Most dishonest

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

G in Austin, Texas

88 months ago

I worked with Teksystems here in Austin for a few months.

They are an obnoxiously dishonest company.

I'm not too worried about most of you having to deal with them because the opportunities they have seem to be very limited, but beware. Tek only views its contractors as income streams, so they are very good at telling you want you want to hear but not delivering.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Keller, Texas

88 months ago

I had the same experience with them,stay away from Teksystems they will mess you up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Cedar Park, Texas

88 months ago

Bill in Keller, Texas said: I had the same experience with them,stay away from Teksystems they will mess you up!

What bad experience did you have? Im trying to get a job through them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Truth in Trabuco Canyon, California

87 months ago

Curious? Is that why they are billionare dollar company? Their clients must hate them too. Its funny how you only see people posted here that dont have jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

E v in Vancouver, British Columbia

82 months ago

Same opinion working with them here in Canada - avoid working with these used-car type sales people!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ohioan in Ohio

81 months ago

TEKsystems treats you like a piece of meat. They chew you up and spit you out when the contract ends. My contract just ended with the client. TEK tried to deny my unemployment and is not looking for another position for me. There is no bench time with them. Get everything in writing - holidays & PTO & the policy for accruing and using PTO. When my contract ended TEK screwed me out of 61 hours of PTO. There are a lot of other consulting companies out there that treat the consultants like valuable employees and not just a widget.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fmp in philadelphia, Pennsylvania

79 months ago

i contracted thru TEKsystems for 9 months. I negotiated a great rate for myself, and felt very well taken care of. the account manager and recruiter both came to the client site constantly to take me out to lunch and bring breakfast for me and other contractors onsite. I left on my own accord for a full time position i found on my own that was closer to home; and received well wishes from TEKsystems.

The recruiter that I worked with emails and calls every few months, just to check in; not to pester me to leave where I am. I would recommend the office in Plymouth Meeting, PA to anyone looking for work in the PA/DE/NJ area. They are not just a body shop, they develop and maintain relationships with consultants.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ted Buchanan in Austin, Texas

77 months ago

Well I've got a good job. And used TekSystems in Los Angeles, CA. They were great to work with and they served me well. HOWEVER in Austin,TX the group is horrible. Lets say you get placed by them and work as a contractor for a client of there's for YEARS. Then when you decide to move on and try to use their services again. They drop you like you're Pluto. Moreover they'll tell you what you want to hear then stop all contact. If you call they won't return you call. If you email they don't respond. Remember they need you as much as they need the client (the client more). Its possibly due to Austin's oversturated pool of IT folks and limited places to work. If you come to Austin stay clear of Teksystems. And overall if you're planning to move to Austin for an IT career, Don't beleive the hype. And go to a bigger Texas City.
Note: Every Quarter Dell the Big IT employer here lays off 1000+.Both IT contractors and perm employees. Imagine looking for a Systems Admin job with 1000 others for maybe 10 open Austin positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Elk River, Minnesota

71 months ago

Hi Truth in CA, still have a job. Hope you do! Used to work for the sorry SOB's you do! Must admit it was good training I now own 7 health clubs in 3 states, but you are drinking the grape kool aid dude. Get a life, or by now it may be get a job huh??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

TEK Hater in Pennsylvania

66 months ago

I worked for TEK for 2.5 years: no raises, no sick days, no vacation, and then they just cut my pay $5000 and told me not to tell anyone, or it could be grounds for dismissal.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AL in Palo Alto, California

30 months ago

Jim in Cedar Park, Texas said: What bad experience did you have? Im trying to get a job through them.

I worked for Tek for 10 months. When I wanted to use the vacation time that I was "earning" the recruiter had no record of any vacation time. Another Tek employee was told that a test voucher for a required certification exam would be paid by Tek. He was never paid back.....Just watch yourself with this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ohioan in Ohio

30 months ago

I had the same situation in 2008 when my contract was not renewed. I posted my commnents here on Indeed and someone from the Chicago office told me to contact him. It took about 2 months but I finally got paid the 30 hours PTO that I had accrued.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sagsmith in Silver Spring, Maryland

26 months ago

I've worked with Teksystems for about 6 months now and I have never worked with a group of people that cares so much about my success. I'm not sure about individual recruiters and certain offices, but I can tell you that the Boston office only wants to place people somewhere they'd be happy. Most of the recruiters are actually friends with the consultants and have kept them employed for years. I assure you that we are not souless, but are actually just a bunch of young professionals trying to work hard and do good. I highly suggest you consider the masses rather than a few when insulting over 4000 individuals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

commentor in Hatboro, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

Ohioan in Ohio said: TEKsystems treats you like a piece of meat. They chew you up and spit you out when the contract ends. My contract just ended with the client. TEK tried to deny my unemployment and is not looking for another position for me. There is no bench time with them. Get everything in writing - holidays & PTO & the policy for accruing and using PTO. When my contract ended TEK screwed me out of 61 hours of PTO. There are a lot of other consulting companies out there that treat the consultants like valuable employees and not just a widget.

They take skilled, educated people and treat them like cattle. Anyone who interviewed with them would tell you that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.