starwood Moguls own and do not want to give anyone a chance UNLESS YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THE POSITION, OR YOU HAVE 2 OR MORE FAMILY MEMBERS THERE IN HIGH POSITION, OR AN HABIB,MEXICAN AND OF COURSE CAUCASIAIN i KNOW BECAUSE IM STILL TRYING 5 YEARS LATER AND THE REASON I KNOW THAT IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY YOU GOT THE JOB, JUST APPROX TWO MONTHS AGO THEIR UNION V.P. HERE IN NYC WAS FIRED FOR SELLING JOBS EXCLUSIVELY TO THE BANGELDASH PEOPLE FOR 20,000-30,000 AND NO BLACK OR LATINO WILL PAY THAT DUE TO THE FACT THEY DONT HAVE THE MONEY IF SO YOU THEN YOU THINK THEY WOULD BE APPLYING FOR THE JOB OF HOUSEKEEPING ETC.CHECK IT OUT DO YOUR HOME WORK ITS TRUE!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

alex in New York, New York

89 months ago

uhuruh in Bronx, New York said: to be honest I have been trying to get an job with starwood hotels since 2001, i have tried e-mails,walk-in renting rooms to sittining in their whiskey rooms and underbar, and here today nothing and currently on their job alert profile and receive an e-mail everyday from their automated e-mail list and its ironic they never send me the results to inform me if I have been accepted or neglected. and I live in NYC I have applied at the W,Westin,Sheraton,St.Regis and the Tuscany, and courtyard and at the poconos resort in which the Starwood Moguls own and do not want to give anyone a chance UNLESS YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THE POSITION, OR YOU HAVE 2 OR MORE FAMILY MEMBERS THERE IN HIGH POSITION, OR AN HABIB,MEXICAN AND OF COURSE CAUCASIAIN i KNOW BECAUSE IM STILL TRYING 5 YEARS LATER AND THE REASON I KNOW THAT IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY YOU GOT THE JOB, JUST APPROX TWO MONTHS AGO THEIR UNION V.P. HERE IN NYC WAS FIRED FOR SELLING JOBS EXCLUSIVELY TO THE BANGELDASH PEOPLE FOR 20,000-30,000 AND NO BLACK OR LATINO WILL PAY THAT DUE TO THE FACT THEY DONT HAVE THE MONEY IF SO YOU THEN YOU THINK THEY WOULD BE APPLYING FOR THE JOB OF HOUSEKEEPING ETC.CHECK IT OUT DO YOUR HOME WORK ITS TRUE!!!!!!!!!

ive also tried to get a job to several hotels ive got cleaning experienece customer service experience and im latino and ive tried on several occasions to get a job in housekeeeping and never recieved a response edgewise!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Phoenix, Arizona

89 months ago

One of the other reasons could be your poor grammar and spelling. I know as a manager I would have an issue with your application if it had the writing style shown here.

uhuruh in Bronx, New York said: to be honest I have been trying to get an job with starwood hotels since 2001, i have tried e-mails,walk-in renting rooms to sittining in their whiskey rooms and underbar, and here today nothing and currently on their job alert profile and receive an e-mail everyday from their automated e-mail list and its ironic they never send me the results to inform me if I have been accepted or neglected. and I live in NYC I have applied at the W,Westin,Sheraton,St.Regis and the Tuscany, and courtyard and at the poconos resort in which the Starwood Moguls own and do not want to give anyone a chance UNLESS YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THE POSITION, OR YOU HAVE 2 OR MORE FAMILY MEMBERS THERE IN HIGH POSITION, OR AN HABIB,MEXICAN AND OF COURSE CAUCASIAIN i KNOW BECAUSE IM STILL TRYING 5 YEARS LATER AND THE REASON I KNOW THAT IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY YOU GOT THE JOB, JUST APPROX TWO MONTHS AGO THEIR UNION V.P. HERE IN NYC WAS FIRED FOR SELLING JOBS EXCLUSIVELY TO THE BANGELDASH PEOPLE FOR 20,000-30,000 AND NO BLACK OR LATINO WILL PAY THAT DUE TO THE FACT THEY DONT HAVE THE MONEY IF SO YOU THEN YOU THINK THEY WOULD BE APPLYING FOR THE JOB OF HOUSEKEEPING ETC.CHECK IT OUT DO YOUR HOME WORK ITS TRUE!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandra

87 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Starwood Hotels? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I've worked for a couple of Starwood properties, one corporate and one franchiase. The latter I walked in a made out an application and was hired on the spot and may I add at my requested pay rate. The former I had applied twice in a different state and first was told they weren't hiring. The second time I had a walk in interview and was hired. I have since moved back to my home state and applied on line to an ad and I have an interview tomarrow. Guess this doesn't help much but
You seem to have a rather bad attitude... could this be the problem?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MBs08 in las vegas, Nevada

67 months ago

I had a bad experimce win a starwood HR person and now I am black listed even though I have a stellar resume. She kept arranging for a phone interview and then she would blow me off and not call or answer her phone. This happened 5 times in a row. I did tell her I was to busy for this kind of thing, wghich I am sure went into my file and I will never be hired my them even though I am more qualified than just amount any one they have in design, construction and architecture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

job41475 in Pleasantville, New York

16 months ago

Hi,

Is there a generic email for HR? I tried "human.resources@starwoodhotels.com" but it bounced back.

Thanks for any help

job41475

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kamel missaoui in Ireland

11 months ago

i would love to join starwood and im ready for interview thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.