What is up w/my HIRING DATE?!?!?!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

kerryk in New Port Richey, Florida

59 months ago

Problem: I was offered a contract job w/TEK, they wanted me to start the following Wednesday, didn't happen. Point being, my hiring date has been put off 3 times. Anyone come across this problem? I have no drug/background issues. But they did tell me since I've been married, my name changes have caused a delay in my background check. Does that sound legite? Other temp agencies got it done within 3-4 days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tarik in Willowbrook, Illinois

53 months ago

I am currently experiencing this issue right now. How did your situation turn out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tara B in Great Lakes, Illinois

39 months ago

I am experiencing the same issue. I am a Navy veteran, and they didn't even ask for my DD214. I asked to make sure they didn't need it, and they told me "no we don't need that right now". They started the background check March 21. It is now April 7. My hiring date was April 1, and haven't started because the background check is "not complete". What the hell is going on? The last company I worked for got the background check done in just a few days! I am almost considering looking elsewhere!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lagibbs in Naperville, Illinois

34 months ago

Kerry K in New Port Richey, Florida said: Problem: I was offered a contract job w/TEK, they wanted me to start the following Wednesday, didn't happen. Point being, my hiring date has been put off 3 times. Anyone come across this problem? I have no drug/background issues. But they did tell me since I've been married, my name changes have caused a delay in my background check. Does that sound legite? Other temp agencies got it done within 3-4 days.

Yes. I did have this problem. They strung me along for two months before I gave up and hired an attorney. I now have a lawsuit against Teksystems because I had a contract and never started the job. Worse yet I turned down three other positions and relocated to another state for this job that never materialized. Now I'm sitting here about to be evicted from my apartment with no money no benefits and I've been sick several times probably from the stress. No job in sight and the way their contract is written, they may not have to pay me a thing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Halethorpe, Maryland

33 months ago

Lagibbs, yours sounds like a tragic story and I wish you luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CulturaMinds in Plano, Texas

33 months ago

Kerry K in New Port Richey, Florida said: Problem: I was offered a contract job w/TEK, they wanted me to start the following Wednesday, didn't happen. Point being, my hiring date has been put off 3 times. Anyone come across this problem? I have no drug/background issues. But they did tell me since I've been married, my name changes have caused a delay in my background check. Does that sound legite? Other temp agencies got it done within 3-4 days.

Sounds like they are going through some internal changes. Usually it's leadership changes or restructuring. Doesn't sound like a good sign. Sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.