did i not get the job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

calihire in San Jose, California

18 months ago

i recently went to the first interview with the hr manager and after one day he called me and said that i have a second interview with another store manager. I went there and instead of having the 2nd interview w the store manager, i had mine with his assistant manager instead. The ass. manager told me that he will send a report to the hiring manager and it's been 4 days now and i haven't heard anything from the hiring manager that i originally applied to at all. Does this mean i have no chance with them? I am so anxious!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DampYankee in Bolivar, Tennessee

18 months ago

It doesn't necessarily mean that you don't have a chance to be hired in, especially if the assistant manager has a lot of autonomy in selections as far as job candidates. The delay might be caused by them interviewing other candidates, the need to review the candidates with the store manager (as a courtesy), or (hopefully not) they did make a decision and forgot to notify all of the applicants. If someone from HR has not let you know either way after about 7 days after the interview, call or follow up via email. I work in HR myself, and my take on it is this: if I'm doing my job correctly, I won't be bothered by you calling since it's reminding me to do my job--COMMUNICATE with you and let you know what is going on with the position and your application.

Good luck with the job, and I hope that you get it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

18 months ago

Why do they need an "assistant manager"? Who does all of the work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

calihire in San Jose, California

18 months ago

thank you for your reply! and it really does calm my nerves down:) thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.