T-Mobile Rip Off

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

wayne in Sacramento, California

88 months ago

T-mobile will train the sale reps. how to lie--so they lie away to get your business objectives achieved. They don't care what you feel but confuse you all they can to make a sale.
Check for your text messages as well, T-mobile send you some text messages but charge you for reading them. When you call them up, they will say those messages sent from T-mobile are free but they are not. Most of us don't care 1 or 2 text messages for 20 cents but T-mobile did that to million of customers, image how much they make for that??? Big buck $$$!!!
T-Mobile, the RIP OFF--will scare off customers to other services soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Pinellas Park, Florida

87 months ago

I've been a T-mobile customer for over 5 yrs and had nothing but great service.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

Ckinning in San Antonio, Texas

86 months ago

Jackie in Pinellas Park, Florida said: I've been a T-mobile customer for over 5 yrs and had nothing but great service.

I agree with you. T-Mobile has been great to me and my wife. Their customer service has always been helpful, but one of the main reason's i believe in them so strongly is that their parent company is Deutsche Telekom, one of the largest phone companies in the world.

This is not an ad for them, but reading the following below gives me great confidence in knowing they are not some fly-by-night cell phone company.

Ownership: T-Mobile USA is the US operating entity of T-Mobile International AG & Co., the mobile communications subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom AG & Co. K.G. (NYSE: DT). Deutsche Telekom is one of the largest telecommunications companies in the world, with more than 80 million customers worldwide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Grammarian in Mobile, Alabama

86 months ago

If Frank in Dallas is a typical customer service rep with T-Mobile, I will be taking my business elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Available For Work Now in Orlando, Florida

86 months ago

I Agree. I have been a cell phone customer for over 16 years. For twelve years, I have had service with AT&T, Bell South, and Sprint. All three of these carriers are guilty of overcharging and very poor customer service. I have had one or two issues with T-Mobile; but very small in comparison. When I did have a problem; I was able to get reasonable customer service. I will say T-MOBILE service seems to have declined over the past 2 years..not as eager to please the customer.

I will agree with the issue about text charging for unwarranted texts should not be the burden of the consumer. I ONLY use my phone for voice calls and find it annoying to get text advertisements on my phone. Further, to add insult to injury to have T-Mobile charge me for those texts. And this is where I have had to call Customer Service. After bickering with them about being charged for text messages and explaining that I only use my cell phone for voice call; they agreed to a one time credit to my account. WE NEED LEGISLATION SIMILAR TO WHAT IS IN PLACE FOR TELE-MARKETERS WHOM CALL INDIVIDUALS ON THE " NO CALL LIST". THIS WAY WE CAN PENALIZE THE SENDER OF THE UNSOLICITED ADVERTISEMENTS. I do not see anyone taking legal re-course because the problem is too new. The other remedy can be solved through technology of the cell phone companies like T-Mobile. Simialr to the way that cell phone owners can request to not have e-mails sent to their phones; this technology can be programmed to block texts. But I am certain those c-level exec's are focused on shareholder value and profits. What it would cost to implement such a feature to keep current customers happy versus lost revenues from those unwarranted text messages. Afterall, they figure that 99% of the consumers are so busy on their treadmill of life to bother to call their customer service and complian about these additional $5.00 and $10.00 charges a month that you the consumer are stuck with.... SO ARE THEIR ANY ATTORNEYS OUT THERE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ginna in Colorado Springs, Colorado

86 months ago

Don't work for T-Mobile. All they care about is money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Waco, Texas

86 months ago

I have been a T-Mobile customer for 4 years and Alltel 1 year. T-Mobile has excellent customer service. I am happy with them. I am no longer with Alltel because I terminated my contract early & I paid the early disconnect fee of $200. One month later, I received a bill in the mail for $100. I called Alltel & a rude rep told me that I was billed for that amount (even when I didn't use the service one bit) because I didn't call a rep to confirm that I had terminated my contract. So, I confirmed it & one month later I received another bill this time for $300. They were charging me twice for a disconnection fee! So, this is why I am sticking with T-Mobile.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Connell in San Francisco, California

86 months ago

Sprint's done nothing but great by me....... that and 3G is teh bomb! Otherwise I'd be stuck with the EDGE network....... BLAH!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Sleepy in Birmingham, Alabama

86 months ago

Witnessed the double talk and confusion when they were selling a 70 year old woman. They sold her something she essentially could not use.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Angie in Vina, California

86 months ago

Make sure you are making your decisions based on actual retail locations not product resalers...they are free to sell in any fashion they want. my experience in tmobile retail locations has been nothing but awesome. i also think people should take responcibility for thier purchases too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Haja in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

T-MOBILE IS A RIP-OFF!!!!! I had been with T MOBILE for 6 years and after, catching them in a lie about charges to my bill---they had to refund over a $100 in cash. Also, one of the mall sales booths Coherced me into signing up for another line, which they claimed would be included with my current service and it was---but it also meant, that I was sharing miuntes between lines and I had another $200 cancellation contract because of the other line. I basically have a $500+ bill right now, but I have terminated my service and don't plan on paying it, until Im forwarded to a collection agency. BEWARE---it's ridicoulous to have to keep up with miunte usage. TOO MANY more legitimate comapanies. Go with METRO PCS!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Photochick in Digital Lab, Washington

85 months ago

I have been a customer of T-Mobile for 8+ years now. Sure they have a problem here and there - but in the big picture, they have provided quick resolution to disputes and quality customer service. I haven't seen any other cell phone companies (that haven't been bought out from another company) that offers the same or better service.

I am not sure why the original poster is venting about a cell phone "service" on here. ??? I thought this was a site for jobs.

*shrugs*

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

T-Mobile employee 8 yrs

85 months ago

wayne in Sacramento, California said: T-mobile will train the sale reps. how to lie--so they lie away to get your business objectives achieved. They don't care what you feel but confuse you all they can to make a sale.
Check for your text messages as well, T-mobile send you some text messages but charge you for reading them. When you call them up, they will say those messages sent from T-mobile are free but they are not. Most of us don't care 1 or 2 text messages for 20 cents but T-mobile did that to million of customers, image how much they make for that??? Big buck $$$!!!
T-Mobile, the RIP OFF--will scare off customers to other services soon.[/QUOT

I have worked for this company even prior to being T-Mobile and everything you said is the EXACT OPPOSITE!!! I have come across many different people in my time but you are completely blind to what you are saying. T-Mobile always will fix a problem if it is legitimate with anything that we can. Apparently you are upset over something more but it isn't with what you are saying. You must have just had a bad experience with your sales representative or did you get your service NOT from a direct (corporate) location?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

T-Mobile employee 8 yrs

85 months ago

I must say that you must be ill informed because if you are receiving messages from the same party(ies) over and over again you can block them. Just log into your account and under communications on the right-hand side of th screen you can create a spam filter and that will take care of your concerns. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

TJ in Pleasanton, California

84 months ago

My Son worked for one of the T-Mobile distributors in Modesto, and this place was horrible. He never saw a true check for the sales quota that he made, they ripped him off for the first 3 days that he worked, they ask you to lie to the customers to get them to spend more money, and use fraudulent practices when a customer wanted to return their service within the first 30 days. They would tell them they couldn't, when in fact they could. This distributor has more than a couple class action suits going on against them at this time. About to have another one for racism. They fired all the Hispanics in one day and kept all the caucasians. They will accuse their employees of stealing products and take money from their checks w/out being found guilty of anything. BE WARE......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Candy Apple in Chaska, Minnesota

84 months ago

I'm currently in a battle with TMobile. I updated my account online to unlimited texts. I was using texts more often for work AND to stay in contact with my friends.

I got my bill last month and was charged over $200 extra for texts. I called and was told they had no record of my updating my account and that I'd have to pay it.

I do all my banking, shopping, updating EVERYTHING online. I have updated my TMobile account online before with no problems. I saw the confirmation message on my screen saying I was switching to unlimited texts and thought that was the end.

They REFUSE to rectify the situation. I'm not sure what avenues I can follow to get this situation cleared up. I'm not a big fan of handing $200 over to a company for ripping me off.

Their customer service is ridiculous. I've been a customer for 2 years with no problems. No this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Hi There:

Sometimes it takes several calls into customer service to get an agent to work with you on such an issue. I have found that the customer service team can be your advocate as long as you tell your whole story in detail on dates, times etc... and in a very calm voice. They will issue an incidental forgiveness credit... well... they have for me in similiar situations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Hi There:

Sometimes it takes several calls into customer service to get an agent to work with you on such an issue. I have found that the customer service team can be your advocate as long as you tell your whole story in detail on dates, times etc... and in a very calm voice. They will issue an incidental forgiveness credit... well... they have for me in similiar situations. Best of Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

I have called. I have emailed. I keep getting the same response "If you make a change to your account online a note is automatically entered in your account. Sorry we have no record of that"
I informed them that when I moved I had to update my address twice and after updating my phone when I bought a new one 5 or 6 times at tmobile.com I finally gave up. They still have me down as having the wrong phone.

I told them the exact date I signed up for it and all I keep getting is "we have no record of that" They want to rip me off for the $250 early contract termination fee, I'm sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

The only suggestion I can offer is to use the telephone customer service and start with the first line customer service rep. I after sharing your story ..you are not able to get a reasonable resolution; them ask to escalate to their supervisor. Explain your situation and the outcome you are requesting. If you can not get a reasonable resolution; then ask to move to the next level of support.... If you still can not get the resolution you are seeking. Hang Up and start over. This method has worked for me in the past.... All The Best

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy Quon in Berkeley, California

83 months ago

Dear Orlando,

We are investigating these issues. We would like to speak with you about them. Please email me at nancyq@hbsslaw.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Nancy, were you referring to me? Do you work for TMobile?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy Quon in Berkeley, California

83 months ago

Candy,

No I do not work for T-Mobile. Yes, we would like to investigate these issues, so if you would like to discuss your issues, please contact me privately. Thanks.

Nancy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

With regards to my comment regarding the text message charge issue; my concern is not necesarily with T- Mobile...all wireless provides currently practice charing the receiver a fee even if the text is by a marketer and unwanted. But I have good news for Floridians.... At the state level, a mandate is in place about tennager texting. Wireless providers have responded by offering parental controls ...meaning the parent can set up the telephone to block the ability to send and to receive text messages. Why is this important? Because anyone in Florida can request to have this parental feature on their phone ending the problem with unwanted text messages! I beleive there are other states that are mandating more control with texting especially teenagers that learning to drive for the first time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jewely1781 in Dallas, Texas

79 months ago

This is for those that are tired of getting stuck with charges that don't belong to them. I noticed my T-Mobile bill going up in price each month, so today, being tired of paying more than what I signed on for, I started to do some research on our bills. Apparently T-Mobile raised the price of our text messaging WITHOUT informing us. We have kept every single piece of paper T-Mobile has sent to us over the last two years...we use one of the phones for business so we had to keep any and all documentation for expense reports and taxes. We never received any "insert". On top of this, for the last year of our service, we have had dropped calls, static on the lines, no service, etc. We have called many times to get the technical problems resolved-even went as far as purchasing new phones (at full cost) for both lines and replacing sim cards-and still-the service is below par. As far as the texting goes-I did my research and then looked at our plan online...I signed in, clicked on "Plans", went to the bottom of the window and clicked on "See Other Included Services", went to the bottom of the next screen and clicked on "More Information About Services", On the next page...First paragraph under the heading "ALL PLANS" If you read the first couple of lines-you will see that T-Mobile themselves say that text messages are only supposed to be 5 cents a text. This is for ALL PLANS-Not just for mine. Yet they are charging everyone more! As far as I am concerned-this is deplorable-and earns them MILLIONS of dollars a month!!!!! A month-not a year or more. Think on it-every one of their customers is paying more than what they say they actually are charging. I called T-mobile and explained that we were very unhappy with the service and now we find out that our Text cost went up. I spoke to a lady and explained what I found on their website and started to ask why they were charging me more than they themselves state the charge is supposed to be. And here I have been

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TMOEMPO

78 months ago

You can not do this for text messages... The only option you have is to change your mobile number. The spam filter is for email and that is strictly it. Please do not advise people to use this as a way to block unwanted text messages... This option WILL NOT work and will just cause customers even more anger about the issue. If you are receiving unwanted, harassing text messages contact the sender and request that they stop or you will report them to you local authorities. If they continue contact your local authorities and contact T-Mobile to have your mobile number changed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jewels91232 in Oregon

74 months ago

I am a customer service rep with T-Mobile, and am happy to say that the company has finally figured out how to block incoming and outgoing text messages! It will be available sometime next month. Call and set it up to avoid unnecessary charges. Oh, and you get charged for the message coming INTO your phone...not for opening it. You can receive 500 text messages and not open a single one, but are still charged! And T-Mobile ALWAYS notifies by mail or phone about any rate changes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

It's not sour grapes. No company should be able to rip you off in ANY way repeatedly and get away with it. I've had serious problems with them and needed to speak to their customer service and both times they were either complete morons or were trained to lie to me and act stupid.
The first time they sent me my phone but I wasn't home to pick it up so it got returned - they only require one delivery attempt. I called them to have the phone resent but they told me they were charging me a $250 early contract termination fee. I told them there was no contract because I never activated my imaginary phone! We went back and forth for WEEKS. I had the tracking number and looked online and it clearly stated it had been returned. They just kept sending me notices about having to pay an early contract termination fee.

Finally a bill collector called me on it and I yelled "I DON'T OWE THEM *&^%!!!" and they sent the claim back to T Mobile and after another 2 months they resolved it. WHY I still chose to use them after all that I don't know but damn am I regretting it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Atul_2009 in Bear, Delaware

63 months ago

Hi,

I am going through similar frustrating experience with T-mobile.

I took wi-fi enabled phones and t-mobile at home. I have been told that call type U calls (Hot-spot calling) is free. Nobody clearly told me about the fact that I need to add any service to make it free. We went over n over again every month with customer care reps but there answers were pretty confusing, each time they had different explanation for my overages. But nobody explained me about hot-spot calling is different feature which needs to be added.
If that was the case, I would added long time back.

But now they are saying that all charges are legitimate as they have it written somewhere that it was told and I have denied that feature to make the calls free. which was completely shock to me.

I feel very much cheated by T-mobile. It was their customer representatives fault to confuse me on giving different explanations and not telling exactly in clear words about this feature to be added on.

Please let me know if they are any ways to fight back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BW in New Milford, Connecticut

43 months ago

wayne in Sacramento, California said: T-mobile will train the sale reps. how to lie--so they lie away to get your business objectives achieved. They don't care what you feel but confuse you all they can to make a sale.
T-Mobile, the RIP OFF--will scare off customers to other services soon.

They also have your Bill date 2 days before your contract date so they can charge
you another month when you leave if you cancel on your billing date they will charge you a early termanation fee 200.00 per line

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sick of the pink T in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

42 months ago

As a customer I never had any issues. As a employee, TMOBILE SUCKS! Sounds immature, I know but that is just how I feel. BTW, they do not really charge you for the FREE Tmobile text and if you read your bill you will see who those texts are coming from. ALSO, whether you read them or not doesn't make any difference but I can promise you if they say TMOBILE they are free.

Otherwise, they are a terrible company to work for. Some which is starting to
show in customers. If you notice, you call now and they offer to sell you something. Employees are NOT happy and cheery as they may seem, they are super monitored, super controlled and there are bells ringing in their ears, literally telling them to sell sell sell...
DO NOT TAKE any free trials and if you do call to cancel! Otherwise you will be charged. IF you want a credit for calls, text, charges you didn't make don't expect it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MB in Kissimmee, Florida

41 months ago

Candy Apple in Chaska, Minnesota said: I'm currently in a battle with TMobile. I updated my account online to unlimited texts. I was using texts more often for work AND to stay in contact with my friends.

I got my bill last month and was charged over $200 extra for texts. I called and was told they had no record of my updating my account and that I'd have to pay it.

I do all my banking, shopping, updating EVERYTHING online. I have updated my TMobile account online before with no problems. I saw the confirmation message on my screen saying I was switching to unlimited texts and thought that was the end.

They REFUSE to rectify the situation. I'm not sure what avenues I can follow to get this situation cleared up. I'm not a big fan of handing $200 over to a company for ripping me off.

Their customer service is ridiculous. I've been a customer for 2 years with no problems. No this?

Candy Apple :::: First go to """ FTC.GOV """ and file acomplaint thats the agency suppose to moniter rules and regulations :::than go to your stae web site """ minnesota.gov """" find your congressman or senator email them too without telling either one of them that your are filling both places and let your senator etc let them know if it dont resolve to your satisfaction and fairly you will raise all the stink any where possible election time If I were you I would get every penny of mine back it may take some time thats why make sure to ask your state representative how long you should wait to call back ..make sure to get the name and # of state people helping you and always jut everything down ..best of best wishes good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.