Never work for TEKsystems Tampa, FL

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

anonymously in Spring Hill, Florida

91 months ago

Do not ever work for TEKsystems of Tampa, FL Dennis, Marsha, and Tyler will lie and do what ever they can to miss lead you. I have never been treated so badly by a company like this one. I will go on welfare before ever working for this staffing company again. Good luck if you decide to work for this one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (57) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Tampa,FL in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

I have worked for TEK several time in the past 10 years and have always found Dennis and Marsha a pleasure to work with. Sorry you had a bad experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

M Ruby in Tampa, Florida

89 months ago

anonymously in Spring Hill, Florida said: Do not ever work for TEKsystems of Tampa, FL Dennis, Marsha, and Tyler will lie and do what ever they can to miss lead you. I have never been treated so badly by a company like this one. I will go on welfare before ever working for this staffing company again. Good luck if you decide to work for this one.

Sounds like the words of broke people blaming others for there situation, instead of taking responsibility for it!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

JP in Las Vegas, Nevada

88 months ago

I have worked through aerotek and am going to again, with direct placement, always nice and very helpful to me, and.. Im in tampa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Livonia, Michigan

88 months ago

I would have to agree with anonymously in Spring Hill, Florida. I am in Michigan and HAD so many problems with Tek Systems, including not receiving reimbursement for some travel expense back in DECEMBER of 2006, being told I hadn't "earned" vacation when on jury duty (which they did not pay for) and learning I ahd earned 2 days of vacation...but they told me that after I gave my notice. Not to mention, now receiving bills that I was told were covered and receiving my new insurance cards while no longer working for them. My next step is in the legal direction. TekSystems will tell you what you want to hear....until it's time for them to pay up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in California in Oakdale, California

88 months ago

I had very good success with Teksystem. Always got paid on time. No problems

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Hollywood, Florida

87 months ago

Michelle in Livonia, Michigan said: I would have to agree with anonymously in Spring Hill, Florida. I am in Michigan and HAD so many problems with Tek Systems, including not receiving reimbursement for some travel expense back in DECEMBER of 2006, being told I hadn't "earned" vacation when on jury duty (which they did not pay for) and learning I ahd earned 2 days of vacation...but they told me that after I gave my notice. Not to mention, now receiving bills that I was told were covered and receiving my new insurance cards while no longer working for them. My next step is in the legal direction. TekSystems will tell you what you want to hear....until it's time for them to pay up!

I had both good and bad experience. In the past, they helped me with finding full time position. I had no problem. When I started working as Contractor thru Tek, I came to know their real face. All they care about is them making money. They lie and they are not professionals. Be cautious with them. There are too many fraud recruiters and sales people at Tek.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Airborne in Spring Hill, Florida

84 months ago

I have to agree with most of the people that are saying negative things about Tek Systems here. I was with them when I lived in Michigan, and I was able to find a bit of work, but then of course, they can't get anything when the contract expires. They expect you to just be ok with them not getting back to you, and in general acting like a bunch of sneaky back stabbers.
I moved 1200 miles from Michigan to the Tampa Florida area with the double talk from them that I would have something immediately, and that they always had great things in store for someone with my qualifications. I uprooted my family, moved my kids from a great house and location, and changed everything in my life I have been here for 6 weeks so far, and they haven't found anything of quality. The one job that they did try and find me, I did more for myself then they ever did, and the company was going belly up and laid off 12,000 people nationwide.
Needless to say, I have been continuously looking elsewhere since I got here and I am glad that I didn't put all of my eggs in the Tek Systems basket. I applied with another company and within a week they had a job for me. It might be less than what I want to make right now, but at least they got me something.
For those here that are saying positive things about Tek, and I betting they work in the office and need to try and make themselves look better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FedUp in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

Airborne, I'm sorry you are going through that. I hope things get better for you. I was promised many things by TekSystems and was then laid off by the company I was contracted to. After that TekSystems said they had nothing for me. I called them every week for months on end, with nothing. They don't care about anyone but themselves and cashing in on their customers.

The office here in Chicago is just awful! They flat out do not care! I also agree that most of the positive comments on them probably come from their own employees.

TekSystems! You are backstabbing, good for nothing, money hungry jerks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

WT F in Charlotte, North Carolina

84 months ago

Otis and Justin are the two best TekSystems employees.

REPRESENT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Omega in Charlotte, North Carolina

84 months ago

Worked for Tek Tampa 4 months and already been promoted twice in position and highly in pay rate. Dennis is cool you just have to be a smart person not an Idiot........or you will be taken advantage of.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

WTF2 in Chicago, Illinois

84 months ago

WTF, You must be Otis or Justin. Your company is terrible!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Bourne in Minneapolis, Minnesota

84 months ago

Wow great advice Omega. What are you 12?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Bourne in Minneapolis, Minnesota

84 months ago

Again Omega you show your age. Thank you for proving my point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mayor Curley in Land O Lakes, Florida

82 months ago

M Ruby,

Hi, John Curley here. Just stumbled across your post here on the internet.

Please drop a good word in with MC for me!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and all is going great.

John

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lexi W in Valrico, Florida

80 months ago

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I think highly of Teksystems and Dennis was always good to me. I worked three years for the same customer, I got my raises and vacation. They The company had to lay me off, and Dennis was able to find me another position, it took a couple months, but they did come through for me. This new company ended up hiring me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

getting truth out in Woodbridge, New Jersey

79 months ago

Hey Ladies!! Want to work for a company where you out work any male employee only to have them stare at your chest instead of promote you? How about having to pay for all client meals to get late reimbursment checks. Or even better how about doing the bosses job and he takes credit for it? This company will work you into the ground not promote you, lie, steal your ideas, and much more. Do you know one of the requirements as a female to getting hired is being attractive? Employees have said they will not hire females that are overweight and not attractive. Yea this is a great company to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jabin in Phoenix, Arizona

60 months ago

anonymously in Spring Hill, Florida said: Do not ever work for TEKsystems of Tampa, FL Dennis, Marsha, and Tyler will lie and do what ever they can to miss lead you. I have never been treated so badly by a company like this one. I will go on welfare before ever working for this staffing company again. Good luck if you decide to work for this one.

Those of you who have not figured out who Teksystems is are blind. They are ripping every tech off who will sign with them and are even trying to control the IT market. They pray on those who are out of work and down on their luck similar to a arms force recruiter. I don't need to explain to anyone or read anything about this terrible company. I already know first hand how they treat hard workers. If they haven't screwed you yet just beware its coming and after you have signed one of their contracts which basically takes away all your rights as a worker in the USA there isn't a dam thing you can do about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Football_Junkie in Springfield, Missouri

44 months ago

If you think TEK is so bad, maybe it's you and not TEK. I worked there for 4 years and had a very positive experience. Anyone who didn't like Dennis must have some other issues going on because Dennis is the best recruiter I've ever worked with.

Check out the link below:
www.teksystems.com/About-TEKsystems/Press-Release-News-10253.aspx

Hanover, Md. – September 29, 2010 – TEKsystems, the nation’s leading technology staffing and services company, was named to Inavero’s 2010 Best of Staffing™ list for achieving a level of candidate satisfaction that outpaces the industry standard by more than three times. This list is the only award that recognizes providers for exceptional service to consultants. Inavero uses the Net Promoter ScoreÒ (NPS) methodology to define the staffing industry’s elite leaders in service quality and commitment to candidate satisfaction.

Out of 6,000 staffing firms in North America, less than one percent (only 28 firms) were recognized with the “Best of Staffing” distinction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Ohioan in Ohio

44 months ago

Here are more details from the Press Release:
To qualify, Inavero surveyed thousands of consultants placed on assignment within the prior three months and analyzed responses to determine satisfaction levels.

"prior three months" - that's the catch. Why didn't they interview consultants that haven't been placed or have been working for TEKsystems for longer than 3 months. I bet the responses would not be so favorable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Football_Junkie in Springfield, Missouri

44 months ago

Still, to be in the top 28 out of more than 6,000 clearly states that as an overall company, TEKsystems is doing things right. Sure, they can't help everyone and some people may feel like they were taken advantage of. But you have to remember, as much as they want to help everyone, they are still a business and must provide the best possible candidate for each position, and there is only 1 "best fit" for each position while there are over 100 candidates that apply for each position, on average.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Tekcraptems in Goose Creek, South Carolina

42 months ago

I will comment on contracts... I have worked for quite a few contract companies.. Teksystems is the worst.. For the amount of money they collect from clients, they should be able to provide better benefits. I worked for a company called Modis Professional Services.. I got 45% of the rate.. Plus, I got a 401K, stock options, full medical, dental, vision.. 2 weeks of vacation and sick leave. As much money as Teksystems makes on their clients, they can afford to provide those benefits.. BUT THEY DO!!! If you work in the office. The office employees (recruiters, office people, etc) has better benefits then the contractor in the field who are the ones actually working and making them money.. Also, while I worked for them (3 years), they would never call me or see me or anything.. I got hurt on the job and had to go to the ER.. I filled out the paperwork and stuff.. They never paid it and I ended up paying for it.. Out of my own pocket.. The client wasn't happy when they found out.. Yeah, Teksystems is a major POS company.. I do understand that a company needs to make money.. But still.. Take care of the people that makes you money..We, the contractor in the field, is what are the first contact with the clients.. Most of us are super nice because we are trying to convince the client to hire us on direct so we can get away from Teksystems..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.