What's the company culture at Teleflora?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Teleflora?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Teleflora?

Reply - Report abuse

Gina in Manchester, New Hampshire

89 months ago

Taking a sales job with Teleflora would be the biggest mistake of your career. First, the "wire sevice" industry is fading to a quick death. With the growth of the Internet, florists do not need Teleflora or FTD or any other "floral wire service". These floral wire services rip-off florists who make very little money and work long hours. 95% of florists hate Telelfora and you will spend you days visiting 8-10 customers or prospects who despise the company you represent. You will travel over night and attend numerous idiotic "industry shows" during the evening and on weekends. About 4-6 times per year you will spend 1-2 weeks at a time in Oklahoma "telemarketing" florists from 6am-5pm from a "boiler" room type of operation. During this "high pressure" sales telemarketing your phone will be constantly monitored by a computer which reads how many calls you have made and total minute time. Even though this industry is going downhill, you will be expected to increase business over the prior year or your earning wil go down. I worked as Rep. for Teleflora for 12 years but about 8 years ago a new Sales Manager was hired. This guy came from a notoriously unscrupulos company named Carik (which has since gone bankrupt)along with two of his equally unscrupulous cronies from Carik. The present Sales Manager was a former used car salesman, one of his assistants from Carik was a tennis teaching pro and the other assistant from Carik was a door-to-door frozen food salesman. These three guys pretty much run the Sales Department.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary Ann in Cumberland, Rhode Island

88 months ago

Hi Gina,

I have an interview with Teleflora next week. I can say that I am a bit dissapointed with what you wrote but appreciate the candidness of your comments. Where do you work now? In my current position the market is changing as is Teleflora market and I don't want to go from one bad job to another. Is there a bright side to Teleflora?

Thanks,

Gina in Manchester, New Hampshire said: Taking a sales job with Teleflora would be the biggest mistake of your career. First, the "wire sevice" industry is fading to a quick death. With the growth of the Internet, florists do not need Teleflora or FTD or any other "floral wire service". These floral wire services rip-off florists who make very little money and work long hours. 95% of florists hate Telelfora and you will spend you days visiting 8-10 customers or prospects who despise the company you represent. You will travel over night and attend numerous idiotic "industry shows" during the evening and on weekends. About 4-6 times per year you will spend 1-2 weeks at a time in Oklahoma "telemarketing" florists from 6am-5pm from a "boiler" room type of operation. During this "high pressure" sales telemarketing your phone will be constantly monitored by a computer which reads how many calls you have made and total minute time. Even though this industry is going downhill, you will be expected to increase business over the prior year or your earning wil go down. I worked as Rep. for Teleflora for 12 years but about 8 years ago a new Sales Manager was hired. This guy came from a notoriously unscrupulos company named Carik (which has since gone bankrupt)along with two of his equally unscrupulous cronies from Carik. The present Sales Manager was a former used car salesman, one of his assistants from Carik was a tennis teaching pro and the other assistant from Carik was a door-to-door frozen food salesman. These three guys pretty much run the Sales Department.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Los Angeles, California

86 months ago

Just for the record Teleflora has not had a Sales Rep by the name of Gina in New Hampshire in any recent capacity in New Hampshire and at minimum it's been a long time since this person has worked for us.

Teleflora provides a number of beneficial services to Florists to help them grow their business. We drive business to our member Florists not only through the wire service but through Teleflora.com which has seen tremendous growth in the last year.

As with all sales positions, closing sales is required. <Edited by Host: job offer removed>

And by the way, our environment is team oriented and business casual.

Jennifer at Teleflora

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Gina in Manchester, New Hampshire

86 months ago

I only moved to this area less than a year ago. I worked another territory for Teleflora. The most recent Rep. in the New England area just demanded, and was given, a transfer to Denver because of how bad the Teleflora business is here.

I noticed Jennifer did not refute any of my earlier comments.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

C.A. in Los Angeles, California

86 months ago

I worked for Teleflora many years ago and am very familiar with their business and how their Sales Department runs. It would definitely be a mistake to take any job with this company. The corporate culture is very bad - the company is infamous for being a revolving door in general.

I definitely agree with "Gina" on everything she said. Do not take a job with this company - it is a privately owned company owned by the (edited) and they are very eccentric people who have no concern about their employees - except for at the very top. I've also known other people who have worked there over the years (after I was there) and no one was happy. It's just a very bad place to work, the products are pretty much useless, you won't make money and you will be miserable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Just_Me_Here in Oklahoma

75 months ago

I have interviewed at Teleflora. The people that I met were very friendly. I would say that they are very slow on making decisions regarding hiring. In my opinion, they were still looking for other candidates and instead of being honest, I was told they still had not made a decision. The position has been relisted several times during the five weeks since I interviewed. I would love to work there, however, you have to wonder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

justicedignity in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

The company is AWFUL. I have made a terrible mistake to work for them. They don't treat employees right, and it is INDEED a revolving door. People come and go. They do NOT CARE. Lots of bad things goes on there, culture of FEAR. People are TOO scared to talk including myself !
BEWAAAARE !!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris995 in Oklahoma

67 months ago

This forum is just getting dumb. You didn't like your job, wonderful, say you didn't like it, but don't dog the whole company! If you thought our company's products/services were useless then why did you get a job trying to sell it?.. I've been here for several years and out of all of the companies I've worked for Teleflora is BY FAR the best. I'm not in sales, but as with sales anywhere, you either meet your quota or you don't. Show me a company that will retain a sales employee that doesn't sell? Anyway, I was just stumbled across this website and wanted to at least say that I and most of my co-workers are VERY happy to work here!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.