impossible to please

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

missy in Columbia, Maryland

90 months ago

Stryker has been advertising this position for over a year. They have no idea what they want.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Brady in Livingston, New Jersey

90 months ago

They keep advertising because they cant find anyone willing to work there or atleast that is what a few recruiters have told me.

The buzz is that it is not a great place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dan in Dorr, Michigan

90 months ago

having worked there for 2 years, and watching many positions stay open, it has nothing to do with NOT knowing what they want. its because they know EXACTLY what they want, and are willing to wait until they find it. until then, they add workload to other people. theres no doubt you will work your butt off there, but its a great place with great people. stryker has spent a boat load of money profiling their most successful employees, and they only hire new employees that fit these profiles. its a direction most large and successful corporations are heading.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Rhonda in New Brunswick, New Jersey

88 months ago

Stryker fired all the experienced Howmedica employees and closed down the plant in NJ,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

White Male in Gilmanton, Wisconsin

87 months ago

What a waste of time interviewing for this position. They keep advertising this position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Scooby D in Princeton, Massachusetts

87 months ago

The problem is that it is not really the same position. They fill it but other people leave from the dept. I know many people that have left because they are severely micromanaged and employees cannot tolerate this.

If you need micromanagement then apply!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

politically correct in Neenah, Wisconsin

86 months ago

Sounds like current employees suffer by bearing an extra load when they cannot find a matching droid. How is this a good business practice? You want to fill the positions before the current employees get burned out trying to keep up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jony in Carmel, Indiana

86 months ago

Does anyone know what they pay for a project manager or marketing manager with 15 years of medical device eperience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

No Name in Watertown, South Dakota

85 months ago

They also lose some great candidates because of the Gallup poll. I know some other firms that have abandoned these practices with great results. I was rejected by Gallup. Was disapointed but not defeated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Afelixa in New York, United States minor outlying islands

83 months ago

Can you please email me any questions for Gallup test that you found troubling. I am interviewing with them next week as well.

e-mail: mfgdomain@gmail.com

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Starglider in Valencia, California

81 months ago

Rhonda in New Brunswick, New Jersey said: Stryker fired all the experienced Howmedica employees and closed down the plant in NJ,

Was this due in part to "clashes of culture"?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.