College Recruitment Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

BiOePsU in State College, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

What's the college recruitment process like? I'm trying to judge how well things are going. I met a HR recruiter at a career fair and was interviewed, set-up and took the Gallup, and was told I'm going to be going to MI for an interview. If it weren't for all the differing opinions about the hiring process, I'd be pretty confident. I really want the job and think that Stryker is the kind of company and environment for me to do what I've gone to school for all these years to do... Any input?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matrix31 in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

Depends on what you being hired to do. Sales? Do you want a life or anytime to hold down a girlfriend or marriage, help with kids homework, field trips, crafts, sports without getting frustrated that you cannot work to win? Im sure there are many people at Stryker that can do this but it takes the stars to align correctly in a relationship and with their customers. i passed the gallup, got the offer and the hiring manager was very explicit about what i would have to sacrifice to be successful, i just put what was most important to me and my quality of life before the offer. I prefer a work/life balance and making 10k less to watch my kids grow up is money to me. Stryker has a pretty aggressive growth requirement and expectations that to some mean the best of the best, you dont do, you get fired. Im cool being number II in the line up because at the end of the day you have to ask yourself what do you want to do with your life? Pay homage to industry giant or live life, not going to make your life better that 10K or even 20k, trust me. Stryker is not going to give you what any other Med Co company would give you if you perform, just try. Up to you? Stryker is no joke to have on your resume, find their weak spot and exploit it, i do, 9 times out of 10 it is your personality, communication and the rapport you build that wins the sale.

Best of luck,

Matrix

BiOePsU in State College, Pennsylvania said: What's the college recruitment process like? I'm trying to judge how well things are going. I met a HR recruiter at a career fair and was interviewed, set-up and took the Gallup, and was told I'm going to be going to MI for an interview. If it weren't for all the differing opinions about the hiring process, I'd be pretty confident. I really want the job and think that Stryker is the kind of company and environment for me to do what I've gone to school for all these years to do... Any input?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.