Bad Experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (44)

Anonymous in Cary, North Carolina

90 months ago

I was approached by TEKSystems in Raleigh and completely neglected. I emailed several times but my "Senior" recruiter basically ignored me. Apparantly I wasn't important enough for them.
I would discourage anyone from using them as a recruiter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Irritated in Springfield, Missouri

90 months ago

TEKsystem Recruiters in St Louis are too busy trying to find potential employees for the ONE client to call back any of their recruits after the recruit has had an interview with TEK's only client (SAIC). It's apparent that I did not get the job! Just CALL me and tell me that I did not get it, better luck next time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bud in Durham, North Carolina

89 months ago

I had a similar expereince with TekSystems recruiters in the Baltimore area. They never call you back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Reeves in Clayton, North Carolina

89 months ago

My comment is as arecruiter would be to demand to talk to the account manager or office attendant, because as a TEK recruiter I want to make sure we provide you with all details if you get or do not get a job. If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to call the direct local Raleigh office at 919-816-1500 and ask for me. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

jobber in Charlotte, North Carolina

89 months ago

I worked for a company contracted by teksystems...great company..contract supposed to only last a few months but lasted a year and then they worked their butt off trying to get me a job where I am now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

new consultant in Charlotte, North Carolina

89 months ago

Same thing happened to me in Charlotte with their client SAIC, after the interview no communication at all, very very bad, they are not professional at all, but still they are in the business..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Truebeauty

89 months ago

I had the same experience. I was told they had a company that wanted to interview me and they sent my resume over. 3 months later they called with an interview time. I drove 1 hour and 15 mins away for the interview. The recruiter did not call me and follow up after the interview and I didnt get the job...I had to call them about 4 times the next day to even get a response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dean

89 months ago

I have had many phone screens and several face-to-face interviews. I have appleied to well over 20 positions with TEKSystems. I have yet to recieve nary a phone screen from them. Iis as if their recruiters are paid salary, no commision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Deb in Rochester, New York

89 months ago

I can't speak about TEK systems as a whole but the Rochester NY TEK systems office is awful...
I lost a chance at a job at JP Morgan in Texas because there were two recruiters at TEK systems fighting over who would submit my resume and get the commision.
I went with the decision to allow another company to submit my resume, but came to find out that TEK systems had submitted it without my permission and did a lousy job of it at that. There went the opportunity for even an interview right out the window.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Rochester in Churchville, New York

85 months ago

TEK Systems in Rochester, NY has done a great job of getting work for me. I've been on several interviews and very quickly knew where I stood. Also, they did a great job of preparing me for the interviews with some pointers for specific clients that were on target.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

JC in Kingsport, Tennessee

85 months ago

Sounds spot on bubba thing is these a$$clowns seem to be drumming up all sorts of positions from knoxville to the tri cities. Just a bunch of theives and liars imho.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ex-TEK in San Leandro, California

85 months ago

"Don't ever attempt to claim unemployment from these d******s. They will fight you tooth and nail. By LAW you are entitled to it, but their corporate drones are nothing but a Borg collective. I DESPISE 'TekSystems'. Their people are nothing but a bunch of used-car selling leaches. The only decent one I ever knew there got driven out because he wasn't a nasty, lying $***bag."

Wow Bubba, bitter? TEK DOES pay unemployment if you are entitled. However they can turn you down if they offer you a position and you decline it. They probably offered you something and you thought you were too good for it and turned it down (even though they were trying to get you back to work????)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Russell in Goose Creek, South Carolina

83 months ago

Wow, Went to a interview for a Network admin job, and to my surprise they offer me a level 1 helpdesk support and offer me a low hourly salary also.

I turned down the offer not once but twice. Please do not waste your time with them.

What a waste of my time. I NEED A NETWORK ADMIN JOB NOT A LEVEL 1 HELPDESK JOB. I told the recruit to remove me from their database.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Telecom Worker in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

Most recruiters are pretty unprofessional & rude, they will not return your call if you are rejected (it's a numbers game to them), and will block your resume from being used by another recruiter at the same company, which is illegal, but proving it is almost impossible. DO NOT DEAL WITH TEKsystem or any other recruiter unless you know upfront what the rate will be before you allow your resume to be used; basically they want to make a margin of around 45-60% on your labour. The will tell you, "that's all the customer is willing to pay, but most likely it's; they will not cut their margin to place you or pay you a little more (like $45/hour increased $50/hour). If you can afford to pass on the work then pass. And most importantly negotiate!!!
You have skill and experience, your labour has value!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Portland, Oregon in Seattle, Washington

83 months ago

Almost all recruiters will not call you back unless you've developed a relationship with a specific person through past jobs and everyone likes your work.

Expect no one to return the call or look out for you. Just call them and keep looking elsewhere. It's just the nature of contracting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

scotsaye in Fresno, California

83 months ago

I applied for a position with Tek Systems. The advertisement made it look like it was for regular type position and not a recruiter company. I have an interview next week and don't know if I should go after reading many of the comments here and elsewhere about Tek Systems. When I did a search, the first thing that came up was "Tek Systems S**ks" and this is how I found this message board. I had one experience with Robert Half for a position at Certainteed in Chowchilla, Ca. I knew that RH was a headhunter company and I even had to take their test and pass it before they would even consider me. Certainteed decided to put the position on hold and I haven't been able to connect with the recruiter since. I have already applied for unemployment from my last position of over 5 years. This was due to the company asking me to be a part of a fraudulent insurance claim and I did not help them. I was fired by email the next week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JeffS in Jordan, New York

83 months ago

I just left Tek 3 weeks ago after being with them for 3 months in Rochester, NY. I was on an account that offered me an extension and were pleased with my work. Unfortunately the Tek account manager was completely unresponsive to concerns I had. He gave me a hard time because I expressed my issues with working 6 out of 8 mandatory weekends on top of already long hours during the week. Very, very bad management at the account level. Others I dealt with at Tek seemed to be fine but I wouldn't recommend them. Kind of a fair weather company. use them as a last resort.

The Truth in Trabuco Canyon, California

83 months ago

Does anyone want to borrow some tissues?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

Fred in Toronto, Ontario

83 months ago

All recruiters are scum, I thought that was universally understood. TEK stands out slightly, though:

Three months into one of my contract, my TEK recruiter shows up in the office notably underdressed. Turns out he had taken one of his own contracts and was now working for the same client as me… through TEK!

A pimp who pimps out himself is definitely of note. Wonder if he was giving himself a 30% cut off his own hourly rate.

jmod in Phoenix, Arizona

80 months ago

Wow. A few of you have legitimate complaints or concerns that can probably be addressed by just better communication and your understanding that communication is a two way street. The majority of the rest of the comments are very unprofessional and spells out for everyone why you did not get the job. No mystery there....I had just went through a divorce and moved to the San Diego area. I had the same job job at IBM for the past 6 years so I had no idea what type of job market I was moving into and was even less versed on what type of salary to ask for. I happen to get in touch with a Recruiter from TEKsystems and had a great experience. They listened to my career needs and educated me on the local market, company environments and what type of salary I should be looking for (which was considerably higher than I was offered when I interviewed on my own) My recruiter took me out to lunch once a week and spoke with me every other day before they found me a great opportunity. It was directly placed at a company with a much higher salary than expected. I am now very happy with my job and have been here for two years. My recruiter still keeps in touch with me every once in a while to check on how I am doing. I did a lot of research on TEKsystems and they seem to be the only legitimate staffing comapany out there, in my opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

E v in Vancouver, British Columbia

77 months ago

jmod in Phoenix, Arizona said: Wow. A few of you have legitimate complaints or concerns that can probably be addressed by just better communication and your understanding that communication is a two way street. The majority of the rest of the comments are very unprofessional and spells out for everyone why you did not get the job. No mystery there....I had just went through a divorce and moved to the San Diego area. I had the same job job at IBM for the past 6 years so I had no idea what type of job market I was moving into and was even less versed on what type of salary to ask for. I happen to get in touch with a Recruiter from TEKsystems and had a great experience. They listened to my career needs and educated me on the local market, company environments and what type of salary I should be looking for (which was considerably higher than I was offered when I interviewed on my own) My recruiter took me out to lunch once a week and spoke with me every other day before they found me a great opportunity. It was directly placed at a company with a much higher salary than expected. I am now very happy with my job and have been here for two years. My recruiter still keeps in touch with me every once in a while to check on how I am doing. I did a lot of research on TEKsystems and they seem to be the only legitimate staffing comapany out there, in my opinion.

I think you're full of S***!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Presley Elvis in New Hill, North Carolina

75 months ago

scotsaye in Fresno, California said: I applied for a position with Tek Systems. The advertisement made it look like it was for regular type position and not a recruiter company. I have an interview next week and don't know if I should go after reading many of the comments here and elsewhere about Tek Systems. When I did a search, the first thing that came up was "Tek Systems S**ks" and this is how I found this message board. I had one experience with Robert Half for a position at Certainteed in Chowchilla, Ca. I knew that RH was a headhunter company and I even had to take their test and pass it before they would even consider me. Certainteed decided to put the position on hold and I haven't been able to connect with the recruiter since. I have already applied for unemployment from my last position of over 5 years. This was due to the company asking me to be a part of a fraudulent insurance claim and I did not help them. I was fired by email the next week.

Did you get the job? Let us know and good luck. Keep an open mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Presley Elvis in New Hill, North Carolina

75 months ago

Wow. A few of you have legitimate complaints or concerns that can probably be addressed by just better communication and your understanding that communication is a two way street. The majority of the rest of the comments are very unprofessional and spells out for everyone why you did not get the job. No mystery there....I had just went through a divorce and moved to the San Diego area. I had the same job job at IBM for the past 6 years so I had no idea what type of job market I was moving into and was even less versed on what type of salary to ask for. I happen to get in touch with a Recruiter from TEKsystems and had a great experience. They listened to my career needs and educated me on the local market, company environments and what type of salary I should be looking for (which was considerably higher than I was offered when I interviewed on my own) My recruiter took me out to lunch once a week and spoke with me every other day before they found me a great opportunity. It was directly placed at a company with a much higher salary than expected. I am now very happy with my job and have been here for two years. My recruiter still keeps in touch with me every once in a while to check on how I am doing. I did a lot of research on TEKsystems and they seem to be the only legitimate staffing comapany out there, in my opinion.

You are obviously an experience worker and I value your insight. You are either over 30 or are one of the few intelligent people on this sight that are under 30. Either way, thank you for your insight. I do have a question I have been trying to get answered. Do you know if Teksystems gets a bonus or lump sum if a contract to perm actually goes perm. I know they get the weekly skim off the top (their right to do), but the only concern I have is that I am hoping to get a perm position with the company they have placed me at. However, even with a great history with the contracted employer, I may not get it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Shaketheia Hinton in Shaw A F B, South Carolina

74 months ago

Wow...now I separated the military TODAY, 15 MAY 2008 and I've been in contact with TekSystems for the past 3 months. Apparently I have the BEST recruiter in the Raleigh Durham area or in TekSystems period???? His name is ARON YUHAS and he has called me on the regular knowing I would not be available until my final separation date. Aron called me TODAY about a job!!! It is VERY daunting to read these comments on the one company that has provided me the most support with my job searching...of course I intend on finding a permanent position (because I am looking for longetivity with anything I do after being in the military) but TekSystems has been very encouraging and helpful to me thus far. After reading these comments, I am somewhat apprehensive, but I believe in my recruiter and his abilities so far. I will keep you all posted on my progression or lack thereof.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

mathstatwiz in Los Gatos, California

74 months ago

Its all a matter of whether its a buyers market or a sellers market. If you're selling your services and its a tight job market, then you'll get recruiters (TEKsystems or whoever) fawning all over you. If its a lousy job market, then some guy from India will be calling you about some job that no one wants, and asking you to lower your rate by 50% . . .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

webtech2007 in Saint Louis, Missouri

74 months ago

Bad Experience with Tek that continues to haunt. After accepting the contract with Tek, things were great for a time, but over the course of time there was a change up inthe management between Tek and the contracting company. Instead of reporting to both Tek and the other company, we went strictly to reporting to Tek. Team leads were created and in my situation, I was first shift, my lead was second shift, making me rely on the other leads. During one occassion which forced me to resign my position, I went to one of these leads whom had already helped with a previous issue and when the end user e-mailed me direct, the lead stood up, raising thier voice to almost a yell, and instructed me that I should not be receiving the email and the user MUST call back in to have another trouble ticket created. I had already spent more than an hour workign this issue originally and in my opinion this was not proper customer satisfaction, nor was it proper business. I did not go to my TEK manager to explain, i did in fact take the rest the day off, emailed my resignation and then upon my drive in, decided to call it quits. Leaving badges on the Tak managers desk, I then left. Upon filing for unemployment I now find it being denied by AeroTek which in no way shape or form was a part of any paychecks I have recieved, nor any part of the paperwork I had originally signed with Tek. I had interviewed at one point with Aerotek and well, upon accepting the job from Tek I was not aware they were affiliated. IF anyone else has had issues of this nature, please feel free to contact. I believer that there is more than meets the eye with Tek/Aerotek and many of the other "consulting companies" out here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Someone who worked at CZN in Victor, New York

74 months ago

Why would you get unemployment if you resigned?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Glen Nelson in Charlotte, North Carolina

70 months ago

I would not recommend TEK Systems to anyone - this is the old Maxim Group - changed their name because Maxim had gotten such a bad name. I went on a contract that was suppose to be Mainframe (which is my expertise) - when I got there it was for Linux UDB - nowhere on my resume - I had Unix in school but never on the job - to say the least - I fell flat on my face with no support from the management at TEK systems - I was told they had insurance - I had to go to the hospital and I am out about 10k all together - with folowups, medication, etc - they insurance company they work through is SRC - beware - SRC does not have real insurance - it is call gap insurance - it is not suppose to used as your only insurance but Tek Systems told me that - it only pays 70% - I found this out only after I had quit my job and paid my own way from Florida to Tennessee - I would not recommend them to anyone - my first contract with them was Y2K - contract to perm - after 5 months I was talking to the manager and he ask me what I was going to do after the contract ended - I told him what I had been told and he said that the job was never intended to be perm - it was Y2K only - They only want billable time and care not for the consultant - or at least that is my opinion - just be careful and get everything in writing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shaketheia Hinton in Shaw A F B, South Carolina

70 months ago

Well...I HAD great things to say about TekSystems. Remember my post from 4 months ago? Well SCRATCH ALL OF THAT!!!!! If you can, please attempt to not go through these temp agencies...please hit the pavement and just go door to door and BEG for a job. Now, the TekSystems personnel SAW my post and the good things I had to say about them - you think that persuaded them to help me or be honest about supporting me? NOPE! GOD was on my side. I now work for the State of NC and of course I didn't have to go through a temp agency to get this job. This is a job I hit the pavement for. Of course it's a pay cut but it's a JOB and it will be here for years to come - basically NOT TEMP and the guaranteed benefits for myself and my son. TEKSYSTEMS SUCKS - AND I CAN HONESTLY VOUCH FOR THIS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Elk River, Minnesota

66 months ago

These guys are a joke. I actually worked for the company back in the late 90's. You notice the recruiters keep bragging how much the company makes. Funny, they don't say anything about customer service or how they treat their contractors. I own 7 health clubs in 3 states and I thought the health club industry was bad, it aint got nothin on Tek systems (I worked for for the former Maxim division)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Presley Elvis in Memphis, Tennessee

66 months ago

Shaketheia Hinton in Shaw A F B, South Carolina said: Well...I HAD great things to say about TekSystems. Remember my post from 4 months ago? Well SCRATCH ALL OF THAT!!!!! If you can, please attempt to not go through these temp agencies...please hit the pavement and just go door to door and BEG for a job. Now, the TekSystems personnel SAW my post and the good things I had to say about them - you think that persuaded them to help me or be honest about supporting me? NOPE! GOD was on my side. I now work for the State of NC and of course I didn't have to go through a temp agency to get this job. This is a job I hit the pavement for. Of course it's a pay cut but it's a JOB and it will be here for years to come - basically NOT TEMP and the guaranteed benefits for myself and my son. TEKSYSTEMS SUCKS - AND I CAN HONESTLY VOUCH FOR THIS.

If you can please help a fellow in a similar position. I have a similar past and am really interested and trying to get into the government. As a person that will probably have to work the next 20 years. I am really trying to get into the government. If you have any tips or advice, I would greatly appreciate it. I know exactly what you are saying. I just find it hard to find any openings with a mortgage background. How did you get yours and what steps did you follow.

Thanks again and God Bless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

techhumper in Lemoore, California

66 months ago

Shaketheia Hinton in Shaw A F B, South Carolina said: Well...I HAD great things to say about TekSystems. Remember my post from 4 months ago? Well SCRATCH ALL OF THAT!!!!! If you can, please attempt to not go through these temp agencies...please hit the pavement and just go door to door and BEG for a job. Now, the TekSystems personnel SAW my post and the good things I had to say about them - you think that persuaded them to help me or be honest about supporting me? NOPE! GOD was on my side. I now work for the State of NC and of course I didn't have to go through a temp agency to get this job. This is a job I hit the pavement for. Of course it's a pay cut but it's a JOB and it will be here for years to come - basically NOT TEMP and the guaranteed benefits for myself and my son. TEKSYSTEMS SUCKS - AND I CAN HONESTLY VOUCH FOR THIS.

Thank for your insight, I too recently separated and had a recent interview. thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nichollsvi in Chesapeake, Virginia

64 months ago

Teksystems in Chesapeake - the recruiter was great. HR is another story.

I didn't get notified of a time sheet problem. The recruiter couldn't reach me at my new work and although having my home phone and email, didn't let me know. By the time she did leave a message, it was too late to get a paycheck that week. I asked her, hey I have mortgage, bills due, why couldn't you let me know at home phone/email? You didn't ask my new work number, you just tried to call me back at the old one, couldn't get it, and didn't do anything else. I was told by the recruiter she'd try and have the paycheck in a day or so or sent to my house. I responded by email to find out whether or not she'd send it to the office or home, received no answer. When I called the next day to say, hey heard nothing, why didn't you guys give me a shout, I got attitude from the HR person, to the point where I said, "life is all my fault, whatever. I'm just asking why you guys couldn't followup." Back again, I got laid into for the time sheet problem - not "we're sorry we didn't try to send you something at home when we first saw the problem days ago to get it fixed". After a 3rd time of me saying, "fine, its all my fault" (and the HR lady wasn't going to answer why a successful assignment wasn't worth a call/email to my home to let me know about the problem) she said I'm going to hang up on you now. So she did.

Remember HR, you are the face of your company: is attitude, blame, and being combative going to help the reputation of your company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TEK Hater in Pennsylvania

62 months ago

I worked for TEK for 2.5 years: no raises, no sick days, no vacation, and then they just cut my pay $5000 and told me not to tell anyone, or it could be grounds for dismissal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

illustrious1 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

57 months ago

I just separated from Tek Systems due to a idiotic assumption made by a client's employee. The Tek representative is a complete idiot. They don't want to pay expenses and it takes FOREVER to get direct deposit. I will refrain from going thru them in the future. Thanks for nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Miami Beach, Florida

22 months ago

I must say that within the years that I've been in TEKSystems database, I did not get one measly call from them. The only way I finally got in was by calling in and asking for a JOB. So, I get led around in circles by various people, until finally I end up with this lady, Lauren Zawockli.

She seemed like a nice person, and seemed interested in helping me with a finding a job. As I write this now, there was ONE time that she did call, for a position @ Office depot in Boca. I asked to be submitted for that positon, was not called. Repeatedly called several times to her extension, and the same reply: "I'm sorry, but we haven't heard back from them yet."

Meanwhile, the frustration inside of me is building up to a climax, as you can imagine. At this point, I gave up all hope. I think I'm still in their system to this day, but who really cares???

Another thing, i noticed a rather interesting correlation, why is it that the majority of the TEKSystems recruiters look like fashion models but don't know S(@*$ about the position when you inquire?

I rest my case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Glen Nelson in Alcoa, Tennessee

22 months ago

I worked for Maxim Group and TEK Systems - same company, different names - I would guess to fool people that had a bad experience with either. The first time I was shorted $5000.00 a year. They denied it and said I had verbally accepted at the lower number. I hired again with them and 3 weeks before the contract expired I asked if they had gotten an extension and they said no they had not. I started looking for another job and they said I was suppose to wait until the contract ended. I asked the manager if he had intentions of extending the contract and he said that was all that was budgeted. I was doing Y2K stuff which usually was not a long contract. The insurance they have is the worse. They process by paper, lose things and say that things are not covered even if they are. I am retired today but I would not ever use them again if I was working and would not have anyone else. I also made a mistake on one of the jobs and the company called the manager and she came onsite and told me to pack my bags. I was hired as a COBOL programmer and the company decided that I would be able to do .net for them. I had minimal experience in that area but TEK systems did not back me up. They sold me as an expert to keep me on the job. When I got to the office they did not put me on the bench but fired me there saying that I did unacceptable work. Remember that I was hired as a Mainframe Cobol CICS DB2 programmer. I was doing .net, Oracle, Unix, and other newer technology. My resume said that I had exposure to these but was at an elementary skill. I was in .net and missed a pipe in the system of which I was not familiar with. Being a | symbol I flat out missed it in the code. I tried to get a test system and it was always taken or the users had it for processing live for some reason, so it was not tested code. I still have a bad taste in my mouth. I wrote the clients Managers and explained that I was not in my comfort zone and thanked them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Miami Beach, Florida

22 months ago

unreal..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gary Lee in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

22 months ago

I recently was let go from Kohls corporate this morning due to not catching up to the speed of things as a remote service tech for in the field techs working on cutovers at stores. I felt that my recruiter filled me in to the role at Kohls to just fill the order for techs. Everyone that I worked with had at least two months training prior to my start date. I tried explaining to my recruiter ,as I am clearly was aware she knew the situation and left me thinking she was only filling the position until she could find a replacement. I was using the Managers authentication and was never given my own, my binder that was supposed to have all the information needed to be up to speed was missing a majority of the steps I absolutely needed to study and use and I did not receive until day three. I tried to speak with my recruiter and explain I was catching up and that I clearly was the least experienced only due to the fact that the other remote techs had been given two months of training. TEK Systems has lost their integrity relationship with me and I luckily was born with a great since of awareness and suspected that TEK Systems did not have my best interest in mind and I was able to find a position before I was let go, unfortunately I will have to wait two weeks for my start date. If you are reading this I hope you at least try but I also hope these comments from us all who have worked with TEK allow you to not be oblivious and neglect the fact that TEK systems does take forever to get back to you about statuses of interviews and will always have the companies they hire for interest a priority over the individual who is PAYING them to have theirs….

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Derron Lindsey in Carson, Mississippi

20 months ago

What people say about them rarely letting you go from temp to hire is likely true. They get a one time bonus if you get hired, but if they can write the contract to the employer(client?) in a way that suggests that after the temporary time they probably won't need you, then that's in their benefit - once a company decides not to take you on full time (and they will manufacture any excuse they feel necessary if they need to). Now you've worked at a company trying your hardest to impress while they've take advantage of you.

I've worked for other recruiting companies that actually did let me go from temp to full time, with good pay too. They were nice, however there are always bad apples in a bunch, but this bunch rarely play games and you can easily tell by the distinct lack of bad complaints compared to this TEKSystem's company

TEK will act professional when it's time they need you, but then show their ugly side once they decide that you need them too.

Always think smart and be sure to have your options wide open. Depending on a single job hire is not healthy and will put you in a position of desperateness where you can be taken advantage of quickly.

NEVER depend on JUST TEK to get you a job (honestly I wouldn't recommend it at all), but if you have to get a job, start looking for another one asap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

contractor in Phoenix, Arizona

19 months ago

Anonymous in Cary, North Carolina said: I was approached by TEKSystems in Raleigh and completely neglected. I emailed several times but my "Senior" recruiter basically ignored me. Apparantly I wasn't important enough for them.
I would discourage anyone from using them as a recruiter.

==================================================================
Teksystems recruiter in desperation due to losing a contract with USF offered to pay me for helping with interview process. A dream counter offer out of no where was presented to me. I accepted. The recruiter lied to me. She never paid me for the interviews and told me to suck it up. Ethics in this country is selfish and dangerous to the future of our nation and a rapidly growing cancer without a cure. <a href="www.teksystems.com">Teksystems</a>. Thankfully. God is in control. But our nation, businesses and our communities need to hold each other accountable and stop this fast paced rat race and lying. It hurts people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

contractor in Phoenix, Arizona

19 months ago

I understand. I wish it didn’t go down that way but I have been in the industry for 10 years and I understand the business. At the end of the day it would have been better accepted by me and US Foods if you would not have accepted and just held off for a week until all other offers were finalized, but people work to put food on their tables and to provide for their families. So, there is no HARD feelings over here. I understand your decision. Wish it didn’t happen that way, but UNDERSTAND it.

I sent a Target gift card of 100 dollars the day you completed the interviews and texted me your address. Before, I even knew you were not taking the offer. You should have received the gift card before the holiday. I didn’t give you the card for taking the job. I gave you the card for helping out with the assessments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Professional in Jeffersonville, Indiana

14 months ago

Do not become an associate/contractor with this company (TekSystems or TekSolutions).
1. They are completely unprofessional.
2. You will never get paid on time. You will not get direct deposit, and your check will be mailed 3 weeks late, always.
3. The companies that you are hired into from this agency are unprofessional, to say the least. They often appear to have had some form of primate working directly on their computer systems before you arrived, or they let an 80 year old woman go into the server create a web page--because she's been there 60 years, or because she's the cousin of the owner of the company. They do not investigate their companies, nor do they care about where they place you.

I know because I went through this hell personally, having been hired into a place that promised a permanent position, only to find out that the company always let go of it's contractors and never hires them on permanently when I had been there only a couple of months, and that was from someone on the inside. Yet, my boss kept telling me I'd be hired on permanently and telling me what a good job I was doing, but then he did let me go when the contract was up. The company lied to me and Tek Systems lies to you just to get you into the position. Want a tech job in the Louisville Ky Area--please go with "Adecco Technical" or "Vertek Solutions"--they are completely professional and tell you when a job is contract only, or contract to hire, and they don't lie about it. Also, they know how to complete direct deposit information and will get you paid on time and they care about their employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

MarMar11 in Carlsbad, California

7 months ago

TekSystem recruiters have become a downside for Teksystems , most are inexperienced, they seem to be following the same trend of not actually reading potential resumes and only care about statistics to show their bosses that they are actually doing work , they called me several times, each time a different recruiter ask me to come to their office for a meet and greet , same stupid questions, but no results , REALLY ? I came to your office 5 times throughout the past 3 years and every time you tell me that this is the first time they see my name in their records, 15 years of engineering experience and all you have to offer me is a entry level temp help desk job , read the damn resume and get a better recruiters .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.