Payment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

PN in Schaumburg, Illinois

91 months ago

Hi consultants,

Could you please suggest me how to get the payment from a vendor. This guy is holding part of the payments saying that the client didnt paid. I know that the client paid.

Can I contact client directly. Am I supposed to do that.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TEKisterrible in Centerport, New York

91 months ago

Your contract is with them, not the Client. Check your contract to make sure that you did not agree to a "paid when paid" clause. Then, talk to lawyer and see if you have any lien rights. Depending on the type of work you did, the client will not be very happy if you place a lien.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rick Davis in San Clemente, California

91 months ago

PN said: Hi consultants,
Could you please suggest me how to get the payment from a vendor. This guy is holding part of the payments saying that the client didnt paid. I know that the client paid.
Thank you
Generally it is a super no no. BUT, if you have skillz that the client needs you can let them know and they could/should leverage that vender to make things right. Or they may suggest an approved vendor for you to do work for. I know that TEKsystems pays weekly regardless if they get paid. I have not had an issue with them, so if they are approved you might reach out. At least it might light a fire underneath your current PIMP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Thousand Oaks, California

91 months ago

TEK is terrible. It pays less and they only work with their approved vendors in H1B cases. They are the worst company i everworked for . Funny part is it is one of the biggest consulting companies. I dont think it will be the same way if TEK follows the same policies

deb in Rochester, New York

91 months ago

PN said: Hi consultants,
Thank you

I had this happen to me in NY, not TEK systems. I contacted the Labor Board about it and had my money two weeks later. no lawyer. look up the laws and get in touch with your states labor board.

Anonymous in Aurora, Illinois

90 months ago

If your a W2 contractor, Federal and State Laws protect you because you are a temporary employee of TEK Systems or other vendors and they in turn lease you out to the client. Being a W2 means you WILL be paid no matter what.

If your a 1099 or corp to corp contractor, then you have the right to file collection actions or law suit against the firm your agreement is with. I have seen mechanics liens being placed on the assets of these firms, but normally they are resolved out of court. Depending upon how much is owed, it may or may not be advantageous to file the suit because of the cost to do it. Consider putting into the clause binding arbitration to settle disputes should they arise and a far cheaper method than outright litigation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bdubbu in Anderson, South Carolina

32 months ago

deb in Rochester, New York said: I had this happen to me in NY, not TEK systems. I contacted the Labor Board about it and had my money two weeks later. no lawyer. look up the laws and get in touch with your states labor board.

I am having problems getting paid from Teksystems. I have not been paid in 2 weeks because they erroneously sent my direct deposit to someone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.