How to get a job at Sutter Health.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

Do you work at Sutter Health? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Narinderpal Dhillon in Hayward, California

93 months ago

Dear Sir/Madam! I applying for job position as a Certified Medical Assistant since 4 years in this palo alto medical foundation.I had my inerview twice in palo alto HR dept. I'm curently working and I have 3 years experience for this job position.I have my question why don't they want to hire me for this position what is wrong with my job experience.I will keep countinue to apply for job here .I hope they will call me any day I am still waiting . I hope you will give me answer for this question. Thank you If you want to call me my cell# (510)366-4962

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

MissShell in Los Angeles, California

91 months ago

thundrrd in Sacramento, California said: How would the host know why they didn't hire you. Also, you shouldn't give out your phone number unsolicited as anyone (myself included) can take your number and harass you...not smart. Also, there are any number of reason's someone doesn't decide to hire you. Be glad that you are currently working. I haven't had a job for over five months and I have over 15 years of experience as a computer tech. I've also applied to Sutter and I didn't even get an interview...yet. Doesn't mean there is anything wrong with me (although there might be), but there are a lot of people that apply to these jobs and they only have so many openings.

Just a thought here but this hospital is being reorganized according to the news. When any business is on the verge of something like that they often need help but really are afraid to be training through such an extensive and intensive process. This may have been in limbo for some time placing HR in limbo as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah James in Newark, California

90 months ago

MissShell in Los Angeles, California said: Just a thought here but this hospital is being reorganized according to the news. When any business is on the verge of something like that they often need help but really are afraid to be training through such an extensive and intensive process. This may have been in limbo for some time placing HR in limbo as well.

________________________________________________________________

I'm going in for my 2nd interview for the corporate legal department. From what I've read on their website, they seem to be in good financial health and it seems like it would be a good place to be employed. Good salary and great benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

van in Huntington, Vermont

89 months ago

if anyone applies and gets an interview, DONT EXPECT TO HEAR ANY FOLLOW UP FROM THIS HOSPITAL!!
after spending three days out there and a full day of interviewing I didnt even get a letter or call to tell me one way or the other.
After sending emails to find out my status, they did not bother to reply.
REAL PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah James in Alameda, California

89 months ago

Well, I didn't get the job at Sutter Health, although I did hear back (positive feedback) from the interviewers. They do take awhile with their interview process.

I found another job so I'm happy about that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

lc

88 months ago

Deborah James in Alameda, California said: Well, I didn't get the job at Sutter Health, although I did hear back (positive feedback) from the interviewers. They do take awhile with their interview process.

I found another job so I'm happy about that!

I applied a few days ago. I even took time to fill out their online application form which took me about 20 minutes. I got an email that they got my appliation and will let me know in 2 to 3 weeks if I am a candidate for the job. I'm kinda curious because they have so many job opening and they just kept re-posting it every week. I wish they can just tell me if I qualify for the job or not, instead of saying will call you in 3 weeks or less.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sherwin in San Francisco, California

86 months ago

lc said: I applied a few days ago. I even took time to fill out their online application form which took me about 20 minutes. I got an email that they got my appliation and will let me know in 2 to 3 weeks if I am a candidate for the job. I'm kinda curious because they have so many job opening and they just kept re-posting it every week. I wish they can just tell me if I qualify for the job or not, instead of saying will call you in 3 weeks or less.

I applied for a tech support position at their nursing school in Oakland, Ca. I was sent an email message that they filled it. A week later, the ad went out again for two more tech support positions. So what happened to all those who applied to the first opening?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah James in Belvedere Tiburon, California

86 months ago

Sherwin in San Francisco, California said: I applied for a tech support position at their nursing school in Oakland, Ca. I was sent an email message that they filled it. A week later, the ad went out again for two more tech support positions. So what happened to all those who applied to the first opening?

______________________________________________________________

I think you can just re apply. I thought that nursing school was part of Merritt Hospital. I know Alta Bates becames one of Summitt's subsidiaries but I didn't know that Merritt Hospital and the nursing school had as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ms. D in Castro Valley, California

29 months ago

Sherwin in San Francisco, California said: I applied for a tech support position at their nursing school in Oakland, Ca. I was sent an email message that they filled it. A week later, the ad went out again for two more tech support positions. So what happened to all those who applied to the first opening?

Sherwin, you are 100% correct re: what you have to say about applying for Sutter Health jobs. My daughter and I have been applying for jobs for over a year, and we either get email messages stating we're not qualified or that the position has been filled, each and every time we apply for anything, even if it's for entry-level positions. I'm not trying to be a nurse, but I do have over 30 years clerical experience and my daughter has a BS degree in communications and marketing. We can only believe that Sutter Health expects anyone whom works with them to have a Medical Terminology knowledge, but that's not always true, because I have a niece whom has worked for their corporate headquarters for several years, that got her job without having any medical training. So either they're playing games or they already have candidates lined up whom are looking for promotions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated in San Mateo, California

8 months ago

I feel your pain. I have applied for 76 openings. Had one interview and passed the Medical Assisting Qualification Exam. Then zip. Zero. Nada. Just those responses that the positon is no longer open. I guess you just keep trying. One employee who works there told me to try Kaiser; that was interesting.....Problem is I really like Sutter as a patient and the employees are very nice there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.