Question on Sales Floor Associate

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Seeing Red in Minneapolis, Minnesota

49 months ago

I will be starting my new job at Target next week. I applied for a Cashier position, but I got the Sales Floor Assiocite position instead. I am an older female....let's just say over 40..... Is there any heavy lifting involved? If I am asked to lift something heavy...is it ok to seek out a male associate to help that customer?????? Just wondering.....If I cannot do the job physically, do you think I have hope to become a Cashier instead?????? I think I would like the Sales Floor Associate position helping customers find things though......................Any thoughts?????

Thanks for your help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

tea ali in Washington, New Jersey

49 months ago

No advice. I'm in my 40's too and just applied for a cashier position at Target a few days ago. Hopefully I'll get an interview? I hope someone answers your questions soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Seeing Red in Minneapolis, Minnesota

49 months ago

Seeing Red in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I will be starting my new job at Target next week. I applied for a Cashier position, but I got the Sales Floor Assiocite position instead. I am an older female....let's just say over 40..... Is there any heavy lifting involved? If I am asked to lift something heavy...is it ok to seek out a male associate to help that customer?????? Just wondering.....If I cannot do the job physically, do you think I have hope to become a Cashier instead?????? I think I would like the Sales Floor Associate position helping customers find things though......................Any thoughts?????

Thanks for your help!

I got my question answered in Orientation last Thursday.......we can call for help to lift things on our walkie talkies...or, whatever they are called. I think it seems like a nice place to work! I'm really excited about my new job anyway!!!

Thanks tea ali in Washington, New Jersey for your reply.....did you get an interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Su Barwain in El Centro, California

49 months ago

I have worked at Target everybody who is an associate will learn the register as a back up. There is not any heavy lifing on anu of the isle's you will be incharge of the areas assigned stocking and keeping neat. Worst area is the toys. You will be assigned different one so that you will know some of the store. Ask for help whenever you need to understand something never assume. Good luck OH and When you get a nasty customer never let them bother you just always SAy " Just one minute I will have my manager assist you if you wish" Never say IDK say let me check on that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.