TEKsystems News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does TEKsystems stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Bud in Durham, North Carolina

113 months ago

They are just another temp help agency. No more, no less

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

IT PMP in Rochester, Michigan

112 months ago

They will expand their operations if they keep getting more new projects..anyone is aware of new projects?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim Sim

112 months ago

One of the worse Placement/Pimping companies to work for. I have been at 4 over the past 10 years and the benefits suck at this company in comparison to others. Plus I believe salaries or hourly rate is in the 25-50 percentile range of salaries. You can find better

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rick Davis in San Clemente, California

112 months ago

Jim Sim said: One of the worse Placement/Pimping companies to work for. I have been at 4 over the past 10 years and the benefits suck at this company in comparison to others. Plus I believe salaries or hourly rate is in the 25-50 percentile range of salaries. You can find better
If the rate is what it is, than you have the choice not to be submitted or take it. No one is forcing you to take a job for a rate you don't agree to. Chances are if one firm has the position there are others that have it to, so find the position with someone else who will pay your desired rate. What's the big deal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EH

111 months ago

Why is it the "host" only asks questions that are applicable for where you are actually going to work? This isn't really applicable for a contract agency. Once your contract is up, you can go elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

-indeedhost in Austin, Texas

111 months ago

The questions are automatically generated to start discussion. What questions would you like to see asked about this kind of agency?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tek Employee in Cedar Park, Texas

110 months ago

You should try 1099 independent contract work. Why do you need a placement agency? You should have plenty of contact to get your next gig. Why ask for help from the experts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Scottsdale, Arizona

110 months ago

They are struggling in Arizona. They have screwed over most of the people they have hired. Their posting never change. Anyone that has any ethics or morals has quit. They like to cut you rates a few months into the contract to boost manager bonuses and profits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Geeyore in Washington, District of Columbia

109 months ago

Jim Sim said: Plus I believe salaries or hourly rate is in the 25-50 percentile range of salaries. You can find better
This is true in my experience with them. They do pay less, and I speculate it's because they low-bid the client.

It's easy to figure the Tel algorithm to pay hourly contracts: scan the "careers" sections of a few businesses in your area (not recruiter sites). Hopefully they'll post a salary or salary range (split the difference if they provide a range).

Now divide that number by 2,000 annual hours. Bingo, you're now close to Tek's hourly bid number for W2 contract work. Skim Tek's 33 percent vig, and that's pretty darned close to what they'll offer to hourly contractors. So that $120K salaried position is Tek's $60/hour bid to the company, and they'll be out to fill the position at $40/hour to the contractor.

Good contract recruiters (there aren't a lot of them) recognize the periodic nature of contract work, and that contractors pay for their own vacation, holidays, insurance, retirement, and other stuff. So they either (a) increase the rate for contractors, if that's what the client wants, or (b) take a smaller percentage of the hourly rate. Usually it's some of both, and none of this is carved in stone.

Tek's approach is to exploit the contractor by bidding low on the job, and taking their fixed percentage from the contractor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dakota in Charles City, Virginia

109 months ago

If Tek is so bad, why do they have such a good portion of the market share?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

peter in Las Vegas, Nevada

109 months ago

They really don't have the lions share! if you look at the technology standard report (Telephony magazine, issue 23, 2007)You will see that Tek Systems is in the lower half of all recuiting companies that log and keep personnel a year or longer. If you want a good recruiter that is consistant in the market, Take a look into " Volt Technologies", This company has the highest overall rate for hiring and keeping people employed for long term contracts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Truth in Trabuco Canyon, California

105 months ago

TEKsystems is a billion dollar company my friend. Money they make weekly of contractors is over 25 mill.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

williampowell in Collingswood, New Jersey

97 months ago

Pimps... that is just the term I have been looking for
to describe these pompous assanine recruiting agencies that
are f**kin up america.. Too Much outsourcing to compensate for the boneheaded programmers that are milking companies thru underground corporate circles....
nice term...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Presley Elvis in New Hill, North Carolina

96 months ago

I gratefully used Tek Systems to find a job in a very difficult job market. I was unable to get one directly in the time needed. If you can get employment without a job sourcing agency then by all means do so. I do not like the skimming of my salary for little in return, but I am grateful that they got me a job. Actually, I love reading these blogs so I can be reminded of how stupid most of you are or just young and dumb. In any event. Try going unemployed for 6 months while you have kids and see if you can then bad mouth a temp agency or any other source.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

danny_byrd in Raleigh, North Carolina

95 months ago

Why use a staffing company at all? As I'm sure you already know staffing companies take a monumental amount of the rate they are billing you out at. I work at Rothwell International based out of Raleigh, and we assist contractors that have the ability to find their on project. We can be of assistance in that regards but not to the degree of a traditional staffing company. Rothwell International is completely transparent with all invoicing rates with both the client company and the client contractor. Rothwell is not a staffing company, we do not have the enormous overhead that traditional staffing companies have and we do not have the added expense of commissioned recruiters, therefore we do not work off or margins. Rothwell will function solely as the employer of record providing basic invoicing, tax preparation, workers compensation, competitive benefit plans, and major tax benefit deductions that will increase your monthly income. The savings Rothwell presents to its clients easily pays for the Rothwell service fee, so not only do you increase your monthly income but you will have the added luxury of having all of the benefits of a W-2 employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ITContractor in United Kingdom

55 months ago

I have never 'seen red' so many times in all my years of contracting, and I rarely 'see red'. Is this the way of things to come or is this just TekSystems? Myself and my colleagues are being completely screwed by the Umbrella company that I have been forced to use. We have objected extremely strongly to this and the alternative Umbrella is just as extortionate. I have also been told that I cannot use a ltd company either and that again I would have to use their 'compliant' payroll company. I have a strong suspicion that these pimps are taking a cut off the finance firms too. I have no intention of using TekSystems again after this contract.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.