Target Pharmacies

Comments (12)

Mr. "Know Better"

96 months ago

A complete bunch of idiots who try to hire Pharmacists with psych-profile tests (2-hours long) that - once I learned of them - I told them to shove it :>)-

yur soooo right :>(-

94 months ago

thanks all :>(-

Kim in Scranton, Pennsylvania

94 months ago

Worked for them for 3 years. They promised relocation to a store close to my home. Of course, I never got it because my store was so hard to fill. They want you to run register and schmooze the "guests" and be a puppet, not a pharmacist. Glad to be gone.

CORRECT-AMMUNDO

94 months ago

YES--> U-R SOOOOOO RIGHT--> THEIR SO-CALLED "FAIR & OBJECTIVE" PHARMACY MANAGEMENT STINKS ("BIG-TIME" ACTUALLY)..

Their big "selling-point" to try to get U on-board is when they tell/remark to you something to the effect: "We love your past motivation, so why don't you come join us and we'll give you ALL the advancement & advantages so non-existant with the other companies, including the compensation to match it .."..

and - really loved their 2-hour long "psychological" pre-employment profile "exam", especially when the question on it appeared: "what do U do when U discover a fellow employee stealing a candy-bar?"... The "response" I stated was: "if it's a Snicker's-bar then tell him to give me at least half of it"...

gosh--> no wonder I didn't get a "call-back".. (just trying to B honest, because, what's one to do when they don't want to give you a decent "lunch-break" anyway..)..

Safety Jim in Guilderland, New York

94 months ago

I can understand a test for Pharm. it is for Safety. They have to be sure "the base line. Ok so in your defence I as a lumper hired in the whse. to move boxes had also a 2 hour test.
What is right I don't know. I think the test for Pharm is OK the test for Whse lumper is not.
If you must question please question what we know is surcumspect

Don't Work in their pharmacies..

93 months ago

just wanted to say that I wouldn't recommend working in their VERY under-staffed pharmacies, unless U "like & enjoy" LOTS of stress and gobs of phone-calls & complaining customers, even though you would also have such "tremendous opportunities" for advancement... such a farce, and moreover such a big headache

alirph in Clearwater, Florida

78 months ago

Unfortunately Target is getting to be like all of the rest of the retailers out there, used to be a great place to work, but now they have become more controlling than anyone I have ever worked for. You are not a pharmacist, you are a retail manager if you did all the things they want you to do- you would have no time to talk with your Guests, from the reports, to the "action plans" they want you to write, I would have no time to check prescriptions or talk with my favorite guests if I did all they wanted me to do. And just because I do not bleed red and khaki, I get less of bonus and a lot of hassel. I used to think Target was the "dream" job, now I know better....

ARXFGJ in Florida

70 months ago

I wish I had read these posts earlier. I wasted too much time with the Target Pharmacy Interview process, the online assessment, phone interview, etc... then came the in-person interview. The Pharmacist interviewer was so moronic and so unprofessional I knew I didn't want to be a Target Pharmacist in the first 5 minutes. He was late, answered his cellphone during the interview and didn't know basic pharmacy terms. He asked me questions completely unrelated to my role as a pharmacist. I even looked up his license after the interview because I couldn't believe I was interviewing with a real pharmacist! Everyone in pharmacy school talks about how horrible Target is for pharmacists, but I thought I'd give them a chance. That was a big mistake!

hmr in Mission Viejo, California

68 months ago

ARXFGJ in Florida said: I wish I had read these posts earlier. I wasted too much time with the Target Pharmacy Interview process, the online assessment, phone interview, etc... then came the in-person interview. The Pharmacist interviewer was so moronic and so unprofessional I knew I didn't want to be a Target Pharmacist in the first 5 minutes. He was late, answered his cellphone during the interview and didn't know basic pharmacy terms. He asked me questions completely unrelated to my role as a pharmacist. I even looked up his license after the interview because I couldn't believe I was interviewing with a real pharmacist! Everyone in pharmacy school talks about how horrible Target is for pharmacists, but I thought I'd give them a chance. That was a big mistake!

I went thru the pharmacist hiring process with Target. An unusual experience to say the least. It was a long drawn out process with lots of hoops to jump thru and, IMO, very little applicable to the actual job. Rejection comes in the form of a very impersonal, generic e-mail from HR. Top notch applicants won't tolerate this. IMO a very disconnected and disrespectful hiring process.

hmr in Mission Viejo, California

67 months ago

Based on my experience with the Target hiring process, applicants need not worry about their pharmaceutical knowledge being tested. There is none. For example, during my personal interview, when I tried to interject some shop talk ( e.g. how I handled a drug interaction incident ) the " pharmacist " interviewer gave me an empty, lost stare ( with no comment ) and he quickly changed the subject back to the safe, non-RX rhetoric. I, also, mentioned a couple of pharmacy procedural matters to him, including inventory control and cycle counting. His reply back to me indicated that he was unfamiliar with these matters. Is this the kind of pharmacist that Target prefers ?

gladDad in somewhere, California

64 months ago

I came to Target as a pharmacy manager (ETL-Pharmacist) because I had heard that Target was different from typical chain pharmacies...in that they did not understaff and really had a better work environment. Boy was I wrong. Target apparently has changed. They micromanage to the point of suffocation. They use a bunch of psycho-babble nonsense and manipulate their metrics to their advantage so as to squeeze every last drop of productivity out of you just like they do with their typical front end employees. Pharmacists are not truly valued as healthcare professionals at Target. To be honest, my experience at Rite Aid was better. Rite Aid kept you busy filling Rxs and counseling customers/guests, but the managerial expectations at Rite Aid were much more realistic and balanced.

abbaJ in mid, Texas

52 months ago

Target's interview for the pharmacist position is definitely a long one. I had a phone-interview, but I could tell that the person on the other end was nowhere near anybody pharmacy related. I googled the interviewer, and his LinkedIn profile did not show that he had any degree in the science-related field. So like others who have posted here, I have also received the generic e-mail stating that they are pursuing other candidates. I've worked as an intern for Target for many years while in pharm school. All I know is pharmacy, and worked my butt off for the high-volume Target store I was at. I adored my pharmacy mgr & know he/she gave me a great reference (if they were ever called upon). I think it's unfair to be interviewed by somebody who has no pharmacy background.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.