CROOKED RECRUITING COMPANIES

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 171)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Dr. Rosen in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

111 months ago

You have to be kidding me. IT Professionals work sooooo hard? You are overhead with the exception of those who are actually developing a software product to acutally go to market with which will make your company money. You have very short memories of 2000-2003 when you were begging for work and blaming the Staffing and Consulting firms for not getting you work when you were overpaid due to Y2K. WAY OVERPAID!

These people from these firms work far more hours and with far more stress than you can imagine. The most stressfull part of many of your days is weather Lumburg is going to run off with your stapler or if the Teksystems, Technisource, Modis, KForce guy brought bagels for your team on Friday morning. The Account Managers and Recruiters are out there working for you and their customer to deliver the talent that their customer wants. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose and YES there are a lot of turds in that industry but the companies themselves are striving to provide a good and needed service. They are in the one industry that has a product to sell, BUT the product can tell them and the customer NO I dont want to be sold to this client. Name one business that has to deal with that kind of stress and people problems and name one with more competitors.

IT people work sooooo hard. Please dude, ditch diggers, construction workers, military personnel, janitors, teachers and retail professionals all work far harder than you with WAAAYYYY less pay.

My guess is that this topic was started by an IT Professional who did a poor job on his/her last 8 jobs in the past 2 years and they are looking for someone else to blame other than themselves for not performing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (116) Reply - Report abuse

Angela Smith in Houston, Texas

111 months ago

I do find it annoying that even recruiting has gone offshore. I will not return calls of individuals I cannot understand. I also note that because the pay in the offshore country is so cheap, they expect the same pay or cheaper than standard rates to be appealing here!

I was appalled by an opportunity that was presented to me in the last 30 days. As described:

1099 rate - $35 all inclusive
required travel at my expense to Denver, CO (I am based in TX)
Technical Writer with 5 to 7 years experience with BA skills needed

1. This really is a Business Analyst job when I discussed it with the gentleman I spoke with. I market myself across both to bring me the most opportunities. There was much more requirements and engineering as-is and to-be processes involved and not as much 'cut and dry' documentation.

2. By the time I take expenses and taxes out, this is the equivalent of working for $5/hr. That is just crap.

3. While I am hunting, the rate specified is a W-2 rate for just a plain-jane technical writer in my home market and expenses still allowed.

I would like to know what these people are smoking when they even present this to prospective workers...

However, having recently finished a job where some offshore interaction occurred - in India, SQL programmers make $150/wk contract and that is considered 'good pay.' A senior level programmer as an employee makes $20 - 25K per year and their benefits are quite generous. This is distorting the market terribly.

What is equally difficult to understand is why companies continue to do this when it is almost a 1:1 ratio of onshore personnel required to manage the offshore resources. I do not see the cost savings/benefits to this from my experience with several firms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Marlene Eeg in Knoxville, Tennessee

110 months ago

Dr. James Edison Dolenz Ph.D. said: DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING
Robert Half Technology
TEK Systems
Alegis Group
KForce
Manpower Professional
Modis
Omni Resources
Spherion
Technisource
Unicon Internation
Ajilon
Judge Group
Right now, every Tom, Dick, Harry, Rachael, Sue, Julie, Sarat, and Amir on planet Earth is trying to make a fast buck by being a temporary employer of some kind, yet the only real difference between each and every one of you is the amount of sales puff you can blow up an employer’s behind with the standard ‘WE ARE THE BEST” sales hype or the amount of payola that is paid to an employer to get a signed contract. Most of you lie, cheat, and steal on a regular basis to achieve your sales goals and maximize your cut of your secret billable rate. You also scour the resumes you receive for applicant placement and the help-wanted ads placed by employers to find new prey. Using resumes for marketing and sales is pretexting, which is getting private information about an individual under false pretenses, is wrong.

What can you tell us about TEK? Anything specific?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

dana in Charlotte, North Carolina

110 months ago

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.....
Add Insight Global, Inc to the list of consultant companies that will waste your time and have you running in circles. Here is their website, www.insightglobal.net.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

geekSpeak in Tampa, Florida

110 months ago

I was/am a software developer that "jumped" over to the dark side. After my layoff the market was a little tight and I looked into recruiting...seemed like a way for me to keep my fingers in the pie and stay abreast of technologies. I've been recruiting for 3 years now but am transitioning back into the hands-on world by joining a consulting firm. I wanted to give a brief background before delving into the fray. I'm not fond of recruiting but hey...gotta pay the bills right?

I will agree that there are many shady people in the recruiting industry...some are openly shady while others are of the sneaky variety. You won't see them coming until after the paperwork is signed and you've accepted the position. I've been successful in recruiting because I tell people my background right up front so they know they're dealing with someone who understands that C# is NOT pronounced C-pound and Java is NOT just a cup'o'joe. There are people in my office with more experience in recruiting than me, however, I've been the "go-to" guy when it comes to questions on technology.

I've been pushed, poked and prodded to say things to candidates that I didn't feel comfortable saying. I just wouldn't do it. I'm sure I missed out on placements because of it but my integrity means more to me than that. I've befriended most of my candidates and when they're close to finishing a project (on their own or through me) they usually check in with me. If I have a position for them...great. If not, they put feelers out on their own.

There are a lot of shady people in the recruiting industry and at the end of the day these companies only care about one thing...how many placements you have. Most don't care how it's done...just do it. You're pushed to make x amount of calls, submit x amount of resumes and if you don't make the numbers...you're out.

I'm getting out while I still have my sanity and integrity intact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy in San Antonio, Texas

110 months ago

Yogizillain New York, New York said: In regards to high expectations, one of the trends I see, especially in IT, is that there are many recruiters looking for very specific, unusual skill mixes. They want someone that will be a desktop technician, shell scripter, web designer, assembly writer, and Broadway singer. Then they want that same person to have experience in specific industries such as "a hospital with over 2000 employees." You may be a close match and be the person that they need but, since you do not match the "letter of the words", they will move on.

Yogi: I had a good laugh at this comment because Ive been trying for 4 months to figure out why I dont get responses to applications for which I have the identical experience. I totally agree with you as funny as it may be...its sad that HR people are screening resumes for 99% match of keywords rather than using insight and experience to screen. The Broadway singer who has been in IT for exactly 5 years with sales experience and a BA is typical of the mindset of some of the recruiters and hiring managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brent Harder in Worthington, Ohio

110 months ago

Susan in Littleton, Colorado said: I agree...How do these people that can't
speak English get a hold of my resume. How do I get them to stop calling me with non-existent jobs? Contract companies are a joke.

If you don't want called on your resume, then don't post on job boards! Even if you posted it 5 years ago, you can still be contacted. I have been in the IT industry for over 14 years, first as a Recruiter, then an Acct. Rep, now a Director. Many things that all of you are saying is valid, but some is not. In addition many points are being missed.

I too have seen this industry re-invent itself to where ethical, caring, career minded IT consulting firms have evolved into just plain "body shops". Many of the ones that were listed above would fall into that category. In the old days, you had consultants that stayed with a firm, had annual pay raises, free training, award recognition, paid bench, etc. However, today, at least in the staffing side of the business, recruiting has become nothing more than going out to job boards and subcontracting non-US consultants from non-US owned firms. That is not recruiting. Where are the relationships and pipeline?

As for offshore, lets not forget who is to blame. How many American companies went oversees and BUILT IT Training centers? FORD, GM, JP MORGAN? How many fortune 500 firms invested in Universities oversees? If you want to be mad at offshore, maybe you should be mad at your own employer. Or how about being upset with some of our American IT talent that refused to migrate off of there mainframe skills to client server or web or even ERP, because they were to bullheaded? Many of your criticisms of consulting firms are well founded but not complete. We are a re-active industry, many times not proactive. We try to work with companies based on what THEY ask for. Granted, we do sell offshore wneh needed, but it is to stay competitive within our industry and if we don't offer it, someone else will.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Chicago in Bloomingdale, Illinois

110 months ago

Cant complain about Tek- recruit to placement was under a month. Account manager and recruiter keep in touch and return calls and emails. No problem with pay or payroll.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mr. Promise in Pleasanton, California

109 months ago

I challenge any one of you to try Robert Half Technology. Totally different set up. If you dont understand the business behind contract agencies dont knock. I agree some are not on the up and up. But one comapny does not reach the billion dollar mark just because we work with every Tom Dick and Harry. Most times major companies use contract house's to weed out the weak!!

Dr. James Edison Dolenz Ph.D. said: DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING

Robert Half Technology
TEK Systems
Alegis Group
KForce
Manpower Professional
Modis
Omni Resources
Spherion
Technisource
Unicon Internation
Ajilon
Judge Group

Right now, every Tom, Dick, Harry, Rachael, Sue, Julie, Sarat, and Amir on planet Earth is trying to make a fast buck by being a temporary employer of some kind, yet the only real difference between each and every one of you is the amount of sales puff you can blow up an employer’s behind with the standard ‘WE ARE THE BEST” sales hype or the amount of payola that is paid to an employer to get a signed contract. Most of you lie, cheat, and steal on a regular basis to achieve your sales goals and maximize your cut of your secret billable rate. You also scour the resumes you receive for applicant placement and the help-wanted ads placed by employers to find new prey. Using resumes for marketing and sales is pretexting, which is getting private information about an individual under false pretenses, is wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Al Townswend in Houston, Texas

109 months ago

I have been reading on this forum about the many and versatile perspectives about recruiter/placement agencies. Unfortunately, I am looking for work and have signed up with about 17 (my list) of them in the Houston area alone. I have signed up with even more that are physically in some other place in the country. To date, I have not been successful with getting very far with any of them. They seem to rush me into getting my information to them, visiting their offices to formally register with them, and then, they disappear. Yes, disappear. When I do follow ups, they are unable to either remember me or be able to fine my file. I have followed up with some on several occasions, and they finally tell me that the position that I went through a three or four hour exercise to apply for has been filled. Now, this is after I have called several times just to follow up on the position. The case manager finally calls the client to see if the position is still open. Most of the time, the case manager will tell me that the position is filled, again, after I call to follow up. I have never gotten a call back from one of these agencies. I have, though, spoken to recruiters that are employees of a large company and gotten feedback from them. They seem to be in tuned and are knowledgeable about what is going on. But, the agencies that you all have been talking about are not job seeker friendly. Sure, many job seekers are successful using these agencies. The agencies would not be so successful if they were not getting people work. However, the industry has gotten so cut throat that it is difficult to find an agency that has good intentions for the job seeker. It is in fact all about the money. Job seekers are a commodity, and if they don’t get placed right away, their placement priority will be pushed farther and farther to the back of the line. I see it; I hear about it, I experience it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

deb in Rochester, New York

109 months ago

Have you tried Modis IT, I have worked with them when I was looking for a job in Texas.
Try..
Angela.Moreno@ModisIT.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bud in Durham, North Carolina

109 months ago

Robert Half advertises positions that do not exist. They even have a particular code for those non-existent positions. They "phish" for resumes to pad their database. If you call them about a non-existent positions, they will describe the position and tell you it is "one of their biggest clients". Ask them for the name of the company. If they refuse to give it, then it does not exist. Reputable companies will name the company up front.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EH

109 months ago

How are entry-level IT people supposed to get into companies then if not going through recruiters? It's become virtually impossible to get into decent companies without going through some kind of contract company. Shady they may be, but it pays the rent and keeps me from having to move back in with my parents at the age of 31.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in New Jersey in Montclair, New Jersey

109 months ago

Robert Half Technology
TEK Systems
Alegis Group
KForce
Manpower Professional
Modis
Omni Resources
Spherion
Technisource
Unicon Internation
Ajilon
Judge Group

I agree as well. I have stopped dealing with ALL recruiters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Disgruntled contractor

109 months ago

You know, I don't see Kelly Services on that list. They are the worst company I've ever worked with. All they ever had were entry-level jobs with crappy pay, where you get treated like dirt because you're "just a temp".

I had far better jobs at Fortune 500 companies through Manpower and Spherion than I ever did with Kelly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yoda in Stuart, Florida

109 months ago

...We IT professionals have all worked hard to get where we are and that can be very frustrating, especially when it involves wasting vacation days for bogus interviews.

I wasted a couple of days going out of state for an interview and was told I was a finalist and looked very promising. They didn't even check my references and a guy with no experience (for something they said was vital) got the job.

HH seem to lie about how great you are unless they find somebody who will do it cheaper. Can you say H1B visa?

Hana in Voorhees, New Jersey

109 months ago

Please add:
Kelly Services
Taylor Grey
Contemporary Staffing
Daybreak Staffing

to that list.

Looking for work in Hoboken, New Jersey

109 months ago

Please add the ones below. All shady in one way or another. They keep trying to push me to agree to submit my resume to jobs I'm only lukewarm about. So fed up with working with them!

- Creative Circle (part of Robert Half)
- Berman Larson & Kane
- Liberty
- Hired Guns
- Concepts in Staffing
- Pakter

I have yet to meet a staffing company that I would want to work with again!

Who wants info on agencies??? in Denver, Colorado

109 months ago

Using resumes for marketing and sales is pretexting, which is getting private information about an individual under false pretenses, is wrong.

Actually, it is ALSO AGAINST THE LAW! People need to report this. Would the FTC or the Atty General's office want this info??? They need to be SHUT DOWN!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Illegal activity - Recruiting Agencies in Denver, Colorado

109 months ago

Hardly ANYONE actually gets a job thru these predatory agencies! Maybe less than 1% of all resumes received.

They use private and confidential info on resumes to scout for new companies to call for business. This is illegal, sorry to inform you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cut out the agencies! Go DIRECT! in Denver, Colorado

109 months ago

Al Townswend in Houston, Texas said: I have been reading on this forum about the many and versatile perspectives about recruiter/placement agencies. Unfortunately, I am looking for work and have signed up with about 17 (my list) of them in the Houston area alone. I have signed up with even more that are physically in some other place in the country. To date, I have not been successful with getting very far with any of them. They seem to rush me into getting my information to them, visiting their offices to formally register with them, and then, they disappear. Yes, disappear. When I do follow ups, they are unable to either remember me or be able to fine my file. I have followed up with some on several occasions, and they finally tell me that the position that I went through a three or four hour exercise to apply for has been filled. Now, this is after I have called several times just to follow up on the position. The case manager finally calls the client to see if the position is still open. Most of the time, the case manager will tell me that the position is filled, again, after I call to follow up. I have never gotten a call back from one of these agencies. I have, though, spoken to recruiters that are employees of a large company and gotten feedback from them. They seem to be in tuned and are knowledgeable about what is going on. But, the agencies that you all have been talking about are not job seeker friendly. Sure, many job seekers are successful using these agencies. The agencies would not be so successful if they were not getting people work. However, the industry has gotten so cut throat that it is difficult to find an agency that has good intentions for the job seeker. It is in fact all about the money. Job seekers are a commodity, and if they don’t get placed right away, their placement priority will be pushed farther and farther to the back of the line. I see it; I

You have BETTER chances GOING DIRECT!!! The agency will lie to stop you!

Cut out the agencies! Go DIRECT! in Denver, Colorado

109 months ago

EH said: How are entry-level IT people supposed to get into companies then if not going through recruiters? It's become virtually impossible to get into decent companies without going through some kind of contract company. Shady they may be, but it pays the rent and keeps me from having to move back in with my parents at the age of 31.

This is EXACTLY what the recruiters WISH you would believe! It is simply NOT TRUE. Apply DIRECT! DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT DIRECT! You do NOT need these predatory agencies!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Me, just Me in Orlando, Florida

109 months ago

Illegal activity - Recruiting Agencies in Denver, Colorado said:
They use private and confidential info on resumes to scout for new companies to call for business. This is illegal, sorry to inform you!

I agree and will add that when they ask for references, prior to even speaking to any company's hiring manager, it is for new contact. You see most people have references who are in a hiring or supervisor position. Tell them no references and hang up, see how bad they really want you.

Al Townsend

109 months ago

I recentlty had a long and drawn out interview with a placement agency here in Houston. After a day, the recruiter called to aske for professinal references per the client's request. I was sure that I would get the call to go to work. I did get two calls. Both were from two previous employers that I gave as references. they called me to tell me to not have recruiters call them.

See, the recruiter called to talk to the HR manager, not to talk to my professional references. They called to see if the company needed workers. Now, the professional references that I gave were never contacted. The agency called the companies to solicit business.

By the way, I did not get the call and have not heard from the agency again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Contractor

109 months ago

Don't go through e-Technical either. I just had an "interview" through them yesterday that turned out to be a screening test for skills I did not know. They did not warn me about the test and the company I went to said they told the recruiter. That was a complete waste of an hour I could have spent looking for more fruitful opportunities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Contractor

109 months ago

Well, the problem is they weren't honest about it to begin with. The client was Digital River, FYI.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

A in Voorhees, New Jersey

109 months ago

Do any GOOD agencies exist in NYC anyone can point me to?
It's really hard to find a job these days :(

Yogizilla in New York, New York

109 months ago

I'm glad to see there are many people out there that have wised-up. Sure, you can go with the cop-out and say that there are good and bad recruiters, it's true, but I have yet to find anyone, my clients and myself included, that has had a satisfaction rate of greater than 5% when working with recruiters. Most of them are very predatory and shady by nature.

"I agree and will add that when they ask for references, prior to even speaking to any company's hiring manager, it is for new contact. You see most people have references who are in a hiring or supervisor position. Tell them no references and hang up, see how bad they really want you."

I concur. A good recruiter respects a give-take relationship. If they want more information, they need to give you some. I would be very cautious working with any recruiter that is vague about the "many opportunities" that they have available - that's almost always just a smoke screen!

In regards to good firms, it depends who you get to work with. There are lots of "lackies" that are purely just going for sales numbers and don't spend time with candidates.. Before I started to focus on my own businesses, my last real first-hand encounter with a recruiter was with Apex. They were OK but, again, it's more about them farming for information. As is the case with most, the interviews and opportunities aren't really there. They just need to build up a database.

I agree about on-site tests. If a company is THAT picky about whom they bring in, they should bring them in on a temporary/consultant basis to test them out. Some of the most brilliant people I have met have been terrible at tests!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Report fraud to the FTC! in Denver, Colorado

109 months ago

Please report FAKE job ads to the FTC!

Contractor in Minneapolis, Minnesota

109 months ago

Yogizilla in New York, New York said:
I agree about on-site tests. If a company is THAT picky about whom they bring in, they should bring them in on a temporary/consultant basis to test them out. Some of the most brilliant people I have met have been terrible at tests!

And tests aren't a true measure of your abilities. A person can be very intelligent and learn on the job quickly, but a test score won't reflect that. But companies have yet to figure that out.

Al Townsend in Houston, Texas

109 months ago

How do we know if the job is FAKE. That is one of the major problems with these companies. They hype upm the opportunity to get us in to complete the registration process, using up hours of our time, and then we don't hear from them again. In my cases, I hear from marketing companies looking to get some money out of me. Or, I have endless calls to the recruiter only to get voice mail or responses that the company has either not made a decision or has hired someone else. I get the feeling as though I was used to get company leads or my information was sold to mailing list companies.

Using Job Seekers! in Denver, Colorado

109 months ago

Unless you're inside, there is no way to know which jobs are fake, but most are. They are using PEOPLE to get information on employers and job descriptions!!!

You said: I get the feeling as though I was used to get company leads or my information was sold to mailing list companies.

109 months ago

Well, they are fired from my job search. This is the second interview they've sent me on where they said there wouldn't be an onsite test and there was. If they're not being honest about that, what else are they not being honest about? I'd be fired if I was less than honest with an employer. It really pisses me off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dude in Monterey Park, California

109 months ago

Dr. Rosen in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: You have to be kidding me...

Much of the lengthy commentary was omitted for simplicity.

Wow!

We're out here trying to get a job. Recruiters are trying to help us achieve this goal. Regardless of who is paid what for doing whatever, get a grip! Y2K is forgotten. (Oh, wait..., I hear crickets.) Further, if you are working in today's IT, then you know just how hard you work. Hands down, we are all working hard, today.

I believe that the posts to this forum were to alert job seekers to the potential harm that may exist with rather unethical agents/brokers. I think its called freedom of speech! Oh, wait ...thought, too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Previous KForce Employee in Douglasville, Georgia

109 months ago

I actually used to work at KForce - what a joke. You realize quickly that you have to be willing to trade your integrity for income . . . or you "don't make it".

It's actually an interesting case study of a culture that believes their own lies. When lying and cheating and manipulating is at the heart of the company, you're rejected like a bad kidney if you take issue with what goes on.

JobSeekers, there are some good recruiters out there . . . but most work independently, meaning not for a firm. Do what they do, meaning find the company name, do a search for the hiring mgr or internal recruiter on LinkedIn, and then call them! If you want to be non-intrusive, call and leave a message after hours. If anything, at least you'll be able to figure out the email address of the contacts that can print out and hand carry your resume to where it needs to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

What is the legal word for.... in Denver, Colorado

109 months ago

Previous KForce Employee in Douglasville, Georgia said: I actually used to work at KForce - what a joke. You realize quickly that you have to be willing to trade your integrity for income . . . or you "don't make it".

It's actually an interesting case study of a culture that believes their own lies. When lying and cheating and manipulating is at the heart of the company, you're rejected like a bad kidney if you take issue with what goes on.

JobSeekers, there are some good recruiters out there . . . but most work independently, meaning not for a firm. Do what they do, meaning find the company name, do a search for the hiring mgr or internal recruiter on LinkedIn, and then call them! If you want to be non-intrusive, call and leave a message after hours. If anything, at least you'll be able to figure out the email address of the contacts that can print out and hand carry your resume to where it needs to be.

Specifically, what kind of lying, cheating, etc. went on?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

109 months ago

GOOD NEWS, people. I have been searching for a job, for approximately 4 months, with no luck. I have "registered" with probably 5 or 6 "temporary agencies", aced their "test", interviewd well and was NEVER sent on an interview nor heard from them again. They also requested a copy of my license and Social Security card. Thinking they were "legitimate", I gave it to them (what a fool). As I reside in South Florida, the "biggest" culprit is Appleone. Just today, May 17, 2007, they posted 27 NEW jobs on Monster. Tonight, I was searching Monster's entire site and came across a statement that said "If you find a questionable job posting, please report it to us". Needless to say, I sent them a lenghty Email, explaining my situation, advising them that, in my opinion, the "jobs" never existed. I also explained that I heard, from a realiable source, that the Recruiters receive an "incentive" for each and every person they bring in. Suggest you ALL do the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

109 months ago

David Banner in Tampa, Florida said: That is totally false I have had nothing but positive things to say about kforce because of them my career is back on track, just because you did not have the skills to get the job they presented to you don't bash these companies

SORRY, but I DO NOT AGREE with your statement. I am MORE THAN QUALIFIED, for the posted positions, but, after "registering" with 5 or 6, I was NEVER sent on an interview nor contacted by them again!!!!! THE JOBS DO NOT EXIST AND NEVER HAVE!!!! Please see my last response for more indepth information. They are ALL fradulant!!!!!!

Apply Direct! in Denver, Colorado

109 months ago

Sandra J. Earley said: SORRY, but I DO NOT AGREE with your statement. I am MORE THAN QUALIFIED, for the posted positions, but, after "registering" with 5 or 6, I was NEVER sent on an interview nor contacted by them again!!!!! THE JOBS DO NOT EXIST AND NEVER HAVE!!!! Please see my last response for more indepth information. They are ALL fradulant!!!!!!

Do NOT use agencies unless they are very small and locally owned as those people tend to be more honest.

You do NOT need agencies to find you a job! Look at government sites and company websites directly. The agencies WANT you to think you MUST go thru them to get a job.

A in Centerport, New York

109 months ago

Even small agencies are crappy.
The only difference is they make you take less tests.
Apply directly, EVENTUALLY you will get a job!
(At least that's what happened to me. None of the 15 agencies I registered with got me one!!)

Sandra J. Earley

109 months ago

Funny how you should bring up "Government" sites. I just applied for 5 or 6 different jobs working for the Clerk & Comptroller's office. Each and every job description is the same. I initially applied, as I am very qualified, approximately 9 months ago. I received a telephone call, from someone from the office, advising that I was required to take a "test" given at the local unemployment office (I was working a temporary job at the time). I aced the test but NEVER heard from anyone again. No interview. No follow-up. Nothing. I then just kept applying every time I saw a posting. Again, I HEARD NOTHING. This time, I basically threatened to contact my local Senator if I do not hear from them (forwarded copy of my resume 5 or 6 times). I truely believe that, in this instance, I am not being descriminated against due to my age. I feel it is due to my race.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra J. Earley

109 months ago

A in Centerport, New York said: Even small agencies are crappy.
The only difference is they make you take less tests.
Apply directly, EVENTUALLY you will get a job!
(At least that's what happened to me. None of the 15 agencies I registered with got me one!!)

I did go to a "local" employment agency due to a weird situation that occurred. To make a long story short, I met the owner at Starbucks while I was waiting for the person who was going to interview me but never showed. When I arrived at the agency, the Office Manager told me that the "initial fee", for completing the paperwork, was $35.00. THEN, if I accepted a position which they referred me to, I would be required to pay THEM 10% of my gross income as a "finder's fee". Needless to say, I walked out. But.....the owner continues to call me.

Gudgrief in Las Vegas, Nevada

109 months ago

A "Body Shop" is a "Body Shop", is a "Body Shop" . . .

You take a contract job, you get paid by the hour for every hour you work, that's it! Anything else you can negotiate is in your hands.

Remember, a contract can be canceled at a moments notice.

Don't expect anything more than that.

TEKsystems is better than most.
The only thing they couldn't live up to was, "We'll keep you working."
Did I believe them? Not for a New York second.

Robert Half Technology
TEK Systems
Alegis Group
KForce
Manpower Professional
Modis
Omni Resources
Spherion
Technisource
Unicon Internation
Ajilon
Judge Group

Gudgrief in Las Vegas, Nevada

109 months ago

Headhunters, even the ones from the Far East with accents so thick you can't understand them, need to mine resumes from somewhere. The legitimate ones don't sell your info to spammers.

What world are you living in? "Recruiting" is a numbers game. the more resumes you can put in front of a potential employer quickly, the more likely you place one of your people. And, the commissions are outlandish.

A clever headhunter may find another gimmick to place more people, but, for most, it's purely a matter of volume.

What the good Dr. failed to realize is that competition AND the easy of accumulating resumes via Job Boards has led to the situation.

Apart from the obvious scammers, most of the companies listed are simply doing what the market demands.

Is it more effective than mailing hardcopy resumes all over the country or networking to the max? Some things work for some folks. Other things work for other folks.

Tom in Scottsdale, Arizona

109 months ago

That is a lie. They hit the lazy button all the time. Monkey management. Teksystems will try to cut you rates to increase their profits. No one in Arizona will work for them. They post the same jobs over and over. The screwed over too many people. Anyone that has too many bad posting can't be good. They are unethical, lie and have bad business practices. They are bottom dwellers. So are some of the clients and the associates you will work with. Be very careful Dr. Rosen is a liar and does not know what he is talking about.

These people from these firms work far more hours and with far more stress than you can imagine. The most stressfull part of many of your days is weather Lumburg is going to run off with your stapler or if the Teksystems, Technisource, Modis, KForce guy brought bagels for your team on Friday morning. The Account Managers and Recruiters are out there working for you and their customer to deliver the talent that their customer wants. Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose and YES there are a lot of turds in that industry but the companies themselves are striving to provide a good and needed service. They are in the one industry that has a product to sell, BUT the product can tell them and the customer NO I dont want to be sold to this client. Name one business that has to deal with that kind of stress and people problems and name one with more competitors.

IT people work sooooo hard. Please dude, ditch diggers, construction workers, military personnel, janitors, teachers and retail professionals all work far harder than you with WAAAYYYY less pay.

My guess is that this topic was started by an IT Professional who did a poor job on his/her last 8 jobs in the past 2 years and they are looking for someone else to blame other than themselves for not performing.[/QUOTE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

gudgrief in Las Vegas, Nevada

109 months ago

It's all true, the positive and the negative.

That's the way business is done today.

As an applicant, it's up to you to negotiate the best deal you can.
You are on your own.

Today, the only reasons to be a contractor are:
1. You have a special skill that pays way more as a contractor.
2. You are a difficult fit and all you can get is contract work.
3. You like a lot of changes of scenery.

As with the military, don't believe the recruiter bulls***.

seccityjen in Canton, Michigan

109 months ago

I just wanted to warn anyone about The Dako Group. Those people are worth NOTHING. They gave me no updates on my status, and 5 weeks later, I called the potential employer only to find out that they passed on me. The HR dept told the recruiter but she was just too busy to tell me I guess. These people are worthless. I guess if you want something done right you have to do it yourself...

108 months ago

seccityjen in Canton, Michigan said: I just wanted to warn anyone about The Dako Group. Those people are worth NOTHING. They gave me no updates on my status, and 5 weeks later, I called the potential employer only to find out that they passed on me. The HR dept told the recruiter but she was just too busy to tell me I guess. These people are worthless. I guess if you want something done right you have to do it yourself...

Most recruiters don't call you unless you are a fit for something they have. And you have to be a perfect fit or they won't hire you. If you find them not calling you, go find work independently.

Hard Working IT Gal in Franklin, Tennessee

108 months ago

Dr. Rosen in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania said: You have to be kidding me. IT Professionals work sooooo hard? You are overhead with the exception of those who are actually developing a software product to acutally go to market with which will make your company money. You have very short memories of 2000-2003 when you were begging for work and blaming the Staffing and Consulting firms for not getting you work when you were overpaid due to Y2K. WAY OVERPAID!

My guess is that this topic was started by an IT Professional who did a poor job on his/her last 8 jobs in the past 2 years and they are looking for someone else to blame other than themselves for not performing.

Excuse me, but you obviously are NOT an IT Professional and therefor you have no idea how hard we work and it has been determined that Mental labor is much more draining to the ENTIRE Body than physical labor. Do some homework!

we in Littleton, Colorado

108 months ago

Hard Working IT Gal in Franklin, Tennessee said: Excuse me, but you obviously are NOT an IT Professional and therefor you have no idea how hard we work and it has been determined that Mental labor is much more draining to the ENTIRE Body than physical labor. Do some homework!

Stop mis-leading potential employees with non-existent jobs...

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.