MEDICATION CARE MANAGER

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Atia in Utica, Michigan

84 months ago

Has anyone applied for this position? If you have worked as a MCM, what was experience like...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bev in McClean, Virginia

83 months ago

If you are interested, go to the group interview then the individual interview and then you get to spend 2 to 6 hours (your call) shadowing someone in that role. There will be no one watching you and you can ask this person anything you want about the job. This all happens before a job offer is extended. We call that "job pre-viewing" and it is your chance to be sure that this is a job you want - your chance to interview us if you will. It is all about getting the right people in the right place. I would encourage you to move forward - I no longer work for Sunrise, but would return in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jessie in Chicago, Illinois

83 months ago

Atia in Utica, Michigan said: Has anyone applied for this position? If you have worked as a MCM, what was experience like...

Stay as far away from Sunrise as possibe. Go to the other forums and you'll see why, not to mention that they are heavily under investigation with the Security Exchange Commission and many states whose Department of Public Health is looking into a significant rise in resident neglect and abuse. In addition, their turn over is very high because of staff mistreatment.

There are many great retirement and nursing facilities to work for. Not this one! Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bev in McClean, Virginia

83 months ago

Jessie in Chicago, Illinois said: Stay as far away from Sunrise as possibe. Go to the other forums and you'll see why, not to mention that they are heavily under investigation with the Security Exchange Commission and many states whose Department of Public Health is looking into a significant rise in resident neglect and abuse. In addition, their turn over is very high because of staff mistreatment.

There are many great retirement and nursing facilities to work for. Not this one! Good Luck.

So, all knowing Jessie, which companies do you recommend?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Sandy Lynn in St.Petersburg, Florida

83 months ago

Bev in McClean, Virginia said: So, all knowing Jessie, which companies do you recommend?

Interesting banter. Bev, you don't need to be so defensive. Afterall, if Sunrise is so great why do you not go back. There appears to be ample openings and it sounds like someone of your calliber would be an asset to this company? I've been in healthcare for a long time and it is always good to get as much information as possible. Just try google folks. You find a lot of interesting things on some employers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tanisha in Ann Arbor, Michigan

83 months ago

Bev in McClean, Virginia said: So, all knowing Jessie, which companies do you recommend?

Bev, are you sure you are not still employed by Sunrise? In this forum you say you aren't but in another you are. What gives? Maybe dementia is contagious?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bev in McClean, Virginia

83 months ago

Sandy Lynn in St.Petersburg, Florida said: Interesting banter. Bev, you don't need to be so defensive. Afterall, if Sunrise is so great why do you not go back. There appears to be ample openings and it sounds like someone of your calliber would be an asset to this company? I've been in healthcare for a long time and it is always good to get as much information as possible. Just try google folks. You find a lot of interesting things on some employers.

Seriously, what are the better companies?? I have relocated and am seeking a new position (I presume the same as most who visit this sight). There are no opportunities with Sunrise at present in my new location. A web search for each of the big 5 show lawsuits as well as many of the local companies. I have turned down 2 offers because the company did not allow an adequate staffing ratio - this is the problem I keep finding with mom and pop orgs. So tell me about the successful adventures you have had in the industry and which banner gave you the ability to lead your community in the most ethical manner? I am, of course, speaking of leadership as ED/Administrator or regional support.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sandy Lynn in St.Petersburg, Florida

83 months ago

Bev in McClean, Virginia said: Seriously, what are the better companies?? I have relocated and am seeking a new position (I presume the same as most who visit this sight). There are no opportunities with Sunrise at present in my new location. A web search for each of the big 5 show lawsuits as well as many of the local companies. I have turned down 2 offers because the company did not allow an adequate staffing ratio - this is the problem I keep finding with mom and pop orgs. So tell me about the successful adventures you have had in the industry and which banner gave you the ability to lead your community in the most ethical manner? I am, of course, speaking of leadership as ED/Administrator or regional support.

I do not understand why you wave the flag so high? Who are you? Are sure you are not on their payroll? I am an ED, active in my communty, and my ethics are above reproach. If you are going to speak of leadership, your comments here are certainly mislead. Nobody is questioning your personal ethics, but it seems you have no sense of reality. No facility is perfect and your continued flag waving (excuse me - "banner")seems extraordinarily over the top. Thou Dost Protest Too Much, Methinks - or in your case Thou Dost Promote Sunrise Too Much.

For chuckles and grins, I occasion this website. It is always interesting to see what people think of my former employer.

Good luck with your search. I hope you find what you are looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bev in McClean, Virginia

83 months ago

Sandy Lynn in St.Petersburg, Florida said: I do not understand why you wave the flag so high? Who are you? Are sure you are not on their payroll? I am an ED, active in my communty, and my ethics are above reproach. If you are going to speak of leadership, your comments here are certainly mislead. Nobody is questioning your personal ethics, but it seems you have no sense of reality. No facility is perfect and your continued flag waving (excuse me - "banner")seems extraordinarily over the top. Thou Dost Protest Too Much, Methinks - or in your case Thou Dost Promote Sunrise Too Much.

For chuckles and grins, I occasion this website. It is always interesting to see what people think of my former employer.

Good luck with your search. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Thanks for the good luck wish!

When I refer to "banner" I am referring to "company". I have had some great experiences which does set my expectations high. I do not feel that I or my team can deliver an care much less excellent care when the staffing ratio expectation is 1:10 in dementia care. I speak from a "real" experience of leading communities for more that 10 years. Has the landscape change so much since I last was on the hunt? Or maybe it is my new location in Washington, maybe the bar is lower here? I am not sure why everyone is so negative ... methinks somebody needs a hug!

I am glad to hear that ethics remain high with you and I hope you enjoyed your chuckle and grin!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

NoNoNo in Louisiana

72 months ago

So Bev, what is the ratio on the night shift, Care Manager to resident? What do you think about those numbers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.