STMicroelectronics News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does STMicroelectronics stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

qwert in Tempe, Arizona

85 months ago

Phx and Austin sites will be shutdown in less than 2 yrs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

J in Phoenix, Arizona

85 months ago

Rumor inside the company at PHX is Carrolton and PHX are both going to be shut down due to high wafer costs, ie: high wages in America. No official word YET about ST Americas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Boohoo

85 months ago

J in Phoenix, Arizona said: Rumor inside the company at PHX is Carrolton and PHX are both going to be shut down due to high wafer costs, ie: high wages in America. No official word YET about ST Americas.

Yea we are suppose to hear something this week. Hope it is soon. Just want the other shoes to drop so we know where we stand.............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

somebody in Phoenix, Arizona

85 months ago

there are different rumors going around that ST will close all plants in the u.s. i.e. (carrolton and phoenix)...nothing has been announced yet officially. Personally, I feel this is a MAJOR mistake in there part. Ever since the new CEO has taken over he doesnt seem to give a hoot about just how much dedication especially the Phoenix plant has contributed to the company..I hear ST has a (had a) better eputation when it comes to problems...but we will all hold our breath and see...this could be another bad one...hopefully theyll change their plans...poor people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.