Stryker HR Very Unprofessional

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

tomnkids3 in New York

84 months ago

FOLLOWUP: Well 2 weeks later after calling HR back to see what happened, they gave me the Gallup. I got passed that with flying colors, then got set up for an interview the next week. Had to take a MS Office (word, outlook, excel, powerpoint) assesment the day of the interview, passed all with flyng colors. Then brought in the office of the recruiter and asked a series of other questions, approximately 20 of them, found them to be similar to the Gallup but all answers had to be business related. I figured "DAMN how many more questions can there be". Then I was told that alot of the postings on the website are NOT up to date and the 2 positions i applied for were filled, and there was 1 opening. The position was explained and to be honest it did sound very demandingand lot of responsibility. I was given a Stryker packet on the company singing its praises blah blah....In conclusion i was told i would be called in a couple of days to set up and interview with the Regulatory Depart. After 2 days i get an email saying in essence they are persuing other candidates that fit their needs. I wondered humm what in the world could they be looking for. The Recuiter during the interview was getting off the beaten track discussing her personal home buying endeavors, etc. so maybe when i gave her some home purchasing advice i got off the topic and that was too some kind of test too, it wouldnt surprise me. In conclusion Stryker seeems to be very particular by what they want and i can definatley tell by what they gave me to read, VERY demanding. They dont want excuses, they want above and beyond, it think its the over acheiver. So i myself found that they felt i didnt fit them but i know for sure they didnt fit me either. I chaulk it up to a very unusual interview experience. They said they would hold my resume for other openings, i wont hold my breath, but i would not go back, I had my fill. Anyone wanting some Gallup help i am on yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MARTINEZ1 in somewhere

62 months ago

WoW, it hurts reading this. Can not believe what I am reading. Thank you for sharing. I hope you land the job and hope it is a six figure salary at least. I wish you and everyone else the best . Especially on this economic climate. Unemployment reaching two digits already on some states.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

niki in Peoria, Illinois

49 months ago

can you please send me gallup questions if you still remember? my email id is bakshiniki25@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Stryker questionable in Wyckoff, New Jersey

32 months ago

Too bad they treat people this way. You're much better off not being with Stryker. The culture is so bad that whenever the economy picks up, people flock out of that place. Speak with recruiters and they will tell you that Stryker has a well deserved rep for being a very uncomfortable place to work. Rest assured there are some good people there, but the environment of fear is very unfortunate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

pinkneysj@yahoo.com in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

tomnkids3 in New York said: FOLLOWUP: Well 2 weeks later after calling HR back to see what happened, they gave me the Gallup. I got passed that with flying colors, then got set up for an interview the next week. Had to take a MS Office (word, outlook, excel, powerpoint) assesment the day of the interview, passed all with flyng colors. Then brought in the office of the recruiter and asked a series of other questions, approximately 20 of them, found them to be similar to the Gallup but all answers had to be business related. I figured "DAMN how many more questions can there be". Then I was told that alot of the postings on the website are NOT up to date and the 2 positions i applied for were filled, and there was 1 opening. The position was explained and to be honest it did sound very demandingand lot of responsibility. I was given a Stryker packet on the company singing its praises blah blah....In conclusion i was told i would be called in a couple of days to set up and interview with the Regulatory Depart. After 2 days i get an email saying in essence they are persuing other candidates that fit their needs. I wondered humm what in the world could they be looking for. The Recuiter during the interview was getting off the beaten track discussing her personal home buying endeavors, etc. so maybe when i gave her some home purchasing advice i got off the topic and that was too some kind of test too, it wouldnt surprise me. In conclusion Stryker seeems to be very particular by what they want and i can definatley tell by what they gave me to read, VERY demanding. They dont want excuses, they want above and beyond, it think its the over acheiver. So i myself found that they felt i didnt fit them but i know for sure they didnt fit me either. I chaulk it up to a very unusual interview experience. They said they would hold my resume for other openings, i wont hold my breath, but i would not go back, I had my fill. Anyone wanting some Gallup help i am on yahoo.com.

pinkneysj@yahoo.com in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

Hello,

Can you offer any advice about the Gallup interview with Stryker?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tomnkids3 in New York

31 months ago

@pinkneys: Actually i was hired at Stryker several months later. They contacted me for another position within the company and I tested again and passed with flying colors as i did the first time. Dont judge what you read here as far as punctuation and spelling, i was typing in simplistic terms and didnt know i would be graded (so to speak) for this. I have a bachelors degree,and over 20 years corporate experience. You speak of patient safety, and i dont know if you know anything about Stryker in Mahwah, NJ, but, the positions entail NO patient contact, since this is their corporate office and warehouse facility.

Next time dont be so quick to judge someone on their spelling grammar, etc. since people are tying to give helpful information and not be scrutinized and critized. Keep your guesses to yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

tomnkids3 in New York

31 months ago

Also anyone needing information on the Gallup test please feel free to email me, I still have the questions they will ask.

pinkneysj in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

tomnkids3 in New York said: FOLLOWUP: Well 2 weeks later after calling HR back to see what happened, they gave me the Gallup. I got passed that with flying colors, then got set up for an interview the next week. Had to take a MS Office (word, outlook, excel, powerpoint) assesment the day of the interview, passed all with flyng colors. Then brought in the office of the recruiter and asked a series of other questions, approximately 20 of them, found them to be similar to the Gallup but all answers had to be business related. I figured "DAMN how many more questions can there be". Then I was told that alot of the postings on the website are NOT up to date and the 2 positions i applied for were filled, and there was 1 opening. The position was explained and to be honest it did sound very demandingand lot of responsibility. I was given a Stryker packet on the company singing its praises blah blah....In conclusion i was told i would be called in a couple of days to set up and interview with the Regulatory Depart. After 2 days i get an email saying in essence they are persuing other candidates that fit their needs. I wondered humm what in the world could they be looking for. The Recuiter during the interview was getting off the beaten track discussing her personal home buying endeavors, etc. so maybe when i gave her some home purchasing advice i got off the topic and that was too some kind of test too, it wouldnt surprise me. In conclusion Stryker seeems to be very particular by what they want and i can definatley tell by what they gave me to read, VERY demanding. They dont want excuses, they want above and beyond, it think its the over acheiver. So i myself found that they felt i didnt fit them but i know for sure they didnt fit me either. I chaulk it up to a very unusual interview experience. They said they would hold my resume for other openings, i wont hold my breath, but i would not go back, I had my fill. Anyone wanting some Gallup help i am on yahoo.com.[/QUOT

pinkneysj in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

Well I have had my phone interview. The HR recruiter adviced me that I would be hearing from the hiring manager in 2-3 weeks. I am interviewing for a Sales Associate Position. What should I expected next. I'm interested in knowing about the next interview process and what I need to do to pass it.

Mayank in Hyderabad, India

22 months ago

Please send me the gall up questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

just fed up in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

Where can we find you on yahoo to ask you aobut the question

tomnkids3 in New York said: FOLLOWUP: Well 2 weeks later after calling HR back to see what happened, they gave me the Gallup. I got passed that with flying colors, then got set up for an interview the next week. Had to take a MS Office (word, outlook, excel, powerpoint) assesment the day of the interview, passed all with flyng colors. Then brought in the office of the recruiter and asked a series of other questions, approximately 20 of them, found them to be similar to the Gallup but all answers had to be business related. I figured "DAMN how many more questions can there be". Then I was told that alot of the postings on the website are NOT up to date and the 2 positions i applied for were filled, and there was 1 opening. The position was explained and to be honest it did sound very demandingand lot of responsibility. I was given a Stryker packet on the company singing its praises blah blah....In conclusion i was told i would be called in a couple of days to set up and interview with the Regulatory Depart. After 2 days i get an email saying in essence they are persuing other candidates that fit their needs. I wondered humm what in the world could they be looking for. The Recuiter during the interview was getting off the beaten track discussing her personal home buying endeavors, etc. so maybe when i gave her some home purchasing advice i got off the topic and that was too some kind of test too, it wouldnt surprise me. In conclusion Stryker seeems to be very particular by what they want and i can definatley tell by what they gave me to read, VERY demanding. They dont want excuses, they want above and beyond, it think its the over acheiver. So i myself found that they felt i didnt fit them but i know for sure they didnt fit me either. I chaulk it up to a very unusual interview experience. They said they would hold my resume for other openings, i wont hold my breath, but i would not g

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.