Promotion Assistance

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

WeiseGuy in Stockton, California

48 months ago

Hello,

I am just now going to be starting off at Target as a sales floor associate/cashier at minimum wage, $8.00/hr and part time. I really want to get a full time spot and be able to get promoted and get into a leadership spot I know I deserve. I am in the National Guard and have leadership experience, its just not anything I can really put on paper. Hard to explain, heh. Anyone know about how long it would take to get to each position or maybe be able to provide a breakdown on how promotions work and what they would be on the next levels?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

seeejaysays in Rocky Point, North Carolina

23 months ago

I'm not sure if you are still working with Target or not, I would assume if you are you have been there for just over two years now. It would be a great time to take stock of everything you've done up to this point, and start thinking of ways you could add value to your contribution. Consider cross-training in other areas. If you're in Hardlines, ask to be trained in the Pharmacy and softlines. Have you considered taking a position as a team member on one of the store process teams(logistics - backroom/flow/instocks; pricing; food service; perishables assistant(if you are a PFresh store)?? Cross training can really help to increase your scope, and add value to your contribution. If you'd like to exchange emails I could give you more information. I actually just recently got signed off by my DTL to be a team leader, but am currently on the bench until another position comes open.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.