Sunrise Senior Living Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Sunrise Senior Living?

What do you like best about working at Sunrise Senior Living? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Tanisha in Ann Arbor, Michigan

87 months ago

Bev in McClean, Virginia said: For the areas I support, the pay is hit and miss. It hits more than it misses, but the ED's have the ability in each community to slide their $ around to meet their needs. That can result in very, very good pay for one position, and average pay for another in the same building. I can tell you that I love the company culture, I am paid appropriatly for the work that I do - but that second paycheck - the one that makes me feel great everyday - it is BIG! This is not the typical "American" company. I would work here for less!

Maybe you should work there for less and you won't be praising them so much. In another forum you said you don't work there anymore and now you say you do. Me thinks you still work there and are trying to make this place sound better than we actually know it is. You're trippin' yourself up girl. Or your just a trip.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

NoNoNo in Louisiana

76 months ago

Bev in McClean, Virginia said: For the areas I support, the pay is hit and miss. It hits more than it misses, but the ED's have the ability in each community to slide their $ around to meet their needs. That can result in very, very good pay for one position, and average pay for another in the same building. I can tell you that I love the company culture, I am paid appropriatly for the work that I do - but that second paycheck - the one that makes me feel great everyday - it is BIG! This is not the typical "American" company. I would work here for less!

Bev, you are obviously here to make this company look good. Sorry, but the facts speak for themselves!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

__________ baker in Montreal, Quebec

62 months ago

Tanisha in Ann Arbor, Michigan said: Maybe you should work there for less and you won't be praising them so much. In another forum you said you don't work there anymore and now you say you do. Me thinks you still work there and are trying to make this place sound better than we actually know it is. You're trippin' yourself up girl. Or your just a trip.[/QUOTE

sunrise is a very good company to work for,i will start working there monday and the people are so nice loving and caring, when they gave the tour i was so touched how loving each and everyone is there, and the residence are so happy with the care they get because the people who work there really do love them and there jobs, i was taken away when i saw what a nice safe secure loving and caring environment they had layed out for all of the resedance,and as far as the pay they pay accordingly its all fair,i'm reading all this and i don't understand why anyone would want to bring down sunrise as i have worked in many places and in other places you don't find the care that sunrise gives sunrise really and truly cares about there resedants, they don't need to shower themselves with good words its all visual to the eye and with there actions with out even talking. M.R

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

snowandsun in Leominster, Massachusetts

61 months ago

Sunrise is all about first impressions and after that they do not meet the expectations they have set either to residents. They provide the minimum quality, servicce and staffing that they can get away this. The direct care staff are under paid and over worked. Sunrise is terrified of union activity and has spend a considerable amount of money on staff trainings to prevent this. The community I worked for was a million dollar business the ED and management staff were highly paid via salaries and many bonus incentives. The Care managers and other non management staff were the back bone of the community and were compensated at around 10-12/hour. Staff turnover is horrific, there are weekly group interviews for Care Managers, and Monthly trainings, yet our community lauded it exemplary staff longevity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

snowandson: hi there so i finelly got the job at sunrise and started working there. i have to admit its true they did give me first impression that its one big happy family, after a two weeks of this long training, the wellness nurse told others i was arogant because i had agreed with the head nurse about something and she asumed i was trying to show i know everything, then came a med tech to train me and all she was talking about was her boy at halloween, he did this and he did that, so to be friend her, i brought up my kids as my child has an event coming up, she had gone to the head nurse and said all i talked about was my boy and i didnt ask questions related to the job, i was upset. the nurse in charge took me to her office and let me know what they said about me and asked me to tone it down, she said if it was up to the one that hired me she would have fired me already, but she was giving me a chance, i was so hert and cryed like 3 days in a row, im supposed to go back on monday and i dont want to but have no choice i have no other job and need money. i dont feel good to walk in there knowing these people said that about me. the girl that said im arogant im sure she said that because she is scared im going to take her hours because before she had full time and now they are cutting her hours but she is still getting more than me which i dont really care but her way of saying im arogant just because i agreed with the nurse i dont get that these people are weard but i love the the director of the place she is nice. its sad,, but true what u say i didnt belive it before but now i do and im sad about it because i thought its where i would like to be but now i see its a big mistak

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

snowandsun in Leominster, Massachusetts

61 months ago

I am sorry to hear about you frustrations. You could always brng it to the attention of your business office coordinator or human resources. Since you are a new employee you may want to hold back since you have not had an opportunity to build a good rapport with the other staff. Best wishes, and what kept me goiong through my 3 years at Sunrise was the residents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

61 months ago

yes i love them its nice to see and be with them buti dont deserve this im looking to ake an honest living and you have all these people coming your way to try to get you fired for no resion at all only there asumptions about me,i want to confront them but i feel it might make it worse and then they will say im confertatious, people always have something not nice to say and the funny fart is these people feel all puffed up because they know they influence weather u stay or get fired its there way of feeling over powering and u have nothing to do about it. its like your job is in there hands.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LM1981 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

I work there as a housekeeper and the starting pay is 8.10a an hour and they are nasty to their employees. They change schedules and policies without even telling the employees. There is a new handbook that I've never seen and no one in my dept knew about it. I am getting out of there soon so I will tell the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

fitmove in San Mateo, California

17 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Sunrise Senior Living ?

What do you like best about working at Sunrise Senior Living? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

I have a question? How does someone hire a good marketer to bring me business in your line of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fitmove in San Mateo, California

17 months ago

Hello, how does someone hire a good marketer to bring business to an assisted living facility?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

josephjazmine@yahoo.com in Dallas, Texas

16 months ago

LM1981 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I work there as a housekeeper and the starting pay is 8.10a an hour and they are nasty to their employees. They change schedules and policies without even telling the employees. There is a new handbook that I've never seen and no one in my dept knew about it. I am getting out of there soon so I will tell the truth.

that's what I applied for what is the interview about?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.