SYMANTEC SCAMS CONSUMERS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Symantec in Rapid City, South Dakota

81 months ago

Stay Away From Symantec:

I won't argue with you about their products; always have done a decent job. However their company policies and business practices are right out of SCAM City!

Online purchases automatically enroll you in an "Auto-Renewal" program. You are apparently informed about this (as has been pointed out to me now) but it is in the small 'legal' print at the bottom of a long email. This "fine print" gives Symantec the rights to access your bank/credit card accounts and withdraw fees at their will!! STAY AWAY FROM THESE PRODUCTS!

Once they have your money; good luck getting it back! I had to argue and argue til my wits were at an end with people that couldn't speak 10 words of english. I finally did get the funds back; however the withdrawl that I was not informed about caused a bank account to overdraft. Sure, it's only $28, but when your on a tight budget living paycheck to paycheck $28 is quite a bit. Symantec flatly refuses to do anything about the overdraft fees; their response is that they are not responsible for 3rd party charges; regardless if their withdrawal caused the overdraft or not. This reaks of SCAM to me!

I have never been treated so unfairly; uncompassionally; or rudely by any company.... ever!

I will never again own, use, recommend, or EVER purchase software from Symantec again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.