How to get a job at State of Arizona.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you work at State of Arizona? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Phoenix, Arizona

8 months ago

I found my position just by applying on their job board - azstatejobs.gov. There are so many openings and all of the different position titles were overwhelming. I just searched by keyword and read each description until I found a few I was qualified for. I submitted my resume online and was called about a month later.

The call was sort of a phone screen. The manager asked me a few questions to gauge my understanding of the job. Then she invited me to an in-person panel interview (there were 3 on the panel). I showed up 15 minutes early, brought copies of my resume, and dressed professionally. Prior to the interview, I did some research online about the agency that was interviewing me. There are so many agencies in State government and they each have unique missions - I think this was key to showing my enthusiasm for the job.

They had me take a computer-based test right after the interview. I never found out my score, but I was offered the job so it must have been ok.

TL,DR: Applying for jobs online feels like sending your resume into a black hole. Be persistant, sometimes it works out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.