Swift Transportation News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Swift Transportation stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

TED KADING in Tucson, Arizona

88 months ago

I WORKED THERE FOR THREE OF THE LONGEST YEARS OF MY LIFE-THEY SURVIVE BY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE DRIVER-JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER TRUCKING COMPANY DOES-THEY TELL YOU WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR WHEN THEY HIRE YOU-AFTER THAT, YOUR ON YOUR OWN-IF YOU CAN STAND IT? THEY WILL SURVIVE AS LONG AS THEY KEEP HIRING ALL NEW HIRES,AND RUN ALL THE CHEAP FREIGHT,REMBER THIS, YOU ARE ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR WORST EMPLOYEE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

DanBowles in St. Louis, Missouri

88 months ago

i work Swift Transportation, is a great company to work for. before i applied i did some research and found that all trucking companies have had drivers that did not like their job. i found that Swift trucking is actually one of the best ones to drive for, they have great benefits and have plenty of work to keep me driving OTR. they haul for walmart, lowe's target, rite-aid, dollar tree, and even fed-ex, and that's just to name a few. Swift also has a great benefits package for all truck drivers that include medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and a payscale that is better than any other trucking company out there.

if you dont have your class a cdl, you can get it through their truck driving school at the swift academy. if you already have your class a license, you can go to the orientation and start driving for a great company! here is where i applied and got hired: swift.drivers-central.com/

There are alot of good companies to drive for, swift, schnieder, cr england, jb hunt, but i think that swift is the best. they get a bad rap from truck drivers aren't happy no matter where they drive. attitude is what makes the difference for liking or hating any job - i love mine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

X Swift Employee in Whittier, California

87 months ago

I worked for Swift for about 3-4 years. Swift has a great concept however its not the company, its the crazy people and drivers that they hire. Swift has the equipment and potential to be a better paying, and operating company. I got out before I was ousted out. It just so happened that one of the fleet managers had it out for me. I worked days and nights and I even monitored my drivers from home. Swift should give more to their drivers with experience as well as their driver managers. This is not including all of the affairs and nepetism going on. Again the company has the potential to be a good company but as always you get a cancer in the company and it spreads which spoils a company. Its definetly a good place to get your training but once that is done.....get out. When I first came on board, I thought it was the greatest company and I was looking at possible retirement. Boy did I change my mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Sasha in Cuddebackville, New York

87 months ago

I'm a hardworking young lady from upstate new york. I've been speaking with a recruiter who told me that swift is the biggest and the best - and has offered me training and a position there.
he made it sound great. But there are an overwhelming amount of complaints about swift on the internet. complaints ranging from with held pay, poor medical coverage, lay offs after training tuition is paid, and overall sleaziness. Has anyone had a good experience with swift? especially women? or anyone who went through CDL training at the nashville swift academy?
I'm really excited about trucking, and swift offers what sounds like an easy transition from training to work... but the last thing I want to do is waste a lot of time and money getting under the thumb of a company with no regaurd for the saftey or integrity of it's workers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

johnnie slay in Denham Springs, Louisiana

81 months ago

Swift does not care about its drivers no respect what so ever. They always gave safety bonus out in December, two years ago we received nothing. To make it worse, nothing was ever told to drivers. Now, they are holding your vacation pay. Every year on your anniversary date you are paid for your vacation time. I am contacting the state labor board. I have been a loyal employee for 5 years. I have never missed a load, a day of work, or mistreated any of their equipment. I expected to be treated in the same way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Tom Moss in Mission, Kansas

80 months ago

What is going on with Swift? I went to training in Milington, TN have had 3 mentors now setting at home. Have talked to several trainees and they are all pulled off the road. We are going broke!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tenorman146 in Grand Rapids, Michigan

80 months ago

I started with Swift Transportation Academy about 2 months ago. I finished my academy training after weeks of not knowing what was going on. Just after my 3 weeks in Tenn, the academy there was raided by the FBI and many other government services. I was sent home after orientation without my CDL-A to wait and be sent somewhere else to finish my training and get my CDL-A. It took about two weeks and I had my CDL from Louisiana. Besides this point, I am now sitting at home waiting for my second mentor. I was pulled off my first mentors truck (4/15/08) for safety reasons. I think swift is pushing me around. I was called by a mentor Driver Manager and told I had a mentor (4/24/08) and I would hear from him within the next few days as to when and where to be ready for him. It is now 4/28/08 and I have not heard from him or Swift. I called this morning to be told "You have to wait for him or someone else to contact you". This is just ridiculous. Anyone else out there in the middle of their training and just sitting around at home waiting for either their first, second, third, or more mentor?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Yes, I went through 3 mentors setting and waiting, had to get another job to pay bills. But I did get invoice for the schooling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Tenorman146 in Grand Rapids, Michigan

80 months ago

Tom Moss in Mission, Kansas said: Yes, I went through 3 mentors setting and waiting, had to get another job to pay bills. But I did get invoice for the schooling.

Are u currently working for swift or someone else? When did you go through the school and finish your training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

Working for someone else. They never called with another mentor or retrun my calls.....had about 2 wks left on training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Beaverton, Oregon

50 months ago

Sasha

Did you enad up getting on with Swift/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Pontiac, Michigan

47 months ago

Tom Moss in Mission, Kansas said: What is going on with Swift? I went to training in Milington, TN have had 3 mentors now setting at home. Have talked to several trainees and they are all pulled off the road. We are going broke!!!!!

I have had 4 Mentors as of now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lschultz in Grandville, Michigan

4 months ago

If any truck drivers are looking for a job in the Nashville, TN area... please call Eight six five five six zero eight eight zero zero for more details. We have a few jobs available to start ASAP! Must have two years of class A driving experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

maral eitzen in Watertown, South Dakota

4 months ago

MTE Transportation has immediate openings for owner-operators with tractor and 53' dry vans and 53' reefers.

Must have clean class A cdl, and roadworty truck and trailer. Reefer must be well maintained and have solid floors. Dry vans must have swing doors be clean

We Offer:
80% of gross revenue, average 2.550-3.30 on miles over 400, and as high as 50.00 a mile on short hauls.

250.00 safety bonus for clean level 1 inspections

Plate program

Company pays cargo, liability, collision up to 35K,and bobtail insurance.

Company pays IFTA

Weekly settlements

Guranteed holidays home, haven't missed in 18 years.

5-6K per week in revenue, every week.

If you are ready to join the best in the business, call Maral today 605 two thre seven 6188, and be rolling in 4 hours!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.