I Keep getting rejected from the site! HELP!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

mozzy in Brooklyn, New York

7 months ago

Hello!

This might sound weird, but my dream job is to be a Store Manager at Target. No joke. I always thought of being a manager as a kid, and I still do.

With that said, I have applied to over 50 Target ETL opportunities over the past year, and the site keeps rejecting me! Its very disconcerting. Its what I want to do and I can't do it :(

Every time I submit an application on the site, it gets rejected within several weeks. I always get that dreaded "Your status has been updated!" email. Sounds amazing. Then I click. Sadface. :( :(

I am a graduate at University at Buffalo with a BS in Business and BA in Economics, have several internships, and 6 months experience at a Marketing position. So I think my qualifications should be OK at least.

I did interview for an ETL last year. Drove 400 miles right after Sandy and a fuel shortage, paid $200 in expenses, and didnt get through the first 1 hr interview because I used too many "We" examples.

The ETL who interviewed me said I should re-apply in a couple months....its been over a year, and the site now doesnt like me!

Tried going to the stores, and they said the hiring is done in the central office in NYC. I think its the one called Target Sourcing Services on 100 Fashion Ave, but I think that's their distribution arm...not their hiring. Maybe it is?

Anyone know a way to contact SOMEONE so I at least get another shot with a human? I really want to do this! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.