Stryker News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Stryker stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Minneapolis, Minnesota

83 months ago

yes, they are already doing layoffs in the imaging division. not a good company to work for!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mahwah Employee in Morristown, New Jersey

82 months ago

If you're a temp/contract, you have a good chance of layoff if the company looks like they may not meet their quarterly goal. Permanent employees aren't laid off often, although plenty and I mean PLENTY leave on their own volition because they just don't like working there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sterifill_5_mL in Louisville, Colorado

82 months ago

Mahwah Employee in Morristown, New Jersey said: Permanent employees aren't laid off often, although plenty and I mean PLENTY leave on their own volition because they just don't like working there.

How often does a Permanent employee get PIP'd or placed on PIP (Performance Improvement Plan)?

Is PIP used as a lightning rod at Stryker Mahwah?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mahwah Employee in Morristown, New Jersey

82 months ago

Sterifill_5_mL in Louisville, Colorado said: How often does a Permanent employee get PIP'd or placed on PIP (Performance Improvement Plan)?

Is PIP used as a lightning rod at Stryker Mahwah?

I wish I had more knowledge, but I don't think most would advertise they were on a PIP even if they were. I do know that it's used at Stryker Mahwah and is the preferred method of letting a permanent employee know to find work elsewhere than just plain getting fired. It's the temps that can (and often do) get completely blindsided with getting laid off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

applicant in Kalamazoo, Michigan

66 months ago

I was going to apply for a Customer Service job but after talking with my dad and seeing this I am assuming being a college grad that I should look elsewhere first... I am getting laid off at my company at the end of this week. Any suggestions on where to look? Major- Business Mgmt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.