If your over 40, don't bother

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

John Galt in Columbus, Indiana

82 months ago

Styker gives a test, it has been talked about before here. I had a attorney look at it ( I record the phone call) and he agreed with me... it is a test to determine your age.

Lets face it, a experinced talented engineer who has been around awhile, is hard to mold into a cookie cutter engineer. Fortuntely, there are other companies that respect skills, but still these people at Styker are scum for doing this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jeanne in Leominster, Massachusetts

82 months ago

I agree with you and they are the ones that are losing out as people have lots of skills that they bring to the table and some companies don't want to pay for these skills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jp Claremont, NH in Dunbarton, New Hampshire

82 months ago

So is Dimatix in Lebanon, NH. I applied for over 10 jobs there and i'm
qualified for each position, however i'm 52 and will never stand a chance
of getting my foot in the door for even an interview.
Everyone I have spoken with has told me that their H.R. Mgr. is in his 20's so don't even bother if you are over 40. He just wants to create his own little world there and continue to play G-D.
Also they found out that I only have 75% use of my lower legs from an ATV accident, I get around just fine with a cane, and i'm a VET, still willing and more than able to work. I've also owned my own Business here in Claremont NH for over 20 yrs. Before that I was the Production / Plant Mgr. of CREARE Products for 10 years. They "CREARE" started Spectra which is now Dimatix. Perhaps that's why I'm upset.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

John Galt in Indianapolis, Indiana

82 months ago

jp Claremont, NH in Dunbarton, New Hampshire said: So is Dimatix in Lebanon, NH. I applied for over 10 jobs there and i'm

Here is what you do. Trim your resume back to the last 10-15 years. Take dates off your education. Then you should get interviews. That is what I did, and it made a world of difference. Still a rough road to go, but at least you'll get a interview and companies then will have a harder time discriminating against you based soley on age.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JW99 in San Jose, California

66 months ago

jp Claremont, NH in Dunbarton, New Hampshire said: So is Dimatix in Lebanon, NH. I applied for over 10 jobs there and i'm
Everyone I have spoken with has told me that their H.R. Mgr. is in his 20's so don't even bother if you are over 40. He just wants to create his own little world there and continue to play G-D.
Also they found out that I only have 75% use of my lower legs from an ATV accident, I get around just fine with a cane, and i'm a VET, still willing and more than able to work. I've also owned my own Business here in Claremont NH for over 20 yrs. Before that I was the Production / Plant Mgr. of CREARE Products for 10 years. They "CREARE" started Spectra which is now Dimatix. Perhaps that's why I'm upset.

I know this is 16months later, but I notice you wanted to get into Dimatix. I wanted to know if this is still true and if so, I know someone who works at the company and there is a possibility they could set up an interview for you. From your responses, you do seem qualified, anyway, give me your email address and I'll have them follow up with you. BTW, Fujifilm Dimatix does have one of the best benefit packages I have seen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.