Sutter Health News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Sutter Health stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

BMTRN in Rocklin, California

85 months ago

The Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento has already laid off over 60 employees including most of the LVNs on staff at Sutter Memorial and Sutter General. The word that is now going around is that we should expect another 300 lay-offs in October. There are many staff that are extremely unhappy and looking for another place to work. The nurses are overwhelmed with 4 and 5 patients and finding themselves expected to do more and more. Keep in mind that these kind of patients 10 years ago would have been found in ICU, not on basic medical-surgical units. What Sutter needs to do is start taking from the top, not the bottom that actually does the work. Let's see if Pat Fry and Tom Gagen would be willing to cut their salaries to help provide a more balanced budget. I used to love my place of work and now it is simply a paycheck. I myself would not come to Sutter if I had the choice to make again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No Reply - Report abuse

swanny in Daly City, California

79 months ago

hi! i'm an RN here in Ca. had been one since sept. of last year. i've been applying for jobs since then but can't seem to find any. i don't have any nursing experience yet, but i had worked as a doctor in the Philippines.would really appreciate it if someone could help me find some place to work...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.