constant recruiting

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Working_4_theman in Allentown, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

another local company constantly in recruiting mode....since they are not growing that fast, you have to wonder what their churn rate (people hired, people leaving) is, and if that is why they are constantly recruiting

if you read the classifieds regularly you will see the same positions advertised over and over....if they are such a great company why such turnover??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

89 months ago

This is just a guess. Let's say I am one of the underdogs in the cell phone business. I happen to know that in today's job market an ad for a job (almost any job) can generate about 100 resumes - complete with name address and phone number or e-mail address.

I send all those high tech folks who applied for a high tech job an advertisement for my cell phone service and possibly some will actually buy my products and service.

It is completely legal and there is no one who can prove there was no real job. Unethical, you bet. Profitable, absolutely.

If I am lucky, people may even start a discussion about it and mention my company's name on some public job board. Free advertising! :)

Have you gotten any ads from them lately?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Rick in Hermitage, Tennessee

89 months ago

The turnover is in the call centers and it's actually better than most. Good company...great benefits. I worked there 7 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vicki In Oregon in Colton, Oregon

89 months ago

In this case, T-Mobile just upgraded to the newest version of SAP Software less than a year ago. It is usual for a company to have contractors during the upgrade period and then need full time employees moving forward.

Since the SAP Skill set is a hot commodity, they probably lost a few employes through this whole process.

Call Centers are a different animal, and do have a high turnover just because of the nature of that work. ThE SAP positions are not part of the Call Center

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.