Teksystems lies

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (38)

JC in Kingsport, Tennessee

97 months ago

I started a 6 month contract to hire with teksystems about a year ago. Kept getting the run around about not being hired. I have never seen tek offer a direct to hire position, and it isn't in their best interest to get you off their payroll and into a real job. The longer you contract through them the more you pad their pockets. I sincerely believe they negotiate their pricing and offer incentives to keep a person on a contract basis. My heartfelt advice to anyone out there that is considering one of these contract to hire positions is. Don't actually expect to be hired your best course of action is if you don't currently have a job take it and look for a perm position, unless your just wanting to get some experience in the field. Just my personal feelings and experience dealing with tek if they don't honor a written contract definately don't believe what they say and avoid them unless you are in desperate need of a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

emaN rouY in Knoxville, Tennessee

97 months ago

JC -- That is SOP with these SOBs. They lied to me and lied to me. I interviewed for a perm position and then on the day I show up, it was now a CTH position! They are nothing but a bunch of AHs, thieves, liars and scum. I will never work with any of them again. Just my opinion, of course

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dave

97 months ago

Teksystems lies lies and lies! they took over the contract for a large private brokerage firm I was working 4 years for. They talk a big game, but when you need them they are no where to be found.

They will line their pockets first and they could CARE LESS WHO THEY SCREW OVER! They leave you with nothing and let us think we should be thanking them for having a job! You work hard and they benefit from it.

NEVER GO TO TEKSYSTEMS!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

E v in Vancouver, British Columbia

89 months ago

*DON'T WORK FOR TEK*, even if they offer the only job left in the world - they're just think about their commission and nothing else!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ohioan in Ohio

88 months ago

"They will line their pockets first and they could CARE LESS WHO THEY SCREW OVER! They leave you with nothing and let us think we should be thanking them for having a job! You work hard and they benefit from it."

I totally agree with this comment. I got my position through an insider but naively used TEK as my recruiting company. TEK took all the credit for finding me the position. After 1 year, I spent 3 weeks fighting for a 60 cent rate increase & 10 PTO days. The account manager said she was very generous. I was at the site doing the work but TEK did not want to give me anything in return. When my contract ended TEK screwed me out of the PTO time I had not used. Among the many consulting companies used at the client site, TEK treated its consultants the worst.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Bourne in Minneapolis, Minnesota

88 months ago

Ohioan - I had similar experiences with them about 4 years ago. I now work for a great company and I am a manager. Just last week I had a recruiter from TEKSystems contact me to see if they could help with any recruiting needs we may need. As much as I wanted to tell them to go to hell, I was professional and explained that we did not require their services as we are contracted through another firm.

I would NEVER take a job with TEKSystems, be it full-time or part-time, with the promise of being hired on in 6 months (standard TEK BS!).

Their interests are in making a buck for themselves and their poorly run company. They hire attractive, young women to recruit and then you get the rug pulled out from under you when they reap all the benefits and take the credit, but yet they have no interest in you! It's their pockets they care about.

WE DON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

It's great that you want to try to salvage your company's reputation but as someone who did work for your company, in Chicago no less, I had first hand experience with the empty promises and half-truths your co-workers dished out. I am not going to name names here, as it is inappropriate, but these individuals made it a habit of not sharing information or being upfront when asked point-blank about the status of our contract.

It's always better to say you do not know the answer to a question, rather than lie about it. Your rep in Chicago was extremely unprofessional and was never available when we needed her. I understand that your company does not make the decision on temp to hire. But one thing you should never do or allow is pass on misinformation. We know it comes down to the client, but when you do not show any support or interest in the people you place, who work extremely hard for the small amount of money we made, it tells us how little you value us.

I did some digging and found out just how much money your company made off of the three of us in Chicago. While we made next to nothing, you reap the benefits and accolades. After all is said and done you were done with us after the client decided to not continue the contract. We all called your offices hoping to get placed elsewhere and were told to call again in a few weeks. A few weeks? We don't have a few weeks, we need and want and desire to keep working and we are left with unemployment; not for a lack of trying very hard I might add. Phone call messages go unanswered, emails never are replied to. I could go on and on about it all.

Tell you what, give us your information and I would be more than happy to share with you all of the misfortunes I experienced with your Chicago office. Are you still on Canal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TEK Employee in Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

Tell you what, give us your information and I would be more than happy to share with you all of the misfortunes I experienced with your Chicago office. Are you still on Canal?

Yes, please call me to discuss at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at ext.7717. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

TEK Employee in Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

Their interests are in making a buck for themselves and their poorly run company. They hire attractive, young women to recruit and then you get the rug pulled out from under you when they reap all the benefits and take the credit, but yet they have no interest in you! It's their pockets they care about.

WE DON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!

In case you no longer have our main number, it is 312-879-8080 and I can be reached at ext. 7717. Hope to hear from you soon and I look forward to the opportunity to address your previous experiences with us. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Presley Elvis in New Hill, North Carolina

86 months ago

I am just beginning a business relationship with Teksystems and, I have so far been pleased with their professionalism. I have not been lied to or let on. They have provided exactly what they said they would from day 1. I have accepted an offer and will be working for the job they placed me at very shortly. This is the first job they got me an interview for, and it worked out. I may be lucky.

But, doesn't it always come down to the person or individual that is assisting you in this process? Most of the time, I think that it does. If you are getting a house built by a great builder (by name only) and the superintendent is weak...you house will be sub par and visa a versa. Although, I do realize that a companies culture does infect its staff for good or bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Do you know if Teksystems gets a bonus if you are hired on a permanent basis? I believe they do, but correct me if I am wrong because I am not 100% sure. I know they get the cream of the top of your salary, but I was told by others (not teksystems directly) that they get a sizable bonus if you get permanent position in the process. I also heard that because of this LARGE bonus tek receives actually hurts you getting the perm. position due to the actual company that is hiring....not tek systems????

I do wish you the best though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ohioan in Ohio

86 months ago

Good luck! I hope you have EVERYTHING in writing icluding your pay rate, PTO time, holiday pay, overtime rate, etc. Also get a copy of the company policy regarding the accruing and using of PTO time, and what happens to it if you end your employment with TEK. Do not take their word for anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

TEK Employee in Chicago, Illinois said: All-

Thank you for your information. Can you please tell me if Teksystems normally gets a bonus if one of their contract to hire does indeed get the permanent position? It was my understanding that they do which would lead me to conclude that is really in Teksystems best interest to help us get that perm. pos. However, it may in fact hurt the hiring company directly to fork over a lump sum that they may not be budgeted for. I respect your insight. Could you please provide a bit more feed back on your knowledge of successes and denials and what those details are. Lets assume for arguments sake that the client for teksystems is qualified and that he has really done a good job. I have a feeling from the tone of most of these e-mails that the temp worker is not the upstanding employee they think they might be. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

TEKsystems rep in Madison, Wisconsin

86 months ago

In most cases TEKsystems would NOT get any sort of financial bonus if you go perm with one of their clients after a contract(the only way that would happen is if you started as a perm employee right off the bat, then TEK would get a % fee like any other company).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Mason in Maryville, Tennessee

84 months ago

I have been in work with both Knoxville, Chattanooga, and Nashville TEK systems offices. I have been referred on 10 jobs, with 0 interviews. Staying in contact on weekly basis is useless. Its a numbers game, giving you the impression they have your interest at heart. Everytime I ask for an update, either the job closed or like the last time...well, they wanted you but they already met their year end budget. Why would they contact TEK if they did not have the budgeted money? Knoxville's office is even more useless...emails, calls, etc. go unoticed for weeks on end. Only to be replied with an unacceptable response. My favorite is when they go to represent you in front of a client...they forget your skills or experience...especially after speaking with you numerous times and having your file. For those of you looking for a real job, don't put your faith in these guys or:

Express Personnel
Appleone
Manpower

I called one of these agencies to speak about a job on their webboard and the operator told me " now is not a good time " can you call back later?

Appleone ---you go in for a job on their website and they never discuss it with you? My rep stopped talking to me only to find out she was promoted to the California office without transferring my account? Her replacement was to call me two days in a row...never did...finally I emailed her and got this response:

I am on the phone or in front of someone all day long. So e-mail is good. I will submit you for consideration. If you don't hear back from me in a couple of days, the client did not express interest in extending an interview

I have a bachelors degree with 10 years of corporate and management experience in Project and personnel management. Cannot find job 1.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mattie in Duluth, Georgia

76 months ago

Manpower is know to honor "white" females only when they have jobs that are in the mid 30's. WE are reporting the bogus mortgage company that they work with in Alpharetta, Ga, Which is not a mortgage company But! a mail out station that has temps to sign legal documents as VP's & Senior VP's. I wonder what the Federal Trade Commissioner will say about this! With all the Fraud that is going on, I think I we will alert them! look to hear something very soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mattie in Duluth, Georgia

76 months ago

"SHOWNETS"
Cummings GA
Watch out for this company they do not honor any signed agreements! Do not waste your time to interview with them!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Keeshond in Thompsons Station, Tennessee

76 months ago

Teksystems is absolutely worthless. I have never gotten anywhere with them, and it's the same for Robert Half. The people they hire to recruit have no idea about the industries for which they're screening candidates. These two companies are nothing about providing quality staffing, but they're everything about hiring cheap help and trying to do volume business with their clients. Just keep that revolving door spinning! If a client actually gets a good candidate, it's a good day to get a lottery ticket. There are so many good people out there, and it amazes me these people manage to find the worst, both internally for themselves and externally for their "valued" customers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Afterthis in Chicago, Illinois

76 months ago

I have to agree, I have dealt with them, and it is nothing but a waste of your time and money (yes, money as these "so-called" professionals are taking up your value time, which does have a dollar value).
Nothing but liars; never got a job through these bottom. I have wasted so much time, be it the BS that is fed to you, the low balling for jobs that you know as a statement of fact should pay more, or the bogus ads that are run on several job boards at once.
I have gotten all my jobs directly, although in this economy, I was looking through Teksystems, and wow, I mean, just wow, the pure and utter nonsense.
I remember last month, I got an interview myself for a huge corporation, and the manager of the IT Dept. told me during the interview about how these low lifes call them all the time, trying to sell their services. He told me flat out he just doesn't return these calls. Also, and probably most people know this by now, he said 95% of those ads you see online are either jobs that never existed or were filled already, but are kept online or re-posted to get names to fill databases.
I will not give my references to these people either, been there, done that. I apologized to one of my references (luckily I was on good terms with him), as they kept nagging him for business. He let me use him as a reference; as I had asked him first, but I didn't know they would try to leech business from him.
This, and when I was interviewing on my own also; they always asked me for places I have already interviewed with, or places where I was in the process of interviewing. Sure, I am going to sabotage a legitimate job so you can call these people are be the bottom feeders that you truly are. There is no way I would tell them where I was interviewing on my own. I have heard the excuse that they need this so we don't "bump heads" and they don’t want to place in an interview where I have already interviewed. Bulls**t, I wouldn't trust these people as far as I can throw them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TEK Hater in Pennsylvania

74 months ago

I worked for TEK for 2.5 years: no raises, no sick days, no vacation, and then they just cut my pay $5000 and told me not to tell anyone, or it could be grounds for dismissal...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

TEK Hater in Pennsylvania said: I worked for TEK for 2.5 years: no raises, no sick days, no vacation, and then they just cut my pay $5000 and told me not to tell anyone, or it could be grounds for dismissal...

Time to call the Better Business Bureau!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TEKSYSTEMSSUCKS in Sterling, Virginia

72 months ago

Jason Bourne in Minneapolis, Minnesota said:

Those a** munches don't care about your misfortunes. Your misfortunes are what make their fortune. You are nothing to them but a cheeseburger that they sell to the client.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

clevenger in Austin, Texas

69 months ago

This just happened. The TekSystems d-ouches sent me on an interview, then used my interview briefing to get a second candidate in and hired. Not only that, the 14 year old b-itch that I worked with here in AUSTIN treated me like I'm retarded. I'm a PMP with a Master's degree.... OMG.... NEVER again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Project Manager 2009 in Chicago, Illinois

69 months ago

Its funny the people that come on here and bash TEKsystems. The fact of the matter is that they are an extremely professionally run organization. I have had very pleasant experience. I believe you would find a correlation between the people complaining and lack of talent. I truly believe people have a grudge towards TEK because they deal with the TOP IT talent in the market. Food for thought if you dislike TEK so much take a look in the mirror because odds are you not a talented resource. Good luck to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

clevenger in Austin, Texas

69 months ago

The "TekSystems is so professional..." post has TekSystems recruiter stank all over it. Who do you think you are fooling.... Everyone knows your games. Get a real job, you unprofessional idiot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

fckTEK in Rolling Meadows, Illinois

55 months ago

I detest TEK Systems. They're all a bunch of unscrupulous liars (esp in the Chicago and Downers Grove area offices) I've applied for a couple of positions that match the exact experience that I have and they never bother to follow up. It's never clear whether there's no position avilable or if there is a position and they're just giving me the run around. All I get is a bunch of lies. B***d's. I would never ever recommend them!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fckTEK in Rolling Meadows, Illinois

55 months ago

TEK Employee in Chicago, Illinois said: Tell you what, give us your information and I would be more than happy to share with you all of the misfortunes I experienced with your Chicago office. Are you still on Canal?

Yes, please call me to discuss at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at ext.7717. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Chicago office recruiter are such liars!!! The so called 'postions' that they have are a complete hoax. Here's a sentence that's very commonly used in their vocab: 'There will be a position opening up soon @ so and so xyzfakecompany....' They're such bunch of liars!!! Ugh! Disgusting!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

unhappy with Tek in Birmingham, Alabama

38 months ago

I recently had the same experience with TekSystems out of Birmingham, Alabama.
The recruiter had told me about the position and I told them I wasn't considering jobs below a certain amount. This job did not qualify on a salary basis. They flat out told me they could go to what I wanted. I got an interview and the client asked me my salary expectattions and I told them, they told me it was too high. I talked with Tek on this and when it came down to negotiating an offer, the TekSystems rep told me they are having a hard time finding someone for this position and people are leaving. I told them I wasn't interested in this position. When I said goodbye to the rep she hung up, so I figured the deal was done. Well too my surprise I got a call about 4 hours later, saying they had another offer. First off, I wasn't interested, I did not give you the approval to go and do a deal behind my back. Will never use Tek.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Benney928 in Wahiawa, Hawaii

33 months ago

I have seen both the good and bad about TEK. I've worked with them on and off for almost 5 years, in two different offices. I've become friends with a few of the recruiters. Do you have to be attractive to work there (as a recruiter or account manager)? Absolutely yes. Do they lie to their contracted employees? Absolutely yes. Do they pay women less per hour, than a man in the exact same position? Yes ($5-$10 per hour less in my personal experience).

At times, working for them is fine. Buy, if you run into any issues with your client they will NOT stand by you. Even though TEK profits as much off of you, if not more, than you do...the client is still the money maker and they will end your contract in a heartbeat if you complain about anything.

I am currently refusing to work anymore unpaid overtime. The client expects it (all of the other TEKSystems contractors do it) and my TEK recruiter and the client manager just look the other way, even though my contract with TEK specifically states a regular and overtime rate.

I was told today that my client is looking to replace me because I refuse to work anymore unpaid overtime (I am greedy and not a team player in their eyes). TEKSystems is one of the most litigious companies around, so I'm sure I will never see any of the 60 plus hours of unpaid overtime that I have worked.

IF you choose to work with TEK, ask a lot of questions up front. Record your conversation and make sure your contract is accurate. If they have to choose, they will certainly choose the client every time and you will be without a job like I am about to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

kahlua in San Antonio, Texas

20 months ago

Presley Elvis in New Hill, North Carolina said:

yes...they do...a friend at a reputed company once told me that they can make as much as 30K to release a resource into a FTE position they are contracting for...pretty slick...uuggghhhh

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Just Do It in Kailua, Hawaii

15 months ago

I am currently refusing to work anymore unpaid overtime. The client expects it (all of the other TEK Systems contractors do it) and my TEK recruiter and the client manager just look the other way, even though my contract with TEK specifically states a regular and overtime rate.

If you just worked the overtime. by Hawaii State Law You Must Get Paid For overtime if you Are Hourly. I had the same issue, they said that there would be no overtime, but when half of our staff Quit we needed coverage and overtime was approved. if you do a little research and bring Knowledge to your recruiter and most likely the recruiters Boss. they will most likely agree with you, as long as you do it in a professional matter.

When i was younger i tried the direct demand of pay for my services and was threatened to be let go, the magical Word “Lawyer” was said, and they let off, but watched every move i made till i Quit after finding a better job.

to be safe, Do your job, Do your research, be Professional, be happy, Tek Systems gets your foot in the door, it's your job to get the experience and move on to a better job or the same job but not under Tek And Receive Benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

MotorcycleSoftwareGuy in Hillsboro, Oregon

10 months ago

I worked for TekSystems, they are very professional, and somewhat polite, but they pay their contractors very low, they take a larger than other staffing agency cut of your pay and when they end your assignment they will:

Wait until you leave work, then call your cell phone and announce that this was your last day, tell you to never set foot back there, they will get your belongings from work for you. It's very rude and impersonal, only TekSystems and Aerotek (both part of Allegis group) have ever done this to me, all other staffing agencies I've worked for don't do this. It leave a real bad impression and bad taste in your mouth about them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in San Antonio, Texas

9 months ago

If no commission to line their pockets, they have no interest. They low ball you ....while competitors offer you more for the same job. The vendor mgmt system is rigged to pay commission first then the employee.

Send your resume direct to employers,
Like Accenture , USAA,Citibank, IBC or. Wells Use their website to apply. Not TEK systems

Jon Do in Kansas

8 months ago

TEKsystems is not the worst I've worked for but being part of Kelly they are one of the biggest and most impersonal. I also caught them badmouthing me with a potential client after I elected to go with another staffing firm when my contract with TEKsystems was over. Impossible to win a slander suit in court but should serve to demonstrate just how sleazy some account reps can be in that they are willing to ruin a past employees reputation just to get someone else placed. The owner is a billionaire and long ago stopped participating in the operation of the conglomerate. As with most large staffing companies you are just billable hours and little else. Their recruiters will tell you anything to get you interested in a gig and the account reps will try to low ball you to maximize their cut. Don't believe anything they tell you and look through the job listings to see if you can find a smaller staffing firm trying to fill the same gig where you're not just a number.

IT Staffing Sales Pro in Toronto, Ontario

8 months ago

Test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

I don't work for Tek but have been in the IT Recruitment business for over 7 years.
I've been a frustrated Job Seeker in the past so have experienced the "Agency Run Around" first hand. Here's the problem:
Setting expectations for the Job Seeker; most Staffing companies either don't do this at all or do a poor job of it (My Company Included!).
Here's what agencies are NOT:
Staffing Agencies are NOT career coach / job finding organizations. We don't find JOBS FOR PEOPLE. Staffing Agencies find PEOPLE for JOBS for clients who pay us a hefty fee to do so. These resources must be BEST IN CLASS in order to land a role through a staffing agency for this very reason.
Here's where employers are coming from:
Employers don't require the services of staffing companies for roles that they can fill with "Average Job Seekers", They can fill these jobs on their own with their internal HR staff and their own internal referral programs. Please understand, I am not saying that the people here are not all best in class resources, perhaps you all are but here's some insight of what happens during a typical job order/placement from a client. Lots of competition as a job seeker.
Client X needs a technical resource and they need it NOW. They engage 3-5 staffing agencies to find said resource. Staffing agencies reach out via phone, email, text, linked in, job boards to what amounts to thousands of people, both employed and unemployed.
Depending on the market, client X receives 2-10 resumes per agency, 5 resumes being the average. So, from literally thousands of contacts, we are down to 15-25 resumes. From these , the client will ask to interview 3-4 people. Guess who gets the job, the person with the best skill set, the best communications skills and the best personality. In short, client X will only higher the very best candidate and pay our fee, nothing less. We can't blame them either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

Why do agencies charge such "high fees" to employers?

The majority of agencies work on a contingents basis meaning we only get paid if we are the lucky agency to have filled the particular role with client X. 66% of the roles/orders we receive are filled by another agencies or internally. That’s a lot of work for free so when and if we make a placement , we charge accordingly. This is the business model.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

8 months ago

My post has not addressed telling job seekers about temp jobs flipping to permanent after 6 months.

Trying to fool a job seeker into taking a temp role by saying it will 100% flip to permanent in 6 months is not acceptable. My advice, for what it's worth is in order to cover your a#$, always ask the potential employer about the role itself. EXA: What are the chances of this role becoming a full time role down the road? When can you see this happening? Etc.

Hope this helps shed some light on what working with a staffing agency is all about. Good luck with your careers and with your job search!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.