What's the company culture at Starwood Hotels?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Starwood Hotels?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Starwood Hotels?

Reply - Report abuse

n/a in Schaumburg, Illinois

85 months ago

it is not a good experience at all. watch your back with this company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Starwood Survivor in Portland, Oregon

85 months ago

n/a in Schaumburg is right! It's Corporate America where everyone is climbing over everyone else to get to the top and some people have their noses so far up their supervisors a**es that you can get blamed for something you didn't do and have no way to defend yourself. Evil people!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

professional lier

84 months ago

Starwood offers great travelling benefits.
Starwood does not treat their employees fairly.
Starwood is money hungry.
Starwood managers do not recognize the word "honesty".

How to survive working for Starwood? You just lie, lie, lie!
You lie to the guest, you lie to your managers (tell them what they like to hear).

Starwood is not a warm company to work for. I have survived working for this company for many years because they have trained me how to lie. I have been able to keep my job because I am good @ what I do. I am a "Professional lier".
I am going to tough it out because I need my job. Maybe one day, my mother company would get rid of Starwood.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

No to Starwood in New York, New York

83 months ago

Awful company to work for in their corporate offices. They do not treat their employees well, and will favor cheaper over experienced . Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Look for another company that can offer growth and career path.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Dallas, Texas

82 months ago

Everyone is right! I worked at the W spa and they do not value their employees AT ALL!! Short term? possibly. Long term? no way

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

experienced poor treatment in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts

23 months ago

If you like being trained how to lie to customers and cheat them out of money, this is the job for you. The travel benefits are not worth the very little time off you get to use them. Also the so called team leads and supervisor's listen to your calls all day long trying to catch you doing something wrong so they can fire you and not pay you unemployment. Oh yeah and your retirement money they take out of your check every week, good luck getting that back. They do not value employees or their customers at all. Pure evil.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.