You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

NameGoesHere in Harrisburg, North Carolina

95 months ago

You should have sued their ass off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

CTH in Delray Beach, Florida

95 months ago

DNC in Savannah, Georgia said: headlines.agapepress.org/archive/7/afa/102006e.asp

What does that have to do with this discussion group? Please stay on topic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Andrew in Elk Grove Il in Elk Grove Village, Illinois

94 months ago

CTH in Delray Beach, Florida said: What does that have to do with this discussion group? Please stay on topic.[/QUOTE

If this is a real response, then you are way off base or possibly I am. I understand that this forum is to describe potential employers. If this assumption is correct, then the veracity of the employer is definitely on point. However I have been wrong before…

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Denver in Denver, Colorado

94 months ago

Not Avalible in Monterey Park, California said: I worked for TEK systems for about Six months. After I was laid off. When a company would call to verify employment they would state I was fired or I never worked there. I had my lawyer call senior Management to get them to stop..

Beware!!!!!!!!

How did you find out about the bad mouthing. I think my previous company may be doing the same to me but I can't get the prospective employers to give me any insight on what turned them off my resume???

Help if you can, Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael Brown in Rhinelander, Wisconsin

93 months ago

Jim in Denver in Denver, Colorado said: How did you find out about the bad mouthing. I think my previous company may be doing the same to me but I

Try having someone call for you and ask for a reference. Have a good cover story ready for the caller. Has been done before. My friend was bad mouthed by one person who said that they would give a good refernce. The recruiter has good references except for one mentioned this to him saying, "It would probably be best if you didn't use them in the future." That's what happened to him. Your mileage may vary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Portland, Oregon in Seattle, Washington

93 months ago

Since you're on this topic, one suggestion. I never list the Recruiting company name on my resume. I just use the client company. E.g., Intel vs. Teksystems, or whatever. When they ask for references, I give them my client manager references or others in the industry. I never use the Recruiting company as a reference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Now Working in Austell, Georgia

93 months ago

I left Teksystems and found out that they had me listed as terminated in their system. Not only that, my last check was written off of a closed account. The bank told me that they could not verify any of the info on the check. I eventually got my money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FedUp in Chicago, Illinois

92 months ago

Wow that's some under-handed crap! I'm glad to hear that you did get your money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ohioan in Ohio

86 months ago

TEK also has me listed as terminated in the system whereas my contract was not renewed. They tried to deny my unemployment saying I was fired for being disresceptful to the client, but thankfully the state said they did not provide specific instances so my unemployment was approved. I will not respective employers contact TEK. I use a former co-worker at the client site as my reference. Do not trust anything the account manager says. Get everything in writing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ohioan in Ohio

85 months ago

Well, TEK is still a pain in my rear-end. They have appealled my unemployment. Now TEK says I was discharged for unacceptable and improper conduct. Seems they can't make up their mind...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Presley Elvis in New Hill, North Carolina

82 months ago

Simply put, everyone has a unique working experience whether it is through Tek Systems or directly with an employer. Here is one of the few tips I have learned over the years. Do not depend on a good job reference from a former employer. Most HR rules are only going to allow basic info released. Such as answering that they worked there and dates etal...A great idea depending on your job title, it to keep a booklet of e-mails (black-out company direct exposure items) and put together a snapshot of these employee/customer appreciation type of comments. You will be amazed at how powerful a stack of complimentary letters/e-mails will add to your next job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ella Vated in Los Angeles, California

56 months ago

Not Avalible in Monterey Park, California said: I worked for TEK systems for about Six months. After I was laid off. When a company would call to verify employment they would state I was fired or I never worked there. I had my lawyer call senior Management to get them to stop..

Beware!!!!!!!!

I'm interested in contacting past employees of TekSystems SanFrancisco.
I don't want to post the details here, but would you please contact me at s2theean@gmail.com. thank you. Ella.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.