What's the company culture at TEKsystems?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 54)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at TEKsystems?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at TEKsystems?

Reply - Report abuse

Consultant in Louisville, Kentucky

91 months ago

TEK has burned me so many times I can't count. They are a bunch of non-trustworthy liars. Do NOT work for these a$$holes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Austin, Texas

91 months ago

I enjoyed working for TEKsystems in Austin, TX. They were very reasonable, professional, and easy to get along with. I have no idea what they're like anywhere else.. your mileage may vary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

fjw in Dayton, New Jersey

91 months ago

I worked with TekSystems for 14 months, I can tell you, this company is only out for themselves, and the companies they sevice. I you are a contractor, you are disrespected by the companies up north (NY/NJ/PA)TekSystems don't understand that you as the contractor is the one making money for them, it's your expertise, your poise and level of excellent that make TekSystem grow. TekSystem need to look at the consultants/contractors and give them a standing ovation for what they go thru, and TekSystem does nothing to make it a little easier.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

cp in Los Angeles, California

90 months ago

fjw, if you actually worked for TEKsystems, you would know that it is NEVER spelled the way you did. TekSystems. I think we need to look to those who have actually worked at TEKsystems.
If you don't like a recruiter, ask to work with another or ask to speak to a supervisor. We try to weed the unprofessional out, but how can we if we don't know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

JOHN_DAVIS

90 months ago

Consultant said: TEK has burned me so many times I can't count. They are a bunch of non-trustworthy liars. Do NOT work for these a$$holes.

ABSOLUTELY AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!! They use your resumes for pretexting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

netdude in sacramento in Lancaster, California

90 months ago

I worked internally for TEK a few years ago (for 4 yrs). Honestly, they're very much overpaid ( I made $95k my 2nd year knowing very little about IT). They go on one hell of a year end contest trip in Cancun (before big Hurricane)and spend $$$ like crazy! Its one greedy bunch and they WILL pinch you on pay in the field...that company is LOADED and CAN afford to pay more for their Contractors - good luck! I quit company due to not making enough $$$ off YOU according to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

savvy contractor in Irvine, California

90 months ago

we all hate recruiters and other than getting you a job there is no purpose for them to take such percentage. 30 -50+. They recruit minorities who can speak out or h1b individuals becuase they squeeze the crap out of them. I am aware of 2 h1 individual that according to market, should be in the 90k+, and they are only receiving 40k salary, and overworked. That is just not right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

mahna mahna in Salt Lake City, Utah

90 months ago

WOW, What a major turn off. Thank you for tell me before I sent a resume to TEK. I am leaving a comapany that is ALL ABOUT MAKING MONEY FOR SOUTH AMERICA and SCREW USA employees. I will not work in the type of environment. "I hope never again."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Unfed in Florence, Kentucky

89 months ago

TekSystems is good for taking their "fair" share and leaving the contractor out in the cold. Case and point, contract at $xx/hr with an overtime clause and client will not authorize/sign time for any overtime. Although plenty of time is worked, both offshift and weekend. TekSystems answer is to comp the time worked.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Zan in Medford, Massachusetts

89 months ago

I've worked for TEKsystems several times and each time I left in disgust. NEVER AGAIN! And, just as an FYI - I never gave a shi* how they spelled their name. I DID care that they lied to me constantly and paid me crap wages. All contracting firms suck, but TEK is the worst.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tekky in Rochester, Michigan

88 months ago

Why only people with a bad mood toward the companies are posting in this forum? Why happy people is not posting anything...could it be that only people without a good job are the ones using this website?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jake_EE in North Ridgeville, Ohio

88 months ago

Hi Consultant in Louisville, do you know if many jobs exist in your area for Electrical Engineers? Thanks.

[QUOTE who="Consultant"]TEK has burned me so many times I can't count. They are a bunch of non-trustworthy liars. Do NOT work for these a$$holes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Bud in Durham, North Carolina

88 months ago

How do you think Steve Biscotti (who owns TekSystems, Allegis, and several other contractor agencies) came to be a billionaire and could buy the Baltimore Ravens for $400 million?? They are making 50% of the rate for themselves. I wouldn't work for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Wheaton, Illinois

88 months ago

I agree with this quote so far just today I have read Verizon, EDS, Perot Systems, Kellog, IBM, Country Wide, Sprint, L3 Communications, GE, Williams Lea, Suntrust, Bank of America and any company that is a staffing firm all SUCK! Anyone have anything good to say about any company! I'd love to hear it!

tekky in Rochester, Michigan said: Why only people with a bad mood toward the companies are posting in this forum? Why happy people is not posting anything...could it be that only people without a good job are the ones using this website?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

EH

87 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at TEKsystems?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at TEKsystems?

TekSystems is a contractor. You wouldn't be working in their office, you'd be at the client site, and every company is different.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Other Louisville Guy in Louisville, Kentucky

87 months ago

Consultant in Louisville, Kentucky said: TEK has burned me so many times I can't count. They are a bunch of non-trustworthy liars. Do NOT work for these a$$holes.

I'll back this one up. Stay the f*ck away from the Louisville office. This contractor is the worst of the worst.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tek Employee in Cedar Park, Texas

86 months ago

Wow. I'm so sorry you guys feel that way about such a great company. We really value relationships with our consultants and seek to help ever individual with their careers. Steve does own the Ravens from 20+ years of hard work. We party together every year in Cancun to celebrate all the hard work we have done. In my office we average about 70 hours a week. We work hard to provide opportunites to technical professionals. It's a shame that you guys can provide your own opportunities and get your own contract gigs. Then you might appreciate how hard we work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Gudgrief in Las Vegas, Nevada

86 months ago

What culture?
If you are a contractor, what does it matter?
You are a warm body that generates revenue as long as the contract lasts.
Once placed, why expect anything else?

I worked for TEKsystems for a short term contract and was not misled by them in any way.

No body shop can guarantee continuing work.
Most body shops offer miserable benefits and you are better off staying with COBRA if you have any medical conditions being treated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sara in Bloomington, Illinois

86 months ago

Tek Employee in Cedar Park, Texas said: Wow. I'm so sorry you guys feel that way about such a great company. We really value relationships with our consultants and seek to help ever individual with their careers. Steve does own the Ravens from 20+ years of hard work. We party together every year in Cancun to celebrate all the hard work we have done. In my office we average about 70 hours a week. ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sara in Bloomington, Illinois

86 months ago

I am currently speaking with a TekS recruiter. I am interested in a supporting position in Bloomington, IL. probably out of State Farm or Country Companies. I was told there was an OSS position available (low wage $13) but I am concerned to lock in on a contract that barely pays the bills and then some. What career opportunities are there with TekS if I did accept a position? My last job paid $22 an hour (exempt) but with the ungodly hours I worked, my hourly wage seemed on 2/3s of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gudgrief in Las Vegas, Nevada

86 months ago

If they have something you are the best candidate for, they'll do their best to get you placed.
If they don't have something, you are pretty much on your own.
Remember, you are of interest to them only as long as they can keep you on the clock. that's true of all "body shops."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Bloomingdale, Illinois

86 months ago

Thanks God I never worke for them, but these sh*tfaces waisted a lot of my time with constant "interviews" and "phone screenings" that lead NOWHERE. Sorry ass losers. I dont give a rat's crap what they own - JUST STAY AWAY FROM TEK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Geeyore in Washington, District of Columbia

86 months ago

Tek called me the other day with a W2 contract gig paying $50/hour in Metro DC for TS clearance and a rather specific skill set (which I happen to have).

This gig would pay $110 to $140K, plus benefits, as a salaried position. So Tek clearly underbid it at maybe $75/hour and sliced off their 33 percent.

I don't mind if they make $50K/year on my back, but they'd better pay me fairly for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Geeyore in Washington, District of Columbia

86 months ago

Joe in Bloomingdale, Illinois said: ...waisted a lot of my time with constant "interviews" and "phone screenings" that lead NOWHERE.--- JUST STAY AWAY FROM TEK.

Joe -- Aside from my phone discussion with them last week, I also wasted a lot of my time with them a couple years ago.

I did get one gig from them (it actually was a good one, but deliberately short-term), but on the rest they (Tek) couldn't qualify or close their own clients.

In one case the client's job req didn't have any relation whatsoever to the actual job. I walked out of that one PO'd at the waste of time. In another Tek just couldn't close the deal. So I gave up and found my own gig in about two weeks. Tek calls me two *months* later with a verbal offer. "Did you think I was sitting around on my duff for the last two months? Man, I've been working here for 6 weeks!"

That's another thing I learned, if you're not putting a nickle on their commission check *this week*, they have no use for you. Forget about any kind of support or assistance once they've placed you on a gig.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

"I did get one gig from them (it actually was a good one, but deliberately short-term),"

Did you ever stop to think that that was the reason the company was looking for contractors.

As far as the job description having nothing to do with the actual job goes, companies have the luxury of going on a "fishing trip" for the most comprehensive skill set they can reel in. It doesn't cost them much till they hire someone.

It's all a numbers game.

Go for contractors to keep costs low. (And, you can get rid of them on a weeks
notice.)
Place the req with as many "body shops" as you can on the mistaken assumption the odds of finding the "golden needle" in the candidate "hatstack" are increased.
Fish for the best skill set (it's the "body shop" that's going to wade through the resumes, not the company's "high priced" HR help.)

So the "body shop" posts the job on as many boards as they can figuring that their chance of pulling in a live one is better that way.

Sometimes the first call the candidate gets is a call from some "hip-pocket" recruiter who can't even speak English and right at the start the question is "What's your hourly rate." Isn't that a dead giveaway? (The is to find "bodies" to submit at a rate that will leave a good profit.)

Wade through the mass of resumes by eyeball and scanning software. (Very often missing important eliminators,)

Contact the ones that look like hits and negotiate a profitable rate even before the candidate has a complete job description.

Submit all you can to the client.

Hope for the best.

That's contracting in a nutshell. There's some variation in the scenario, but it's not significant.

Ask yourself, are you talking to "body shops" because you haven't been able to land a permanent job? There's a lot of competition out there and you may not be a good match for the jobs you're applying for.

86 months ago

Job hunting has never been easy unless you have the "golden skillset" that everyone is looking for. even then, you may have lot's of competition.

If you don't like contracting, tough it out, and don't deal with "body shops."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tek employee from Ca in Freeland, Maryland

85 months ago

savvy contractor in Irvine, California said: we all hate recruiters and other than getting you a job there is no purpose for them to take such percentage. 30 -50+. They recruit minorities who can speak out or h1b individuals becuase they squeeze the crap out of them. I am aware of 2 h1 individual that according to market, should be in the 90k+, and they are only receiving 40k salary, and overworked. That is just not right.

Geeyore in Washington, District of Columbia said: Tek called me the other day with a W2 contract gig paying $50/hour in Metro DC for TS clearance and a rather specific skill set (which I happen to have).

This gig would pay $110 to $140K, plus benefits, as a salaried position. So TEK clearly underbid it at maybe $75/hour and sliced off their 33 percent.

I don't mind if they make $50K/year on my back, but they'd better pay me fairly for it.

Couple of things in regards to these two comments. With H1 candidates, TEKsystems does not pay that person directly, we pay the sub vendor that holds their Visa, so your beef should be with them if your friends are being underpaid.

If TEK is placing you on a permanent Salary basis vs. a contract, we don't bill at an hourly rate to our clients, their is usually a one time buyout involved of 15 - 20%.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Vince in Orlando, Florida

85 months ago

To all in the field:
I'm graduating from college in 3 weeks. I'm considering working as a recruiter for TEKsystems in Atlanta, GA. In doing some minor research, i've stumbled upon this site. It seems obvious to me that so many IT professionals would have a problem with companies like TEKsystems as they feel they're being robbed. But when I stop to think about it, if not for companies like TEK how would these people find a job? Companies aren't sifting through the millions of resumes online, trying to find one IT guy. Shouldn't these guys' beef be with the companies that are outsourcing their hiring? Either way, i have far more ambitious goals than being a recruiter but it seems to be a good entry level position. TEK advertises promoting from within. my question is: I don't want to be a recruiter forever. I didn't spend all this money/time getting a degree for a job anyone can do. Is there ample room for advancement within this firm and is this a realistic possibility? How is TEK about working with recruiters to improve performance? Is TEK the type of company to give you one shot and fire you if goals aren't met? Being that this would be an out of state move for me, some inside perspective would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Vince in Orlando, Florida said: To all in the field:
I'm graduating from college in 3 weeks. I'm considering working as a recruiter for TEKsystems in Atlanta, GA. . . .

You are young and a bit naive.

The basic problem is that hiring companies place their openings with several "body shops" who, in turn, post the openings on multiple job websites, in some cases multiple times on the same website. Some go even further by making the posting look brand new every day forcing job seekers to wade through a lot of garbage.

These "body shops" expect you to give them exclusive rights to submit you for a specific opening even though unknowingly you applied to different "body shops" for the same opening. Why? Because the hiring companies won't consider candidates submited by more than one "body shop." Even though they are the ones that started the mess in the first place by placing the opening with multiple "body shops."

TEKSystems is far from the worst offender, but they do pander to the unethical practices of the companies by not requiring exclusive rights to an opening.

It's a schlock sales job. Is that the best a college degree is good for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

happy in Bainbridge Island, Washington

85 months ago

The IT labor-force operates in a time of unequalled prosperity. Those who work in IT and are solid individuals, are most likey doing something productive right now. Say...family-time, talking to friends, having a late night jog, having a jam session, who knows. They are not online, alone, pining on about how everyone screwed them over. Yes, discernment is a valuable thing to have in making decisions. You should call into a TEKsystms office in another city, and ask to talk to a recruiter. You can give them a random name, and they'll give you all the details about that lifestyle. They're good people. I'd be hesitant to get caught up in the advice of chronic complainers. That's bad voodoo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sophia Warren in Annapolis, Maryland

85 months ago

netdude in sacramento in Lancaster, California said: I worked internally for TEK a few years ago (for 4 yrs). Honestly, they're very much overpaid ( I made $95k my 2nd year knowing very little about IT). They go on one hell of a year end contest trip in Cancun (before big Hurricane)and spend $$$ like crazy! Its one greedy bunch and they WILL pinch you on pay in the field...that company is LOADED and CAN afford to pay more for their Contractors - good luck! I quit company due to not making enough $$$ off YOU according to them.

I recently interviewed at tek systems and almost certain I will get the job. I was told that the starting base pay is 30,000. Do you know why it's so little? You stated in your email that you were making 95,000 yet you felf underpaid...why?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

beyond_TEK in Charleston, South Carolina

84 months ago

DO NOT WORK FOR TEK IN ATLANTA AS A RECRUITER!!! It is the most unprofessional, ridiculous, and juvenile place I have ever worked. I cannot believe I wasted almost a year recruiting in that office. I was more educated than the DBO or even the guy who was supposedly one of the founders of the company. The people in that office were among some of the most pathetic I have encountered... ever! STAY AWAY and go get a real job with a real company that actually requires a college degree. TEKsystems will not enhance your resume for future jobs in the business world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

beyond_TEK in Charleston, South Carolina

84 months ago

DO NOT WORK FOR TEK IN ATLANTA AS A RECRUITER!!! It is the most unprofessional, ridiculous, and juvenile place I have ever worked. I cannot believe I wasted almost a year recruiting in that office. I was more educated than the DBO or even the guy who was supposedly one of the founders of the company. The people in that office were among some of the most pathetic I have encountered... ever! STAY AWAY and go get a real job with a real company that actually requires a college degree. TEKsystems will not enhance your resume for future jobs in the business world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Steve Rowe in Newark, Delaware

84 months ago

teksystems SU-CKS!

they don't update you regarding submissions
and lowball the dollars and the don't know
squat in the technical field

STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John in Rockvale, Tennessee

84 months ago

Some of you people need to quit whining. Getting low-balled? Make a counter-offer or turn theirs down. Think TEK's out for themselves? You're right, because they're a BUSINESS. Yes, they make money off your sweat, but you landed a job off theirs, so why are you crying about it? If it makes you feel abused, get a salaried job, contracting isn't for you. Not updating you regarding a submission? It's because either a.), they're busy, or b.), they haven't heard back from the client, so stop bugging them, you're not their only candidate. It's not all about you people, so grow up. And for the record, I am working a contract through TEK, my third one, and I'm happy with them. I haven't always been happy with everything they've done, and I've even felt lowballed by them in the past, but I learned to negotiate. It's not hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Please enter a name in Knoxville, Tennessee

84 months ago

Oh christ, just wait until you get screwed by these dipsticks. I've worked in contracting longer than you've been in this industry and ya know what? I won't
work for another half-brained idiot recruiter again. If these 'recruiters' are
so f*ck**g smart, then why aren't they doing MY job? Explain that. That's GREAT
that you're working your third contract. Just don't try and collect any benefits
you are legally owed when you find yourself out the door on your ass. It's just a matter of time before they screw you over, too. Just my opinion, of course.
Recruiter is just another word for 'Roach'.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

anom in Itasca, Illinois

84 months ago

recently spent 4 hours writing a program for one of their clients before I would even be considered for an interview. Worked perfectly, written according to University best practices, and it lead to nowhere. Total waste of my time.

I have extensive design experience but during my 3 contracts thru them I found that their contracts are mainly low-level coding. But they do pay on time and weekly which is a big plus. Also, found that rates are lower here than with other contracting firms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lamir in Austin, Minnesota

84 months ago

if everyone is saying 33% is too high of a cut, then what is the average cut for these types of tech recruiting companies, and how much of that 33% are the recruiters pocketing? So far, it just sounds like the cost of doing business!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Not you you idiot in Knoxville, Tennessee

84 months ago

Step on your toes, Bremerton? F**k off.

grizgirrl in Sacramento, California

82 months ago

I have worked for Teksystems in the SF Bay Area. They seem no different from those in Sacramento -- they could care if you live or die.

Recruiters are two-faced liars.

One Teksystems recruiter even agreed to meet a girlfriend of mine for coffee, to interview her for a position, and he STOOD HER UP. I felt so sorry for her. Scummy, scummy people.

The Sacramento\Rancho Cordova office is useless and stupid. I have been in their db of candidates for years now and they have called me maybe two or three times and they have never placed me.

I once rejected an interview "offer" of theirs, and they have decided I am not Teksystems-worthy.

I find that reassuring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

The Truth in Trabuco Canyon, California

81 months ago

nerds

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

pandapants in Bellevue, Washington

81 months ago

Do you know how much Teksystems charges for health insurance?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

mjdd43 in Scottsdale, Arizona

33 months ago

savvy contractor in Irvine, California said: we all hate recruiters and other than getting you a job there is no purpose for them to take such percentage. 30 -50+. They recruit minorities who can speak out or h1b individuals becuase they squeeze the crap out of them. I am aware of 2 h1 individual that according to market, should be in the 90k+, and they are only receiving 40k salary, and overworked. That is just not right.

just so you know, H1's are not sponsored by TEK, they have to be sponsored by a vendor company in the US. That is why they are underpaid- because those vendors require them to give them a percentage of their check. FYI before you discuss what you don't know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tek Contractor in Goose Creek, South Carolina

31 months ago

Teksystems don't pay crap for benefits. I had to ask for paid holidays n my current contract.. As for their cut.. It's not 33%.. It's more like 66%. This makes my second contract with them.. I found out what they charge from my old contract. The IT Manager told me what they charged them for my work. At the time, I was making $15/hr but they were charging the company $45/hr. So they were making $30 an hour with no benefits. Not even paid holidays. I was lucky to have a nice IT Manager that allowed me to bank hours to make up for the holidays. But I knew what I was getting into this time.. It's just a means of paying the bills until something better comes along.. Once I find another job, I'll never work for them again..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

codergrrl in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

25 months ago

I blacklisted Teksystems after I had to sit through 2 hours of testing and pre-interviewing that also accompanied a huge packet that I had to fill out. I never heard from them again until I posted my resume on Dice and Careerbuilder. I'd rather deal with smaller shops because at least they respect what I do and treat me like a human being.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andres in Miami, Florida

25 months ago

A recruiter from TEKSystems contacted me and he invited me to have lunch because they like to know their candidates better to represent me better. He asked me for personal and profesional references. One day to the other, he stop answer me emails. Not even a simple "we are not interested on representing you because ......", nothing, simply incredible. I sent him 3 emails back and he simply ignored me. I would never accept an offer from them. Really a bad idea to work with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sceptical in Bismarck, North Dakota

24 months ago

I was called by someone from Tek the other day who seemed more interested in why I was looking than anything else. Then she mentioned she had placed many people with my current employer. My only question now is whether she waited for me to hang up before she called my current employer, or whether she had them conferenced in during the call to me. Beware.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nelson in Orlando, Florida

24 months ago

I have worked with TEKsystems in New Jersey and in Orlando and I haven't had any issues. The guy in Jersey was great, this was back in 06 - '07. I submitted my resume and he met with me at a nearby Dunkin Donut's, by my house! Took the drug tests and I was working right away. It was a great temp to perm position.

I moved to Orlando and spoke with someone named Kelly. She was great. She let me know what the job was about, asked me about my expereince, and submitted my resume. Next week she told me two other guys beat me out, but I'm ok with that. Most agency's you never hear from again! You don't know if you are still in play or not! She said she would keep looking for me. Very professional. I recommend TEKsystems at least in the NJ and Orlando area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Captain Candidate in None, Connecticut

10 months ago

I am going to try to keep my comment professional as this is a job site, but TekSystems are truly a terrible recruiter and company. They are arrogant and unprofessional, to say the least. Here area few examples of why I don't like them:

1) Each recruiter who contacts you from there wants to meet me in person before submitting me to a position even though I had met with 2 of their still active recruiters at the same office! Who has time for this crap? I'd rather save this time for meeting with an actual employer!

2) When you no longer serve an interest for them, they will not respond to an email or call from you to save your life! I don't need to point out how extremely rude and selfish this is

3) Within seconds of sitting down with one of their recruiters they start speaking to you in a superior tone which makes you feel like you are at an actual job interview with a top senior manager or so. I understand that even recruiters have to probe and interrogate because they are doing so on behalf of the companies which they intend to submit you to for a job, but come on....There's definitely an arrogant tone there, certainly one that should not be coming from a recruiter trying to help me find a job.

4) They will tell you that they can't submit you to a position unless you let them speak with your last direct supervisor. (who in my case was no longer with the company). I told them that and offered the contact info of the person that my boss reported to (whom I therefore ultimately reported to as well - transitive property), but that wasn't good enough for the recruiter. He arrogantly said asked me to call my direct boss on his cell or send an email to his personal email address. Well that was not an option for me because I did not have this information and nor did my relationship with him extend beyond the workplace. I never read anywhere in "job hunting 101" that you are supposed to be friends with your last boss outside of the workplace and for life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.