Previous employed with T-Mobile

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 60 of 60)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

lip in North Charleston, South Carolina

20 months ago

Seraph23 in Goose Creek, South Carolina said: Everyone has their opinions... I have had great success at T-mo, and I bleed magenta every day. The metrics are SIMPLE to meet (I was over 100% to goal my first week out of training and received a PRODUCTION bonus the same month NOT A PHASED BONUS) Being able to hear a customer explain their situation, show concern for the problem, give reassurance of help, maintain composure for really negative customers, fix the problem, visually audit the account , offer (You do NOT have to make a sale... RELEVANT OFFERING IS THE ONLY REQUIREMENT), clearing up any final questions, educating customer about what to expect once the resolution is in place, and notating the account in 5 minutes.... EASY!!!! I work 10 production hours a day on the phone and take between 90-110 calls per day. Its repetition. After a while, you've heard every problem there is, and you can have the solution ready and waiting before the customer ever finishes talking, not to mention notate what you're going to do while they are talking because second nature... Hell, I even spend time on my phone because the customer is still explaining the situation (and we are not allowed to cut-off the customer when they are speaking) because I've already solved the problem, decided what to offer them, and just wait for them to finish. WORST case scenario: Customer wants to cancel. Ask why. Try to change their mind. Overcome ONE hesitation. Transfer to loyalty. Easiest Step-by-Step job in the world. Not to mention, we are given the freedom to decide if the customer deserves credits to their account, we don't need to ask permission. I work for the Charleston Call Center : Continuously ranked #1 site in the Eastern Region...

i am currently waiting for the decision on my hiring and there are two classes one on 10/28 and 11/04 how long does tmobile wait to give you an answer or call back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LilithV in Summerville, South Carolina

14 months ago

Seraph23 - Clearly I need to get to know you, lol. I have my last interview today and I hope I get the job. I would be working at the Charleston Call Center if I get it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SOME GUY in Hoboken, New Jersey

13 months ago

lip in North Charleston, South Carolina said: i am currently waiting for the decision on my hiring and there are two classes one on 10/28 and 11/04 how long does tmobile wait to give you an answer or call back

Do not believe a word that person says, I am a rep, a rep who makes more than almost every coach in area. At the call center, they make you pitch some nonsense that some crazy ass customer does not want, on every call failure to do so will result in some sort of documentation. The customers are low spectrum and always want bill credits because the service is horrible and/or they cannot afford to pay it. They also micromanage the micromanagement, they have perfected the art of not allowing employees any downtime. Try to work for a different provider, also they figure out a way to change the commission or metrics every year, usually resulting in more selling/upselling for less.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

I understand that its probably not the most ideal position and I understand the making an offer on every call that comes through. I've come to the conclusion that I would be okay with that. You have to understand, after basically not finding a decent paying job for 2 years after graduating college this is pretty much a godsend. I'd rather just do this for now, build up the customer service experience and get a job elsewhere. I've have friends who work there who while they enjoy the job will admit its hard work. I'd rather have a decent paying job with benefits than one with sh*t pay and none. I can tough it out, lol.

13 months ago

Seraph23, pending a background check I have the job as a Rep, I would love to connect with you since I would be working at the Charleston Call Center!

former mobile employee in Spring Hill, Florida

12 months ago

This place blows to work for ever shrinking commission ever increasing sales metrics. Don't push data on a customer you get written up. Don't get the optional insurance that we are trained mind you TRAINED to tell them it isn't optional or they have to take it before they leave the store. You get written up. Don't get small business acts every month you will get written up (we were told on our days off to go to local businesses to drum up sales) don't sell at least 2/3k accessories every month (which T-Mobile has the highest priced accessories out of any carrier I've seen so far) you will get written up if your not part of the clique in the store you manager will find a way to get you fired be through false customer complaints, fudging numbers etc. You WILL be let go what will happen is you will be sat down in a room and told you ethier sign this paper, in which case you will loose your good standing with the company ( which means you will loose your commission, the ability to enter contest and win contest 401k benefits etc. For three months in which if you don't hit every metric even if your off by one percent your fired on the spot. You agree that your employment is at will which means if the manger doesn't like the colour of your socks he/she can fire you for it. You are given the paper mid month so there is no possible way to meet these metrics. By the end of month as they inflate you quota. You are told your better off quitting so you can apply to tmobile in the future you are sat down by your manager and hr who basically forces you to sign a letter of resignation when you go to apply for unemployment as happened in my case tmobile will lie and say they never said it was either quit or get fired and you were never on probation and they have no idea why you quit. When you go to ask for the paper work hr and the manager will lie to you and tell you everything you clearly remember signing doesn't exist. T-Mobile's turn over rate is something like 68% that is beca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

former T-Mobile employee in Spring Hill, Florida

12 months ago

That is because you are also advised by management to do un ethical things to keep your job but if you get caught management will throw you under the bus to cover themselves and if you refuse to do unethical things or refuse to slam people with things they don't want or need you will be on a fast track to get fired. My advice as an employee of almost a year who was grossly miss treated by this company and who put up with back stabbing co workers who are no better then sharks to a drop of blood in water is to run hard runs fast and never look back refusing a position at this company is the best thing you can ever do for yourself look to one of the other carriers instead quitting was the best choice I ever made

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tibbi in Clemson, South Carolina

12 months ago

Do you get full time hours at T-Mobile?

seraph23 in Goose Creek, South Carolina

12 months ago

Yes you get full time 40+ hours per week. I was recently promoted to the Resource Planning department and we offer overtime every day of the week (@ 1.5x pay). Lilith come by RP on the second floor if you need any help with anything once you're here.

Spouse of a former employee in Charleston, South Carolina

11 months ago

I can't believe there are so few negative comments about T-Mobile. This place stressed my spouse out every day all the sales and the constant changes. Every quarter he would be set to make his bonus then they would change the requirements. You DO NOT get 40 hours... They send people home every day for not enough incoming calls. Then they take it out of your PTO. What does that mean: You can NEVER take a day off because you never have enough hours built up. Then if you try to take a day off unpaid, you are not allowed. Even after dealing with all this, in November 2013 about 200 people were terminated. My husband stood in a line and watched people come out of HR crying. Finally he was died unemployment, because T-Mobile reported he quit. So far unemployment has accepted this. I do not know how this is legal,and I can't figure out how no one has reported this. DO NOT work at T-Mobile!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.