TEK Systems Cuts Your Pay

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

tekhater in Pennsylvania

84 months ago

I worked for TEK Systems, for a cell phone company, for almost 3 years. No raises, no vacation, no sick days. THEN...they just cut my pay $5000.00. When they did this, they said: "Don't tell your manager, don't tell the cell phone company, and don't tell any other contractors." They blamed the cell phone company for the cuts. I found out, the cell phone company didn't cut anything to them, and I found out that TEK cut all the contractors I know the same 7-8%, and gave them the same exact speech: "Don't tell anyone".

I am looking to get out of TEK, with another contractor company. I would NOT recommend TEK Systems to anyone.

If anyone here works for TEK and recently had their pay cut 7-8%, please post here!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tekhater in Pennsylvania

84 months ago

Also, I contacted a different contracting company that employs people for this cell phone company, and they said there was NOTHING about any pay cuts. It was "made up" by TEK. More money for TEK! "Don't tell anyone".

Also, they have benefits that are astronomical. $1,000/month for two people: me and my wife.

So: they cut your pay, no raises, no sick days, no vacations, and astronomicallly priced "benefits"!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

tekhater in Pennsylvania

84 months ago

TEK Hater in Pennsylvania said: Also, I contacted a different contracting company that employs people for this cell phone company, and they said there was NOTHING about any pay cuts. It was "made up" by TEK. More money for TEK! "Don't tell anyone".

Also, they have benefits that are astronomical. $1,000/month for two people: me and my wife.

So: they cut your pay, no raises, no sick days, no vacations, and astronomicallly priced "benefits"!

Also, like in other TEK threads I read, I also started as a "6 month to hire" contract. Almost 3 years later, still working for TEK. I never saw any TEK person "live" for over the first year, basically they could not have existed. They just collected their profit check off my back for doing absolutely nothing, didn't give me any raises for 2.5 years, and then cut my pay $5000 and told me not to tell anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

christopherlopinto in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

TEK Hater in Pennsylvania said: I worked for TEK Systems, for a cell phone company, for almost 3 years. No raises, no vacation, no sick days. THEN...they just cut my pay $5000.00. When they did this, they said: "Don't tell your manager, don't tell the cell phone company, and don't tell any other contractors." They blamed the cell phone company for the cuts. I found out, the cell phone company didn't cut anything to them, and I found out that TEK cut all the contractors I know the same 7-8%, and gave them the same exact speech: "Don't tell anyone".

I am looking to get out of TEK, with another contractor company. I would NOT recommend TEK Systems to anyone.

If anyone here works for TEK and recently had their pay cut 7-8%, please post here!

If they were so bad, why not quit? This is not Cuba...you are allowed to quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

jabin in Phoenix, Arizona

80 months ago

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois said: If they were so bad, why not quit? This is not Cuba...you are allowed to quit.

You too? I had the same thing happen to me here in AZ. Things are even worse than this. I am out of a job and can't work for any company for a year because of their contract that should be illegal in itself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jabin in Phoenix, Arizona

80 months ago

Christopher Lo Pinto in Chicago, Illinois said: If they were so bad, why not quit? This is not Cuba...you are allowed to quit.

What the heck does Cuba have to do with this. This company makes you sign a contract that will make you misserable if you quit. They pray on bad times like now and those who are down on their luck. Your right this is not Cuba it's the USA and we don't appreciate company's such as Teksystems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tired in Winston Salem, North Carolina

61 months ago

Although this thread is old, Tek is still manipulating pay. A buddy was promised $15 per hour and at least 40 hours per week, with "overtime at time-and-a-half very likely". After a couple of regular weeks he got scheduled (and worked) 50 hours in one week. But he didn't get any overtime pay. When he complained, they made him take some time off and then manipulated his time cards to show only 40 hours each week. He told them that they couldn't do that or he'd file a complaint with the State Labor Board. So they fired him. Lawsuits are pending.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.