Stein Mart News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What do you think - will Stein Mart grow fast? Are they expanding their staff? How does Stein Mart stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Someone who Cares in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

68 months ago

GO TO: www.steinmart.info

Louis J Smith, a 46 year old white male started working for Stein Mart Store #89 in Hattiesburg, MS On October 15, 2007. Jacquie Forrester Store Manager of Stein Mart Store #89 hired Louis Smith Full time in the store’s Visual Department. When Louis started his job for the first day he never watch the Employment Orientation Video or was given an Employee Handbook for Stein Mart.

The store was under going changes in their upper management staff in October of 2007 with Veronica hired for Asst Manager and Debbie Collins was hired as Operations Manager. Devera was also the new Women’s Manager for Stein Mart Store #89 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.

Louis had worked with Debbie Collins back in 1993 until 1995 at JCPenny’s Cloverleaf Mall in Hattiesburg, MS. Louis was in the Visual Department at JCPenny back in 1993. The day after Louis started at Stein Mart he discovered that Debbie Collins would take on Asst Manager for Stein Mart. Debbie was shocked to find out that Louis would be working in visual at Stein Mart. An Ex Employee told Louis the management started on him from day one with Debbie Collins feeding personal information that happen to Louis while employed with JCPenny back in the mid 90s. Louis was hospitalized due to his depression while employed with JCPenny. After Louis returned to work at JCpenny he was demoted from Visual to the Home department. Louis was forced to leave JCpenny because they had reduced his hours from 40 a week to 16 a week. Debbie Collins was feeding Jacquie Forrester Store Manager of Stein Mart in Store #89 with personal information on Louis Smith. Louis performed his work in visual with high standards and quality. When Stein Mart’s District Manager made his first visit in Aug 2008 he was imprest with Louis’s work that he had the manager do a increase in pay. Also Louis’s weekly hours were increased from 30 to 35. Louis Smith however never had a yea

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Louis Smith however never had a yearly evolution up to the day of his discharge on 11/12/08.
Louis Smith has a disability and is diagnosed of having a personality disorder. Personality disorder, formerly referred to as a Character Disorder, is a class of mental disorders characterized by rigid and on-going patterns of feeling, thinking, and behavior. The underlying belief systems informing these patterns are referred to as fixed fantasies or “dysfunctional schemata” (Cognitive modules). The inflexibility and pervasiveness of these behavioral patterns often cause serious personal and social difficulties, as well as a general functional impairment. Louis even made both Jacquie Forrester and Debbie Collins aware of his personality disorder disability.

On November 12, 2007 I was fired unjustly by the store manager.
Unable to go over the full details because I’m in a employment lawsuit with them.

Facts in the case to continue…….

Store #89’s Manager Does NOT follow Stein Mart’s Handbook..

Full of Crack Heads and employees with Rap Sheets. Manager’s with their Blood Kin working under them. Stealing and going out the back door!!

Store #89 Manager J.F. found out I was blowing the Whistle to Corp and she fired me on 11/12/08.

(Tune in for full details)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

Someone who Cares in Hattiesburg, Mississippi said: Louis Smith however never had a yearly evolution up to the day of his discharge on 11/12/08.
Louis Smith has a disability and is diagnosed of having a personality disorder. Personality disorder, formerly referred to as a Character Disorder, is a class of mental disorders characterized by rigid and on-going patterns of feeling, thinking, and behavior. The underlying belief systems informing these patterns are referred to as fixed fantasies or “dysfunctional schemata” (Cognitive modules). The inflexibility and pervasiveness of these behavioral patterns often cause serious personal and social difficulties, as well as a general functional impairment. Louis even made both Jacquie Forrester and Debbie Collins aware of his personality disorder disability.

On November 12, 2007 I was fired unjustly by the store manager.
Unable to go over the full details because I’m in a employment lawsuit with them.

Facts in the case to continue…….

Store #89’s Manager Does NOT follow Stein Mart’s Handbook..

Full of Crack Heads and employees with Rap Sheets. Manager’s with their Blood Kin working under them. Stealing and going out the back door!!

Store #89 Manager J.F. found out I was blowing the Whistle to Corp and she fired me on 11/12/08.

(Tune in for full details)

Do he realized that he can sue her for breach of confidentiality and also the fact she broke healthcare laws under HIPPA! Employers are always mandated to keep employee info private and especially if they worked prior for a different company. If you have his info tell him to get an attorney fast for Personal Injury and contact HIPPA, she could jailed and fined for her violations of privacy!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

You and Louis Smith can also sue for damages for being a whistleblower on the matter. I would've been on the phone with their CEO corporate and if I had to write letters to CEO own home, i would. Because this conduct can make a company go under and lose business. Contact the Labor Board of the State, Employment office, also HIPPA and do a complaint. No is allowed to give any employees healthcare information It's against the law and a federal offense. And also the District Attorney's office as I see this is a form of harassment and actually illegal. If you told me something personal especially a healthcare condition, I can't tell no one else without your permission.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

I've been calling the CEO at stein Mart in Jacksonville and he will not return my call. I have filed a charge with the EEO as of Jan 23, 2009 and I now have Mr. Louis Watson out of Jackson as my lawyer. I was offered a job with Sears and in Hattiesburg and Bryan the store manager at sears told me that he would not hire anyone what is sue happy. I was told by the stein mart manager at store 89 that I had filed a EEOC charge. What is this world coming to... Everyone should BAN Sears and Stein Mart Store in this Country!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

enotsk in Texas

30 months ago

what handbook? I was never given one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.