Just another name???

Comments (28)

John Smith in Mansfield, Ohio

102 months ago

Here's another great central Ohio head hunting firm. I haven't had to burn any vacation time to have a face to face with this one yet, but have had a couple of exciting phone interviews! Each time, the guy said he would submit my resume to his client. Each time, I haven't heard back. I've responded via email, and was told they haven't heard back yet.

I wonder if this company is associated with Robert Half?

PA guy in Elizabethville, Pennsylvania

102 months ago

John Smith said: Here's another great central Ohio head hunting firm. I haven't had to burn any vacation time to have a face to face with this one yet, but have had a couple of exciting phone interviews! Each time, the guy said he would submit my resume to his client. Each time, I haven't heard back. I've responded via email, and was told they haven't heard back yet.

Its a body shop. Recruiters dont follow up, benefits are terrible, and no they're not associated with Robert Half Technologies. RHT is a very good company... Their stock speaks for itself.

Rick in Denver in Aurora, Colorado

102 months ago

T-systems sucks. They make RH look good.

Bob in CA in Winnetka, California

102 months ago

John Smith said: Here's another great central Ohio head hunting firm. I haven't had to burn any vacation time to have a face to face with this one yet, but have had a couple of exciting phone interviews! Each time, the guy said he would submit my resume to his client. Each time, I haven't heard back. I've responded via email, and was told they haven't heard back yet.

Same thing happened to me. Interviewed, lots of hurry up and wait and then nothing......ever. I had to make calls to them to find out that the position was filled from within the company. I don't mind calling to follow up but leaving me hanging is inexcusable.

ron in San Diego, California

102 months ago

Bob in CA said:
Same thing happened to me. Interviewed, lots of hurry up and wait and then nothing......ever. I had to make calls to them to find out that the position was filled from within the company. I don't mind calling to follow up but leaving me hanging is inexcusable.

w
don't ever work with these guys

currently employed by them and i must say one thing, if you decide to go with them make sure you read not only the contract with them but also the contract betweenb them and the client because they claimed overtime to me but it turned out that between teksystems and the client their was a no 40+ hour policy and so i couldn't get overtime even though my contract with them states i can! they sucK! im stucK! ahh!!!!

JP in Minneapolis in San Francisco, California

102 months ago

I worked for TEK for a 2 months contract project and they were going to find me something after it was finished so I could roll into another project without any bench time. Well, they did and I ended up going with ComSys after the project ended. This project will last a year or more. I think TEK needs some helping their contractors get into other leads better. Just my opinion.

Robert Church in Bethesda, Maryland

102 months ago

I interviewed with TEK systems in Raleigh to work as a recruiter. I had more than enough experience for the job, and I was surprised to be asked back after the recuiter indicated problems with my background as a team player. He had no idea of the responsibility attorneys assume to clients. I didn't go back. A friend of mine has done quite well with the Company. TekSystems is owned by Steve Bischotti, who also owns the Baltimore Ravens. From what I know, it's a good company.

tireofagencies in Washington, District of Columbia

102 months ago

i worked for teksystem on term-to-perm
I was told it's a term -to-perm and so did the contract.
I went to cleint website and the position said 3months only. when i asked teksystem they said it's 3months temp -to- perm.
so nway i didn't have a job and needed money, i went along and started working. when i asked the client they said the position was a 3 months with possibility coming on board permanelty. so i stayed, 6weeks later the client drop the contract.

i gott screw.

nway teksystem is always calling me "we have submitted your resume to client for 2 months now"

J P in Newberg, Oregon

101 months ago

(*name removed) at the Porland branch submitted me to an opening. It was a good experience: he was professional and he provided statuses weekly. Good customer service and follow-up. Much better than many of the other firms I've worked with.

By the way, they don't get any worse than RHT.

Scott Davis in Corpus Christi, Texas

101 months ago

I had a problem with RHT on two ocassions. I got mad and wrote the CEO. RHI Chairman and CEO (*name removed) called me at my home less that a week later and we had a very interesting conversation. His regional VP called the next day. Very few 3.5 billion dollar companies have top brass that will show that much attention to detail. I'm impressed.

Cloudmaster in Lincoln, Illinois

101 months ago

I work through Tek in Central IL, and it's been a completely positive experience for the first year. I would recommend them to people (actually, I *have* recommended them), and plan to stay with them in the future. They've bent over backwards to make sure I'm happy with the position and the benefits. Some locations have bad recruiters, but taht just means they have a bad recruiter - not that the whole company generally is bad.

Yeah, you need to read your contract before signing up for a contract job. Duh.

Brad in Athens, Texas

101 months ago

Plain and simple, I would suggest working with another agency. I worked for them for a year,on a 90 day to hire contract no less, and they forgot about me. I had to ask the account manager if my recruiter was still with them. The company I worked at moved my contract to another region and I had to call TS instead of them calling me. They were that far out of touch with management. Keep in mind this was a MAJOR account in North Dallas. They told me they would contact the company and find out what was going on but they didn't. They were afraid to make the call b/c they may lose revenue. My job status was never part of their equation. I am a hiring manager and when i become employed once more, my first order of business will be removing them from the company if they have a presence.

Just a consultant in Kansas City, Missouri

101 months ago

ron said:
w
don't ever work with these guys
currently employed by them and i must say one thing, if you decide to go with them make sure you read not only the contract with them but also the contract betweenb them and the client because they claimed overtime to me but it turned out that between teksystems and the client their was a no 40+ hour policy and so i couldn't get overtime even though my contract with them states i can! they sucK! im stucK! ahh!!!!

You are not stuck, no matter what they tell you. Just because Tek-less systems has a contract stating the client doesn't pay overtime doesn't mean they get to shaft you. You need to save ___all___ of your timesheets which show more than 40 hours. You then need a lawyer familiar with department of labor regulations. They have to roll over. Challenging the suit will become a criminal offense with mandatory jail time.

Anonymous in Sarasota, Florida

101 months ago

I would absolutely advise anyone to avoid working for TekSystems. I recently finished (actually, it was cut short) a contract with them and throughout the 7 months that I was working/communicating with them, they blatently lied, intentionally mislead me in almost every aspect and during every step of the way. 22 out of 24 pay checks were paid incorrectly, terms of the contract changed at will and the written contract that I was provided was not relevant to the position, although I was coerced/forced into signing it any way. My contract has ended now (abruptly) over 2 weeks ago and no one from Tek has called (or returned any phone calls) to discuss further opportunities or to provide me any details of any sort. Phone calls go unreturned, issues pile up....an absolute disgrace. HIGHLY UNRECOMMENDED.

Anonymous in Hanover, Maryland

101 months ago

I am currently employed with Tek and it has been nothing but positive experience.

Anonymoos in Greenville, South Carolina

100 months ago

Teksystems partners with Aerotek. One is IT and the other is tech/mfg support. The TEksystems here told me my 6 year old A+ was dated and my year of being the one guy supporting a Novell network (over 250 hosts) was also dated experience. It doesn't matter that I can do the job.

The job market Y2k+ is like the 90s: can't get the job without the experience and vice-versa. All these places want someone else's pre-trained employees but are not willing to train themselves. And that experience had better be recent, buddy!

xxyy in Hanover, Maryland

100 months ago

I work for TEKsystems as a Recruiter and I just wanted to say that I'm sorry some of you have had bad experiences. Most of the tenured and experienced recruiters are good at following up and keeping candidates in the loop. I've worked for many other recruiting firms, and TEK by far has a better process for submitting candidates. RHI doesn't even bother to meet you in some cases, where at TEK, we HAVE to meet everyone prior to submittal.

MidwestWorker in Topeka, Kansas

100 months ago

I worked for them for about 3 hours. Almost everything the recruiter told me was a fabrication.

Neicey in Cleveland, Ohio

100 months ago

I must admit, they can be flaky sometimes. Overall, they are okay and are way times better then Robert Half. The experience I have had so far has been positive.

It's just that if you know the person you are working with is a flake, you have to maybe call a little more. I have friends who had great contacts.

thundrrd in Sacramento, California

100 months ago

Anonymous said: I would absolutely advise anyone to avoid working for TekSystems. I recently finished (actually, it was cut short) a contract with them and throughout the 7 months that I was working/communicating with them, they blatently lied, intentionally mislead me in almost every aspect and during every step of the way. 22 out of 24 pay checks were paid incorrectly, terms of the contract changed at will and the written contract that I was provided was not relevant to the position, although I was coerced/forced into signing it any way. My contract has ended now (abruptly) over 2 weeks ago and no one from Tek has called (or returned any phone calls) to discuss further opportunities or to provide me any details of any sort. Phone calls go unreturned, issues pile up....an absolute disgrace. HIGHLY UNRECOMMENDED.

How big was the gun they used to force you into signing a contract with them? You say how bad this company is and yet you are going back to them to try to get more jobs...huh? I take all these negative comments with a grain of salt, because I find that most times people in that are complaining are only giving you a small amount of the story, I'd love to hear the other side.

thundrrd in Sacramento, California

100 months ago

xxyy said: I work for TEKsystems as a Recruiter and I just wanted to say that I'm sorry some of you have had bad experiences. Most of the tenured and experienced recruiters are good at following up and keeping candidates in the loop. I've worked for many other recruiting firms, and TEK by far has a better process for submitting candidates. RHI doesn't even bother to meet you in some cases, where at TEK, we HAVE to meet everyone prior to submittal.
Just wanted to say that I've only recently contacted TEKsystems and the recruiter meet with me and wants to hire me for a position that starts next month doing helpdesk support at the GAP. He also sat down with me and showed me some ways to improve my resume - that were really good idea's - I've since made the changes (and already I've been getting more hits sending out my resume) and if something else doesn't come up job wise, I'll take the GAP job next month. I was also invited to, and attended, a Helpdesk Forum, put on by this same recruiter. He had the helpdesk managers from several companies at this forum (including the manager for the GAP) and had free food and drinks, and discussion about what managers are looking at when hiring for their helpdesk. I had the manager for Franklin Templeton ask me after the meeting to send him my resume (he said he isn't hiring, but will be shortly) and that he would contact TEKsystems if he can hire me (he said he does all his temp to hire through TEKsystems because they always do a great job for him). I think this actually shows a contract hiring company doing a lot more than just trying to get me a job. I'm sure that some people have problems with TEKsystems, but I bet it isn't the norm.

Anonymous in Sarasota, Florida

100 months ago

thundrrd, Congrats on your new job. It sounds like you had a excellent experience with Tek and that is good. That is only what I would have liked to have. I am sure (and we can see in this thread) that many people have had a similarly excellent experience working with them. I only posted to vent my anger and disgust in the experience that I had that was less than perfect. I was brought back to the US (I was working internationally) for a contract that in the end was not what was promised, in any shape or form. Now I have been left hanging. I can guarantee that I am NOT looking for any further work through Tek Dallas, and will be very cautious to take anything from any other Tek office. The 'GUN' was the same gun that got you - a promise of proper work, good pay and professionalism that one would expect from an agent. You took it and so did I. Sorry to say that mine shot me in the foot.

Susie in Lincoln, Nebraska

100 months ago

thundrrd said: Just wanted to say that I've only recently contacted TEKsystems and the recruiter meet with me and wants to hire me for a position that starts next month doing helpdesk support at the GAP. He also sat down with me and showed me some ways to improve my resume - that were really good idea's - I've since made the changes (and already I've been getting more hits sending out my resume) and if something else doesn't come up job wise, I'll take the GAP job next month. I was also invited to, and attended, a Helpdesk Forum, put on by this same recruiter... QUOTE]
I work for TEK in Nebraska. The experience has been OK, but not exceptional. About the only communication I have with them is what I initiate... except when I told them I was accepting another position and leaving my contract then suddenly they were my best friends and wanted to match the offer, etc., to get me stay. There is a clause in their contract about any unused vacation time not being paid -- which I think is not enforcable because of recent court rulings and it may be something others TEK-ers will want to investigate before contract end. Of course, TEK could be better at a lot of things, but they're certainly not the worst. They're recuiters afterall, not technical people, so it's up to prospective employees to ask lots of questions of them and the client company to get a real picture of any job under consideration.

Chop Waba

100 months ago

I have had very bad luck with this organization. They consistently offer low wages for travel positions with low or no PerDiem. These contracts must go to local people who can afford to stay where they are. I don't even send resumes to them anymore because it's a waste of time.

MD REALTOR in Baltimore, Maryland

91 months ago

Great experience with TEKSYSTEMS out of Colorado. My Husband is full time with a great company. Staff was wonderful. If the contract is temporary, it's because the company who is looking for the temp is not looking for a regular paid salary employee. This way they don't have to pay work related expenses. It's not always the temp companies. Also it gives the employer of the company a chance to see if you are a good fit for their company..Again not the Temp agencies fault. Market yourself and you'll keep the job.

openmic in Winston Salem, North Carolina

91 months ago

Like any other potential employer, you need to research your local TEK office. Some are good, some aren't. Unfortunately, in my area the local TEK office is not too good. They don't follow up after building you up about a job over the phone, and they have a lot of turnover -- it's easy to get forgotten because your original contact left the company and nobody followed up. Often their reps do not understand the job or company requirements so they cannot make a match. I've also had their reps pester me for job leads at the company that I'm working at (very unprofessional, and makes you look like the problem).

anonymous1966 in Cookeville, Tennessee

90 months ago

I was about to sing a contract with Teksystems but the contract stated different things than we verbally agreed upon. When I asked them to change it the recruiter asked me to trust him and use our email exchange as proof about what was promised verbally. However, once I sign a legally binding contract that email will not hold up so I am not sure what to do. It sounds odd to me and after reading all the comments here I am even more unsure. Any thoughts?

Careerboy in San Antonio, Texas

89 months ago

My advice would be not to sign it. When I was looking for a job in san antonio, I worked with tek systems. They could not arrange a single inteview for me. I was fortunate getting a job from a differewnt source. I have strong suspecion that teksystem back stabbed me on a job opportunity I applied. When I attended the technical interview from a company, the tek recruiter asked me the details and called them and I lost the job because of that.They are just after money

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.