T-Mobile News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does T-Mobile stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Timothy in Houston, Texas

88 months ago

I think the company is in bad shape. They hired a stupid leader her name is <name removed>, and she is on rampage to change the entire company with lay offs and run her way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Cardinal in Vina, California

87 months ago

Timothy in Houston, Texas said: I think the company is in bad shape. They hired a stupid leader her name is <name removed>, and she is on rampage to change the entire company with lay offs and run her way.

Tim I know it is easy to be scared of change but BI is making strong powerful changes to improve the overall retail experience. There arent any "lay-offs" if anything they are looking to make retail a effeciant machine so they can bring amazing new producs and services to the public...check out one of the new concept stores and you will see what I mean...ground breaking!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Timothy in Houston, Texas

85 months ago

Cardinal ,
The concept stores arent performing well, and she is taking company down the hill.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Librarian777 in St. Louis, Missouri

85 months ago

It's true, the concept stores are no more productive than traditional stores. She dislikes wireless. Ever seen one of her presentations? Disconnected and disjointed just as she is with the vast majority of people in the field. She is in WAY over her head.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jordan_Smith in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

<name removed> recieved a demotion.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jordan_Smith in Houston, Texas

81 months ago

Bonita <name removed>, the most poor , underperforming leader in the company history. Cardinal , why u think she is a strong leader .. She wanted to make T Mobile like willams sonoma, or her traditional retail .... She is now demoted to an irrelevant position but she has already done the damage to the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jimmy l in Hermosa Beach, California

79 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does T-Mobile stack up against the competition?

as of yesterday t-mobile office in the bay area laid off two DM's and six ADR's

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

warhamer in Gilbert, Arizona

69 months ago

they shutdown the sandeigo division last month, are planing to outsource the IT dept, exist on almost %80 contrated employees,sold of an entire retail market, waste money on things any normal business man would bebe shocked at,and have very outdate technology. This is not a good business structer and is going to fail. Want to know how it's survived so far.... 2 words "deutsch telekom" thier parent company has dumped and will continue to dump billions into this failing venture. they wont give up thier only foothold on US soil.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

T-Mobile Employee in Meridian, Idaho

68 months ago

In looking at all the posts from warhamer in Gilbert, Arizona I am sensing disgruntled former employee. T-Mobile is a great place to work with excellent compensation and benefits. Is it for everyone? No, absolutely not...customer service requires a very specific ability...the ability to let it go and move onto the next call within moments with a fresh perspective. We expect our employess to perform within in the very well communicated guidelines. Yes, they change but only to meet the needs of the business and to match the customer's requests.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

warhamer in Gilbert, Arizona

68 months ago

Acutaly I've been with the company for over six years and have been a manager almost as long. I've seen first hand the end fighting and corruption within the managment structure here and in the califronia market. I spend so much of my time trying not to get stabbed in the back that sometime I get little to no work done. T-mobile was (not to long ago) the best place I've ever worked. But something has changed drasticly in upper managment, thiers way to much micro managment now. How can you justify the CIO spending 10 grand to have dish network put in his office so he can watch tv at work and over seas, you have the CEO and is "support staff" buzzing around the country spending hundreds of thousands to spend 10 minutes looking at a store and 15 in the regional office (surrounded by more minions than the president), and say "We have to run this company lean to stay competitive". Thats crap! You need to stop firing our support staff when they prove you wrong, You need to cut the bonus and pay rate of your 200,000 Senior leadership. I stayed in the phoenix market because it's the least hazardous to my job. The problem now is that no one here is happy and none of our system work very well anymore. I haven't been forced to let anyone go yet but my counterparts here have so I count myself as one of the very very lucky few.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

HireJD in Kirkland, Washington

68 months ago

It seems like political posturing is still alive and well in Corporate America. The description you gave reminds me of every company I've worked for over the last decade. "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" was the 'lesson of history' they taught us in high school... and unfortunately, it seems true.

BUT, given the economic state of the country, including the job losses on the news every day... and given the fact I've been out of work and LOOKING HARD for over 9 months now... and given the fact that my partner is a postal carrier who's hours are being reduced... and finally, given the fact that our utilities and bills just keep going UP while our income goes DOWN and we're starting to fall multiple months behind... I decided to take the plunge and just accepted a job with T-Mobile yesterday.

I'm waiting for the offer letter, but it's a done deal and at a decent salary. For the first time in 15 years, I'll have insurance. With the increase in income (over the small unemployment check I currently get), we'll actually be able to keep the house a little warmer. Last week, a glass of water in our rec room had a layer of ice on it. I'll be able to pay down the credit card I've maxed staying afloat for the last 9 months. We were just around the corner from the poor-house, so this job offer was a Godsend.

I realize there will be corporate BS, but given how much better my having a job will make our life, I'm willing to put up with it. I can hope the group I'm going into is one of the better ones... but I guess I'll soon see.

Could you answer one question for me though? (I noticed you recently posted and are still working for them, so I'm hoping you'll be able to respond)... I'm trying to figure out when to expect my first check (and what days it will cover).

What is T-Mobile's pay schedule? I know it's bi-weekly, but take this month, JAN 09, for example -- When do the pay periods end, and when do you get each check? Thanks for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Guywithaquestion in Hartford, Connecticut

68 months ago

Hey does anyone know why T-Mobile changed how they score the VOC by removing the scoring on the "How likely would you be to recommend T-Mobile" question?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Algonquin in Denver, Colorado

56 months ago

Got it from the Head of IT in Denver. 1/3 of workforce laid off in Denver and possible shut down of the most successful call center in America. What a shame. And sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.