TJ Maxx Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at TJ Maxx?

What do you like best about working at TJ Maxx? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

sweetsherocked in Knoxville, Tennessee

78 months ago

TJMaxx is an okay company. Their managers get worked way too hard and as a result they are usually in a bad mood. Another thing to know before going in: Full time is considered 28 hours or above, and part time 8 hours or above don't expect the hours you want (especially for a few months after christmas) unless your store is huge and understaffed. If you are interested in a relatively easy, ridiculously low paying job TJMaxx is the place for you.

Also: the assoc. discount of 10 % is totally lame.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Stephie224 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

I have been with TJ Maxx for 5+ years now. I enjoyed my job at first. But now the company has gone downhill. We used to have 4 or more people working on the sales floor at one time, now we're lucky if we have 2! Payroll is way down, I don't know if this is due to sales or minimum wage going up, or something else.

A while back there was a company intrusion into our systems and I think this may be the reason the company has gone downhill. People still come in blaming us (the associates) like we did something wrong, meanwhile this was a global intrusion and the associates were affected as well, if not even moreso because we have more information of ours in the systems.

Everyone is overworked at the store I work at. Training is rediculous, you're lucky if you get trained for one day. They tend to just throw people into a department and think that they will catch on. Well, this makes more work for the other associates, because we have to fix their mistakes.

Our trucks are supposed to be in the door and to the floor in 8 hours. That is impossible unless the truck is only 100 boxes or less. Normally we have 250-300 or more boxes on a truck. There are no "backroom associates" Everyone that works the sales floor is expected to process the truck, take phone calls for your department, run merchandise from the truck as well as return them from the fitting room and service desk. It's just too much for what you get paid. It's not worth it.

Oh, and full time you are lucky if you get more than 30 hours. Part time you might only get one 5 hour day a week.

The ONLY plus I have about the company is the full time benefits. The 401K they match 1/4 of what you put in. The medical, dental, and prescription coverage is excellent. They also have an FSA plan. You get vacation time. You get paid birthdays off.

Overall, if you are thinking of working at a TJ Maxx on the store level, save yourself the trouble and look elsewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (86) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

lossprev in Carmel, Indiana

12 months ago

I work as a loss prevention associate at 40 hours a week. I get paid 10.00 an hour with full benefits and travel pay. I still hate how I get treated here. I bust my butt and produce results. but they are never enough. there is no room for advancement so don't ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.