Sts Tire & Auto Centers Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Sts Tire & Auto Centers?

What do you like best about working at Sts Tire & Auto Centers? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Blex M in Paterson, New Jersey

71 months ago

As an automotive tech that worked there for couple years I am happy not to be there anymore. Got hired at $10 hour with empty promises of an increase. Never happend even after working there for 2 years. There ESOP ( employee ownership ) program only benefits people that make $45k or higher because its based on a % of your anual salary and you have to put in 6 years to be able to keep that. The only perks of working there was the classes they had at there career center witch I attended many time because I was told it would help me get a raise, so I attended them even if I knew the material. They hire techs fresh out of school starting at $8 because they are so eager to work again with empty promises. They expect there mechanics to do level A tech work with a level C salary. Oh and yes I am ASE certified tech. For those thinking about applying at STS do your research really good and ask alot of questions at the interview. In my opinion working for FireStone or Midas was a more pleasant experience and the pay is way better. For the customer that is planing on taking your car there, be careful with all the flushes they are going to try to sell you. Most times the tech would not recomend them but the service writer will. Happend to me many time when I saw the car did not need it or the fluids would past the tests and the service writer would still try to sell it because the company holds many competitions between every store and the winners would get some kind of incentive. I laugh every time I read STS its a TRUST thing. Do not TRUST this company!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.