If i get offered a job and have plans when they need me to work, what do i do?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Luke in Springfield, Virginia

60 months ago

Hello, I have a job interview monday at 11am. If i do get offered a job, how should i tell them i cant work the following sunday?

I cant work because i bought concert tickets to a all day music festival back in april. I am going with friends and cant ditch them.

Should i tell them the truth or say i have plans with family that i cant break off?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

springtime in Dallas, Texas

60 months ago

Luke,
Hint. Do not say anything at all during the "interview" about needing off the following Sunday. Remember, this is an interview, not a job offer. There is a good chance they will be interviewing others and will let you know something when they have made their decision. Now, if you should receive an offer, and they ask you when you will be available to start work, tell them the Monday or Tuesday (after the fest..Tuesday would be your best bet)considering you will be at an all day music festival on Sunday and may be too tired and not be your best on that Monday) Only you know the answer to that part. You don't necessarly need to give any details, just simply answer the "when will you be available question" using a date after that Sunday. If they do offer you the job duing the interview, and need you right away..well then, you can be honest at that point and explain your situation..and then wait to see what happens. Some companies understand those things, while others do not.
Well, that's my 2 cents worth! Good Luck to you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Luke in Springfield, Virginia

60 months ago

Thanks for your 2 cents. I will post what happens after my interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

midwifejudy@yahoo.com in Boca Raton, Florida

50 months ago

Luke in Springfield, Virginia said: Thanks for your 2 cents. I will post what happens after my interview

soooooooo ???? what happened?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.