I Keep getting rejected from the site! HELP!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

mozzy in Brooklyn, New York

18 months ago

Hello!

This might sound weird, but my dream job is to be a Store Manager at Target. No joke. I always thought of being a manager as a kid, and I still do.

With that said, I have applied to over 50 Target ETL opportunities over the past year, and the site keeps rejecting me! Its very disconcerting. Its what I want to do and I can't do it :(

Every time I submit an application on the site, it gets rejected within several weeks. I always get that dreaded "Your status has been updated!" email. Sounds amazing. Then I click. Sadface. :( :(

I am a graduate at University at Buffalo with a BS in Business and BA in Economics, have several internships, and 6 months experience at a Marketing position. So I think my qualifications should be OK at least.

I did interview for an ETL last year. Drove 400 miles right after Sandy and a fuel shortage, paid $200 in expenses, and didnt get through the first 1 hr interview because I used too many "We" examples.

The ETL who interviewed me said I should re-apply in a couple months....its been over a year, and the site now doesnt like me!

Tried going to the stores, and they said the hiring is done in the central office in NYC. I think its the one called Target Sourcing Services on 100 Fashion Ave, but I think that's their distribution arm...not their hiring. Maybe it is?

Anyone know a way to contact SOMEONE so I at least get another shot with a human? I really want to do this! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.