Do Not work for this company.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

SoUmYeah? in Acworth, Georgia

32 months ago

I was hired a few months back at Target. I was on the Logistics team.
I turned down an interview at another company ( mistake )for Target as well.

The company looks nice,acts nice but they do not care for their workers.
They will go through people without a second thought and Hire you based on a lie.
target has a "90 day" policy that pretty much gives them the power to hire anyone,
use them and get rid of them no questions asked. You will not know until the end of your shift
and boom they get rid of you.

If your lucky you will get maybe 8 hours a week for 3+weeks training period. Pay is every 2 weeks.

But now to my story. I was hired as night shift stock. So I was pretty much there at the store
from 3am-12 or 1pm the next day. I was extremely excited and rather eager to work for Target. I showed up 15 mins early everyday. Always dressed correctly and had no problem staying after work if they needed
more help. I never called out, never missed a shift. I was a College student at the same time and did just fine. I was eager to move up to other positions as well.

If me and my partner had 3 hours to complete a section, we would get it done in half the time. While the other team members were busy talking and goofing I was working. I would rearrange and restock the shelves to get things to fit while others just left them around. if I found an error I would fix it.
I made sells during the morning and helped out greatly ( though I never went around bragging). I was the Guy who did his job no matter who was looking.

Well anyways right near the end of my 90 days after being told plenty of times how great a worker I was and so forth they just fired me. They hired seasonal workers, trained them then let me go at the end of my 90 day period. Target was behind during the back to school season, they hired me and 2 others passed their inspection,trained seasonal and then got rid of us. They never hired us saying that we were Temps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (96) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Ar Yu Bi Wai in Fresno, California

17 months ago

....Continuation:

They let me go only after 3 weeks of working there....Not even a month :(
That seemed to me that they couldn't wait to get rid of me...which is so sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.