Tips for Promotion to Executive Team Leader

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

SeeYourselfinRed in New York

65 months ago

I was recently hired as a Starbucks Team Leader at Target. Ultimately, I would really like the opportunity to earn a salary position as an Executive Team Leader within the next 2 years.

Obviously I know I need to work hard and really prove myself. However, I was wondering if any current or former Executives have any tips for me to stand out? (e.i. specific things upper management looks at when considering promotions)

I recently earned my Bachelors in Management where I was president of my graduating class, and have over 7 years of experience in food service / retail. I'm very excited to be onboard at Target and would appreciate any information you can give me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

gladly gone in charlotte, North Carolina

48 months ago

SeeYourselfinRed in New York said: I was recently hired as a Starbucks Team Leader at Target. Ultimately, I would really like the opportunity to earn a salary position as an Executive Team Leader within the next 2 years.

Obviously I know I need to work hard and really prove myself. However, I was wondering if any current or former Executives have any tips for me to stand out? (e.i. specific things upper management looks at when considering promotions)

I recently earned my Bachelors in Management where I was president of my graduating class, and have over 7 years of experience in food service / retail. I'm very excited to be onboard at Target and would appreciate any information you can give me![/QUO
Hi did you get promoted to executive team leader?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jellybean in Union City, California

34 months ago

SeeYourselfinRed in New York said: I was recently hired as a Starbucks Team Leader at Target. Ultimately, I would really like the opportunity to earn a salary position as an Executive Team Leader within the next 2 years.

I recently earned my Bachelors in Management where I was president of my graduating class, and have over 7 years of experience in food service / retail. I'm very excited to be onboard at Target and would appreciate any information you can give me!

I'm happy to hear that you are very excited to land a TL position at Starbucks. However, it's hard to move up once you're in that "department", they usually value other TLs from sales floor, for instance, TL from Market, Electronics, Toys, AP, and Seasonal. I believe with your degree, you could've found a higher pay job with less stress and more enjoyable. I agree working with the team was an enjoyable experience, I liked that human interaction and felt like a family going through good and bad, but the ETLs/management system was two-faces and like talking behind your back that's why they hold meetings to evaluate TLs on weekly basis. My direct-ETL had made fun of a mute and deaf candidate (obviously disabled person) by imitating him and said "we don't need another (person's name who's one of our team member)" in front of me and HR ETL while she/he wanted a second opinion. The HR ETL found the candidate very competent, but still sad he didn't get hired and went home. Experience from TL Electronic dept. I was paid 15/hour, compared to my friend who landed a job in hotel front desk receptionist, she makes 21/hour. HELLO!!! Wake up!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.