TCF Bank Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at TCF Bank?

What do you like best about working at TCF Bank? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Lemont, Illinois

114 months ago

Starting salary for a teller supervisor is supposedly anywhere between $23,000-28,000. I got $24,000 with full benefits and incentives. The incentives give me about an extra $200-300 a month, assuming the branch hits its sales goals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

unknown in Northville, Michigan

114 months ago

As a manager making goals most months you make about $55,000.00 with salary + bonuses. Included in the package is full benefits. Hard work but well worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

who cares in Downers Grove, Illinois

109 months ago

pay i slow compared to other banks... good luck getting incentive since it takes the whole branch to produces, and also your incentive will be taxed as a luxary in IL which is bs since everyone knows tcf is the lowest paying bank in the chicago land area, hence the high turnover and countless staffing issues. don't become salaried you will still be low paid and worked over 40 hrs a week,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

idealistic but cynical in Chicago suburb, Illinois

100 months ago

who cares in Downers Grove, Illinois said: pay i slow compared to other banks... good luck getting incentive since it takes the whole branch to produces, and also your incentive will be taxed as a luxary in IL which is bs since everyone knows tcf is the lowest paying bank in the chicago land area, hence the high turnover and countless staffing issues. don't become salaried you will still be low paid and worked over 40 hrs a week,

How can the incentive pay be taxed as a luxury tax?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Who_Cares in Chicago, Illinois

99 months ago

idealistic but cynical in Chicago suburb, Illinois said: How can the incentive pay be taxed as a luxury tax?

because it is not part of your base pay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jjohnsonco in Colorado Springs, Colorado

98 months ago

I have an interview with a TCF recruiter this evening, but after doing some research on the company, it seems like working for TCF would be a hassle. Let me elaborate:

From what I've read online, it seems that TCF loses a lot of online transfers from one account to the other. Sometimes it loses deposits made in person as well. It also seems to require a customer to go in to the bank for major issues (closing the account, disputing a fraudulent charge, etc). Finally, it seems to go by the "take withdrawls first and then put in deposits and charge an overdraft for each transaction" school of business.

With this in mind, being that I am applying for a teller position, and that I am pretty strong on my customer service, I would feel compelled to warn a potential customer of all of these issues. I feel like I would have to tell them to do a screen print of all transfers online, get receipts of deposits made in person, and close your account well before you move away from the local area. Of course, being this upfront and honest with them would probably make a potential customer think twice about signing onto an account with me, thereby hurting TCF's bottom line (and let's be honest, it's a bank, it's only concern is the bottom line).

So is this fairly standard in most banks? Are there banks that would be less stressful to work with than others in this regard? Are there banks that DO emphasize customer service more than or at least as much as rampant sales and fees?

I have a phone interview with Wells Fargo tomorrow, likely for a similar position. I'm mainly trying to get into this field for the experience, so I may still go with TCF only long enough to get about a year of experience and a few certifications under my belt. But I worry if working for them would make me less attractive to other (I assume better) banks?

I know most jobs are what you make of them. But corporate culture also plays a part in deciding where you want to work. I like to help people

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Im better off now in Chicago, Illinois

91 months ago

You can't really offer exceptional customer service if you don't feel good about the company you are working for and you really can't increase your sales if you don't have the customer service to back up your products. I realized that within my first week working at TCF. I was looking forward to developing my sales skills and learning all the functions of retail banking, but didn't realize that I had a horrible team and company backing me up. I can elaborate with my example if you're concerned, but this bank's environment lays the ground work for disasters to strike anywhere and at anytime.
This is not the place to work if you care about customers or your own self-respect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Fountain, Colorado

56 months ago

Please, I need help!!! I was offered a 20 hours job as a Teller for Wells Fargo, then I was offered a 39 hours job as sales bank rep for TCF Bank, pay almost same but I am so confused. I do not know what to do. I do not think I can hang on 20 hrs because of the $ issue but I truly think I Wells Fargo may be a better company !? ANY HELP?? THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

Im better off now in Chicago, Illinois said: You can't really offer exceptional customer service if you don't feel good about the company you are working for and you really can't increase your sales if you don't have the customer service to back up your products. I realized that within my first week working at TCF. I was looking forward to developing my sales skills and learning all the functions of retail banking, but didn't realize that I had a horrible team and company backing me up. I can elaborate with my example if you're concerned, but this bank's environment lays the ground work for disasters to strike anywhere and at anytime.
This is not the place to work if you care about customers or your own self-respect.

Please, I need help!!! I was offered a 20 hours job as a Teller for Wells Fargo, then I was offered a 39 hours job as sales bank rep for TCF Bank, pay almost same but I am so confused. I do not know what to do. I do not think I can hang on 20 hrs because of the $ issue but I truly think I Wells Fargo may be a better company !? ANY HELP?? THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

jjohnsonCO in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: I have an interview with a TCF recruiter this evening, but after doing some research on the company, it seems like working for TCF would be a hassle. Let me elaborate:

From what I've read online, it seems that TCF loses a lot of online transfers from one account to the other. Sometimes it loses deposits made in person as well. It also seems to require a customer to go in to the bank for major issues (closing the account, disputing a fraudulent charge, etc). Finally, it seems to go by the "take withdrawls first and then put in deposits and charge an overdraft for each transaction" school of business.

With this in mind, being that I am applying for a teller position, and that I am pretty strong on my customer service, I would feel compelled to warn a potential customer of all of these issues. I feel like I would have to tell them to do a screen print of all transfers online, get receipts of deposits made in person, and close your account well before you move away from the local area. Of course, being this upfront and honest with them would probably make a potential customer think twice about signing onto an account with me, thereby hurting TCF's bottom line (and let's be honest, it's a bank, it's only concern is the bottom line)."

PLEASE, YOU LIVE IN COLORADO SO YOU MAY HELP ME.I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK SO HE IS MY ISSUE:Please, I need help!!! I was offered a 20 hours job as a Teller for Wells Fargo, then I was offered a 39 hours job as sales bank rep for TCF Bank, pay almost same but I am so confused. I do not know what to do. I do not think I can hang on 20 hrs because of the $ issue but I truly think I Wells Fargo may be a better company !? ANY HELP?? THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.