Share your experience with the Teletech@home program!!!

Comments (1 to 50 of 53)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Nicole in Greenville, South Carolina

30 months ago

I have an all in one HP Touchsmart and it works for me, I'm currently in training.

Ella in Morgantown, West Virginia said: Brian, TDK works, but USB..I have not had luck with. I had to get an older HP , too, the new ones do NOT work! The BIOS is not compatible. The only new one, All in One that works is the ASUS! They will know at BB, it can't have Ufy Bios...something like that. Run out and get an old computer , if you are having problems. A lap-top is ok, but the big screen on the ASUS all in one 24 inch is good for all the windows you need to have open. I also recommend the Targus mouse, because of the feel, and accuracy of it. You are clicking on small things all day, it needs to be accurate. Good luck, Brian! I'll be watching out for you on the chat! The HP all in one does NOT work, and neither does the Dell All in One.

Tammy in Knoxville, Tennessee

19 months ago

I received the last email before orientation it says to go to systemcertification.workbooth.com and reset password and create a sechrity certificate. Well I go to the website enter in my given username and password and it says not an authorized user. I call the tech line 4 different times wait on hold over an hr each time and no one answers. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong. I also emailed and they said to call tech support for further assistance. So if I dont get this finished by Mon 21st of October when I start orientation will I be in ttouble? Also curious about how much our checks will be every 2 weeks. I believe im making 9.00 hr...thanks

sfm in Birmingham, Alabama

9 months ago

TT@HOME, I'm wondering if you would fill us in on how things have gone since you last post - which according to this thread, was in January '14? How did things go?

Br33ziBr33 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama

8 months ago

sfm in Birmingham, Alabama said: TT@HOME, I'm wondering if you would fill us in on how things have gone since you last post - which according to this thread, was in January '14? How did things go?

Hi. I'm in tuscaloosa, are you joining teletech also? I've done the assessment and 5 question interview. Any idea what's next in our area? Train online or in a building?

Misa in Alabaster, Alabama

8 months ago

Br33ziBr33 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: Hi. I'm in tuscaloosa, are you joining teletech also? I've done the assessment and 5 question interview. Any idea what's next in our area? Train online or in a building?

How long did it take you to hear from them after the automated interview?

8 months ago

I got an email last week saying they were still reviewing automated interviews and to be patient because they haven't forgot about me. That's it

8 months ago

Misa in Alabaster, Alabama said: How long did it take you to hear from them after the automated interview?

I got an email last week, saying they are still reviewing phone interviews. Nothing else yet. Did my phone interview on Aug. 29th.

8 months ago

Br33ziBr33 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama said: I got an email last week, saying they are still reviewing phone interviews. Nothing else yet. Did my phone interview on Aug. 29th.

Ok i did mine last Tuesday so probably get email in week or so hopefully.

8 months ago

Misa in Alabaster, Alabama said: Ok i did mine last Tuesday so probably get email in week or so hopefully.

I did a lot of research and I don't think we will even start traing until the third week of October. So I've started back job searching and its part-time for $9 maybe $8. That's nothing to me. I have bills yanno.

8 months ago

yea thats a pretty long wait .. This would be a 2nd job for me but still would like it to help with Christmas

Deborah in Holly Springs, North Carolina

8 months ago

Can anyone give me an idea of what questions are asked in the automated interview? I was selected and would like to be prepared.

8 months ago

Deborah in Holly Springs, North Carolina said: Can anyone give me an idea of what questions are asked in the automated interview? I was selected and would like to be prepared.

If you log in like you're going to do the interview it will give u the questions.

Deborah in Holly Springs, North Carolina

8 months ago

Awesome! Thanks

Rachetwench in Charlotte, North Carolina

7 months ago

So, I've jumped through all their pre-employment hoops, but have yet to hear a word. I was supposed to do orientation 10/09/2014, and start the 3-week training period on 10/14/2014 but I don't even know if they've decided to hire me, or not!! How long do I hold my breath here, folks?

7 months ago

Rachetwench in Charlotte, North Carolina said: So, I've jumped through all their pre-employment hoops, but have yet to hear a word. I was supposed to do orientation 10/09/2014, and start the 3-week training period on 10/14/2014 but I don't even know if they've decided to hire me, or not!! How long do I hold my breath here, folks?

BTW: I was told my starting rate was only $8.50/hour. Jeez.

Sallen5 in Clemson, South Carolina

7 months ago

My orientation starts today 10/9/2014 at 2pm so I think we're in the same group. Have you done all the I9 forms and received the email about oritentation; it included your employee ID number and the information to get your system certification.

Misa in Birmingham, Alabama

7 months ago

Sallen5 in Clemson, South Carolina said: My orientation starts today 10/9/2014 at 2pm so I think we're in the same group. Have you done all the I9 forms and received the email about oritentation; it included your employee ID number and the information to get your system certification.

How do you like it so far? how many hours a day is training? I am supposed to do my offer call this week so just wondering how they do that as I have a full time day job as well.. Thanks

Sallen5 in Clemson, South Carolina

7 months ago

Training is 6.5 hours a day, 5 days a week for 3 weeks. The job offer call isn't very long at all, it's a big conference call inside a program called WebEx. Then you'll receive a lot of emails with the new hire information; the drug test info, I9 forms, etc. Orientation is the next step, it's also 6.5 hours long but can run longer if people are having problems. You'll receive an email 2-3 days prior to orientation with all of the login credentials. The first two days of training is basically just a lot of tests and reading. It's super easy. I think the job will be fun once it actually begins.

savannah in Mooresville, North Carolina

7 months ago

Are all of the jobs with this company seasonal? I have seen a lot of posts saying it was a seasonal position.

NS in Katy, Texas

7 months ago

Hi! I had applied and done through the interview question process and downloading their system stuff on my computer. I got an email saying that I'll get an offer call link soon. Its a month since I received this email. So three weeks back I sent them a query question to ask about my application process, so I still got a reply saying that I need to wait for an offer link email. Yesterday, after waiting for 1 whole month, I chatted live with one of their representative and he told me still the same thing "PLEASE WAIT FOR THE OFFER CALL LINK EMAIL". I told him it has been over a month since I received an email saying the same and he said that my name was still in their system and they have session batches so a recruiter would be contacting me. So, I'm STILL WAITING :(.

PISCEANGIRL in Katy, Texas

7 months ago

Savannah, I'm not sure about all the jobs being seasonal, but some of them are seasonal and the one I applied to is a seasonal job and I'm thinking that's why its probably taking long to complete the whole process since the job might not actually start until December. This is just my thought

7 months ago

I was hired on 9/24 and was scheduled for orientation on 10/09. I mistook the date and tried to log in to WebEx on 10/07, even going to the trouble to contact the new hire email about the issue. Once I discovered I had the date wrong, I set up my computer (I thought) and went to the orientation on 10/09. There were at least 40 people in the meeting room, and many of us were 'broken out' to a room with an ASD tech who would attempt to help us with our connectivity issues. After I was broken out, I got an email stating that orientation was rescheduled for 10/13, the day we were to begin training. Great. But I still couldn't connect. So, I spend 5 hours online with a young woman who spoke very broken English and who had me remove all antivirus software from my computer. I still couldn't connect, but after 5 hours I finally got wise to the fact that she had no idea what she was doing; she was just going through a checklist of things to try, but she had no working knowledge of the programs or my operating system (Windows 7 Home Premium). I emailed the people who were listed on the reschedule as the trainers every single day I worked on my computer. I ended up having to reformat the entire computer, because during the days between 10/09 and 10/13 my computer apparently picked up over 1000 incidences of adware/malware/PUPs, and the registry had more than 700 errors and all kinds of rootkit issues. I suspect I picked many of them up trying to find out how to fix my connectivity issues, but once the computer was reformatted, reconfigured and the software was actually working - I believe it was 10/16 - when I tried to get in to the meeting room my certificate had been revoked and my security PIN was now invalid. Keep in mind that the entire time, from 10/09 to 10/16 I had been mailing the trainers detailing the issues, emailing ASD to request a new certificate, emailing to request a new security PIN, and begging the trainers to simply respond.....

7 months ago

...and to this day I have gotten nothing back om any of them. ASD took an average of 4 days to respond to tech support requests, but I did finally get an email from someone who indicated there was a class available (who now says I didn't respond in time to attend - I got the email at 1:30pm or so, and the class started at 2pm - I wasn't even home since I had sortof given up after being held hostage for all those days) but who says she also can't tell what my status as an employee is. After leaving feedback for the horrifying tech support person who crippled my computer, I was then pestered day after day by a person who couldn't even leave intelligible voice mails - I couldn't tell it was and ASD employee his English was so bad! Finally, today I send a last email in desperation to the person who claimed I was a no-show for the last minute class who politely informs me that my info had been LOST (I suspect it had something to do with them cancelling the original training class on 10/09) and that I had been terminated with the option to rehire because I didn't show up. This despite my daily unanswered emails to the trainers, and my repeated requests for assistance from ASD. Somehow, they also forgot to tell me I was termed, but I guess that's what happens when your info gets LOST by the very people supposed to be training me? I don't know. But the mail I got today clearly blamed me for their errors, and I was again informed to reapply, which I did the first time she suggested it, since she was the only response I ever got that wasn't a non-native English speaking person. I don't know what to do - if they can't communicate and they don't know who is supposed to be where, my expecting to have had a paycheck on 10/24 is clearly a pipe dream, and I desperately needed the job! I really thought I would be a great match for the job and was very enthusiastic. Now I'm wondering if I just wasted my time, especially since I was LOST. So sad and frustrated is all I am.

julz in Oakland, Tennessee

7 months ago

Alison Smith in Englewood, Colorado said: Well, as for me, my experience working at TeleTech is awesome. My team leads at TeleTech are great and there really is a room for career growth and personal development . The schedule gave me an opportunity to work during my most convenient time of the day and really helped me to focus onto other things that I need to do. At TeleTech, I was able to enhance my skills more and that I was able to improve on some of my weaknesses. Also, I was able to discover the other jobs that TeleTech has to offer aside from TeleTech @ Home. Their jobs are posted at their website, teletechjobs.com which serves as their portal for job seekers to view their available jobs on different locations in the US, Canada, UK, and on other countries all over the world.

Wow, sounds like management wrote this. It's so disgusting that instead of these companies fixing the problems, they send people to this site to write fixed reviews. It's baffling what they get away with.

Sherry1968 in Pleasant Garden, North Carolina

6 months ago

I applied online back in September. They sent me an email for an invite to interview, which I ignored because at the time I was filling gobs of apps everywhere, trying to get a job. I found one via Staffmark, a temp working in GSO or HP for Polo/Ralph Lauren at one of the two distribution centers (BTW...it's a 12 hr/7 day job that pays $8.50/hr). I went through their orientation, passed the drug screen/background check. Then I waited. And waited. Two weeks later I receive another email from Teletech offering me an opportunity for a position, which involved that conference call with 30+ people. It's funny 'cause I never did the phone interview, didn't do the URT until the day after that call. I did the drug test two days later, I9 two days after that and started orientation 10/17, two days after that. Now I gotta tell you folks, that did not go well AT ALL! I was fine when we were online in IE, but NOTHING could get me into their secure website. I called their tech support, on hold forever, while waiting for someone on live chat. After about 4 hrs. someone finally answers and says the orientation class is over and I'll need to call or email my trainer (like I even knew who she was!) Frustrated is the only word to describe that night! A freaking nightmare of epic proportions! I was livid, confused, po'ed, and all kinds of negativity. The next day, Sat., I call TS back, get a # for a meeting bridge, and the guy actually gets me where I need to be. I was like Yahhh! For the record, it is $8.50/hr, if you're doing BestBuy post purchase support. The training would be super easy if everyone's systems worked correctly, but it's not more often than it is. Calling tech support is like playing Russian Roulette, 'cause sometimes you get help, sometimes you get hung up on, or you're just stuck waiting forever, until you hang up. I've finished my first week of training and I can be honest, I think it'll be a great job, if everyone's in sync( myself included).

6 months ago

The training would be a cakewalk if we all didn't keep having system problems, sometimes on their end, sometimes on ours. It is P/T, 24-30 hr/wk. But you can work as many hours as you want, if they're available, which sounds like it will be. I think they said this project would last thru Feb/Mar, so by then maybe they'll have another project, because it sounds like they generally have work all the time, doing different stuff. I kind of like that idea for many reasons...I'm home for my kids, don't have to spend money on gas or a wardrobe(heck you could do it in your bathrobe, who's gonna see?!!), I won't have to guess when I'll be working or not, I can go back to college in the mornings, and they want you to be friendly and out-going. As long as they don't expect me to work from a script, I'm cool with it! I don't do scripts, they're impersonal, boring, and just plain stupid....So honestly, is it all that bad??! Getting paid to sit at home, on the computer and talk/help people, especially if you're a shopaholic like me, who goes to Bestbuy on a regular basis anyway!!

6 months ago

Ohhh...One last thing. I found this out the hard way. Even if you're having connection problems, make sure you stay on the phone with the training sessions...or you don't get paid! When I had all those problems during orientation, on the phone w/tech support, because I wasn't on the phone with the class I only got paid for an hour, which sucked because it wasn't like I was farting around. My mistake was not calling back into the orientation and calling tech support instead. A hard lesson learned there!! (They pay based on the time you're on call in the room)...BUT I found it is legit because I received a check for $7.85!

LordMizzner in Dumfries, Virginia

6 months ago

Just a heads up for anyone doing the URT, there are issues right now. I recieved this from Support.

"we have had encountered several reports regarding the same errors from other candidates.. we will manually pass you on the ISA (initial system assessment) and URT (user readiness test) since we have verified that there is no issue with your internet connection.."

"wait for the next email in 3-5 days for the system certification instructions."

Incase anyone else is having problems, contact support. Very Helpful!(and quick)

Rachetwench~ in Charlotte, North Carolina

6 months ago

Sherry1968 in Pleasant Garden, North Carolina said: Ohhh...One last thing. I found this out the hard way. Even if you're having connection problems, make sure you stay on the phone with the training sessions...or you don't get paid! When I had all those problems during orientation, on the phone w/tech support, because I wasn't on the phone with the class I only got paid for an hour, which sucked because it wasn't like I was farting around. My mistake was not calling back into the orientation and calling tech support instead. A hard lesson learned there!! (They pay based on the time you're on call in the room)...BUT I found it is legit because I received a check for $7.85!

Sherry, I actually got a paycheck on 10/24 for 7.85 hours at $8.50/hour, so I guess I got paid for the time I was logged in on a call to the ASD breakout room on 10/09 and 10/13. I've reapplied for the @Home jobs they've listed (several different ones) and despite being told that all my info was up-to-date and my Oracle ID was still valid, I haven't gotten a response. To this day, aside from the casual email from the person who said she was able to determine my Oracle ID was still valid (I know her name, but have no idea how my inquiries were routed to her or what her position with the company is/was) I have still not even gotten a notice saying I was terminated. She had copied a screenshot .jpeg image of the database result into the email she sent, but no formal termination letter has been sent, nor did the check (or it's stub) identify me as anything other than an employee. I am so confused and disheartened. I was really looking forward to this and am now in the hole about $200 for equipment for which I now haven't any need.

Sallen5 in Anderson, South Carolina

6 months ago

"Rachetwench" what's your real name? According to all your info on this site, it seems like we were in the same orientation/training group. On Friday (our first day taking live calls) our trainer and a supervisor went down the list of employees and verified who was still active and who had been termed. The termed list was a lot longer than the active list.

The only thing I don't like about this company is all the tech issues. The supervisors (at least the two over my training group, Beth and Lornale) are incredibly rude, they interrupt us and want to say that all of the tech issues are our fault and not Teletech's. During calls our work system has been kicking us out and not letting us back in so in order to continue getting paid for the full shift we have to talk to ASD (tech support) and get a ticket number then "just keep trying" as the supervisors like to say. For example, today (11/4) I was on a call and then my vmware (the system we use to login to the call software) shut down so I had to call into the training session from my cell phone to let Beth know I didn't simply disappear. She sighed heavily as if she was annoyed and said, "just keep trying." When I emailed Lornale with the tech issues and the ASD Incident number, she replied back and said, "Noted." That was all. I apologized for emailing her so much over the past couple of days due to THEIR tech issues and she said, "that's fine." Didn't reassure me that I didn't need to apologize, didn't apologize to me for the issues, just said, "That's fine," which is implying that I was in fact bothering her. The supervisors are so hard to talk to there, and while we're on calls we're also logged into a group chat room for support. There will be 20-30 agents on calls in the room with 1 supervisor answering questions and the calls have been taking 45mins to an hour to complete because we're having to wait for answers. It's frustrating, but it's a decent paycheck.

6 months ago

I also just got my welcome letter from my Team Lead and I asked her about seasonal agents becoming permanent agents; a question all of us have had from day one and no one was able to answer. My Team Lead informed me that once January ends, the seasonal people will stay on pay roll and be able to pick up shifts because there always clients that need the call agents and work is always busy. We were given our schedules yesterday, and none of us were happy. During orientation were promised 26hours a week, but according to our schedules we're getting 9hours per week (3 days a week, 3 hr shifts) and when we asked about this, we were told that the 26-40hr weeks come from picking up extra shifts and taking "jumper calls." A jumper call is when the call volume is higher than expected and you're called on your day off to pick up a shift. So, yes, the company itself is unorganized, has technical issues, and the supervisors are incredibly rude and accusatory, but with the economy being rough and jobs scarce, it's a good paycheck. They pay above minimum wage and I make enough to cover my bills so I can't complain much. Training is 3.5 weeks and my first check (Orientation + the first week of training was $256 after taxes; my latest check (last two weeks of training) was for 30 hours so before taxes I earned $502. The first couple checks make the headache worth it.

Deborah in Southbridge, Massachusetts

6 months ago

It amazes me how so many of you are going on and on about Teletech being unprofessional whilst violating a confidentiality agreement. That, right there, is extreme poor taste. I'm a new hire, three weeks into training and the only thing frustrating to me about tech issues, are the other employees who refuse to listen in training. The communication is unparalleled and there are so many avenues for support if people would just LISTEN and PAY ATTENTION! It's so upsetting listening to the trainer repeat herself over and over and then she gets blamed for their inadequacies. Grow up people and take responsibility for your own shortcomings. Im super excited to start taking calls, I love their training "University". There's a million different classes to help you with whatever department you're in, step by step directions to advance to higher positions. Say whatever you want about this post, try and pass it off as the company trying to cover their butts like people have said about the other positive posts, but I'm being completely honest and I didn't break a contractual agreement to do it.

6 months ago

So, after a wait for over 2 months of receiving an email which states that I need to wait for an email showing an offer link, I contacted the "live chat" once again (I've been contacting them with a gap of 2 weeks for 2 months now!!). The lady on live chat told me that I'm still in their system and I need to wait for an offer link email from them. I told her I've been waiting for this for over 2 months and she told me that I'll receive an email shortly(which I was told last time also!!!). I persisted her to give me a time frame of when I would receive the offer link and she told me to wait until December (I think she just faked this without really believing this herself!!!). She told me to please still wait and that I need not reapply on their website since I was still being offered the job. I don't know if this process is taking so long since I applied for the Seasonal Tax Support position. Has anyone else applied for a seasonal position and is in the same situation as I am in. Anyone views on this would definitely help. The wait is so irritating!!! They are saying I have the job but they are not contacting me yet after a wait of 2 months!

6 months ago

I have a little baby at home so I was hoping to get this work from home job. Does anyone have any other ideas where I could apply for a work from home job. I am an accountant and any job in this field would help. Thanks!!!

6 months ago

Pisceangirl, go to www.wahm.com/jobs.html That site lists a lot of different work from home opportunities.

6 months ago

Sallen5 - I believe you are probably right. The names of the trainers sound familiar, but I could never even get a response from them, so you were lucky, I guess.

And Deborah? You are behaving like a run-of-the-mill rabble rouser and nothing more. You are being knowingly untruthful, and nothing I have said has violated the confidentiality agreement, nor the company's policy regarding discussing 'sensitive' information. Unless you are a shill that is, in which case you are here simply to encourage dissent (and eliminate the competition), and in which case I am sure you will find few other comrades willing to attest to the false statements you've made. I will NOT debate your comments, nor will I allow you to bait me into an argument, and the fact that I know you are purposely attempting to cause trouble here is what makes your efforts a poor step at moving up a step on the shaky ladder that is TeleTech's 'chain of command.' I wish you luck at your fabulously satisfying new job; while we're searching and researching for help and answers, you're going to need much more assistance than we are because you are so blindly following the people to whom you're sucking up that no one will even notice when you're not there - you've always been BEHIND them and likely always will be at the rate you're going. But, hey; everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if it isn't accurate, and clearly isn't a very good example of teamwork or problem-solving.

I hope you have a lovely night!

Deborah in Southbridge, Massachusetts

6 months ago

I post my experiences with a company I work for and because they are good I'm "blinded by them and nothing but a follower out to cause trouble." Unbelievable! And what else did you say? "I will never advance in the company because of my favorable feelings and experiences with them. I apologize you're having issues, perhaps you could find an easier job that doesn't have the issues you are struggling with. Hopefully they don't search your previous jobs and see how you speak of them. It may not help you. Good luck to you!

6 months ago

Sallen5, I found a lot of spam jobs on wahm.com :((((

6 months ago

So, today FINALLY(!!!!!!!) I received an email and have scheduled for an offer of employment call with Teletech for tomorrow. The email says the call will last for 1 hour. Anyone has any tips on what this call will actually be about?

I know I have been reading about training and a whole bunch of people are there in a call together. Is this the same thing? Any inputs will be helpful. I'm scheduled for my appointment call with them tomorrow morning.

Hope things work out well. Keeping my fingers crossed(xxxx)

sallen5 in Clemson, South Carolina

6 months ago

The call will be roughly one hour long, they'll give you information about the project, pay rate, hours to be expected, and they'll let the people on the call (you) ask questions. It's about 2-3 supervisors on the call and (in my offer call group) roughly 40-60 people. It's a big group on the phone so be sure to have your phone on mute so that there is no background noise to drown out the volume of the phone. At the end, they'll ask one by one if you accept the offer and then you'll receive emails with the I-9 forms and the link to set an appointment for a drug test. All the forms and the test have to be completed within one week (you'll get the specific date in the email). You'll also receive the info about when your orientation will begin and the information you'll need for that will also be emailed to you. During your orientation, be sure to keep a notebook and pen handy to write down information. Our trainer went through the information so quickly!

6 months ago

Thanks Sallen5. How is your work going with Teletech. I see from previous posts that you are hired by them. Hows your experience going so far?

As for my call. Well, I didn't receive the invite link for the session. I was consulting with teletech live chat on what to do about this. After looking back and forth, the live chat person told me i'll get an email in an hour or so. And I didn't get anything for a day now. So again, I contacted the live chat person and now she told me to reschedule my session appointment with them. I have done that for today and am hoping to get an email showing me the link to join the presentation session online. Lets see if I actually get the email! Its kind of frustrating, bcoz things aren't going as smooth as I had thought they should be. They seem to be a bit disorganized until now.

6 months ago

Ok, so now I have some update on my previous post. I had rescheduled my offer session and I got an email on how to join the session. The session by itself went pretty well. It took about 35 minutes where the supervisor(there was just 1 in our session) briefed us about the pay, the timings to choose from and the start dates.

So then, I received an email to update my profile, which I did. and they have sent me an INCORRECT OFFER LETTER!!!! Its incorrect bcoz the pay rate is lower than what was discussed in the session and also the orientation date is different than what was discussed in the session. HUH!!! So now I've emailed them about this and I'm waiting for a response from them.

sallen5 in Clemson, South Carolina

6 months ago

The job itself is good, it's super easy now that I've been with the Teletech for nearly 2months. So far the customers are nice and friendly. I start working 51horus next week through the first week of December. Today (11/18) however, I am unable to get into my Workbooth system because it says my certificate is invalid and I've been on hold with ASD (tech support) for nearly an hour. They are incredibly unorganized and you will be frustrated quite a bit, so be sure to remind yourself that the paycheck will be good. Pay is every 2 weeks, by the way; usually on Fridays but with my bank it's every other Thursday.

Krissy in Lucasville, Ohio

5 months ago

The hiring team is horrible and they do not follow up at all. I applied for a job received a call offer. It wasn't until the end of the offer call when half of us found out we were placed in a offer call of a job we never applied for that paid 4$ less. When I finally received the offer call for the correct position and accepted I was told the orientation date and gave them my options. Well, orientation came and went and I NEVER received an email and I had contacted them a few times the week before. When I finally got in touch with the recruiter I was told they didn't have me listed on the call. Really? They offered to put me in a time slot I did not want...with hesitation I accepted only to find out a couple days later it was in the WRONG job AGAIN. I did contact their help desk and was told "Oh that job number is actually just the training" but the welcome letter still showed the incorrect position with 4$ less pay. SMH! Yes I tried again because I was really looking for the extra job...but after they continued to give me wrong information as if no one knew what they were doing...it made me concerned about how it would be come pay day...would I ever get paid if they couldn't do something as easy as put me in the right training class for the position I actually applied for? I would love to be hired as a recruiter because I would do my job and spare potential employees the stress and headache. Please teletech get people who know what they are doing or you may not have a business left. Help chat through phone and internet is a joke they don't have access to your information...they can only see what you do if you went into your own profile. I decided to pass on this company. I have never posted a negative comment on any company but this one is crazy. Please Beware!

Krissy in Lucasville, Ohio

5 months ago

PISCEANGIRL in Katy, Texas said: Ok, so now I have some update on my previous post. I had rescheduled my offer session and I got an email on how to join the session. The session by itself went pretty well. It took about 35 minutes where the supervisor(there was just 1 in our session) briefed us about the pay, the timings to choose from and the start dates.

So then, I received an email to update my profile, which I did. and they have sent me an INCORRECT OFFER LETTER!!!! Its incorrect bcoz the pay rate is lower than what was discussed in the session and also the orientation date is different than what was discussed in the session. HUH!!! So now I've emailed them about this and I'm waiting for a response from them.

Happened to me too except I was told later they didn't have me on that call..well ummm maybe if you looked at the correct job of the call I was actually on you would see YOU did role call and have me listed...how else would I have all the details of the call AND the email you sent me and that I replied to...I gave up!

5 months ago

Krissy in Lucasville, Ohio said: The hiring team is horrible and they do not follow up at all. I applied for a job received a call offer. It wasn't until the end of the offer call when half of us found out we were placed in a offer call of a job we never applied for that paid 4$ less. When I finally received the offer call for the correct position and accepted I was told the orientation date and gave them my options. Well, orientation came and went and I NEVER received an email and I had contacted them a few times the week before. When I finally got in touch with the recruiter I was told they didn't have me listed on the call. Really? They offered to put me in a time slot I did not want...with hesitation I accepted only to find out a couple days later it was in the WRONG job AGAIN. I did contact their help desk and was told "Oh that job number is actually just the training" but the welcome letter still showed the incorrect position with 4$ less pay. SMH! Yes I tried again because I was really looking for the extra job...but after they continued to give me wrong information as if no one knew what they were doing...

To this day, I am unable to get a response from anyone at Teletech, and have never received a termination notice, even though the oddball HR contact that actually contacted me kinda sorta inferred I was terminated for not showing up, but how could I show up if I couldn't get online, and how could I get online if I had no one to contact to assist me in doing so? Teletech@Home has serious issue with communication, and their customer service (to their OWN people) is only eclipsed in it's poorness by T-Mobile. I moved on and got a position with another WAH company - good thing because I was getting prepared to sue Teletech for the expenses I incurred while attempting to become employed by them and for their absolute failure to respond to ANY communications by ANY avenue. The other company RAWKS, btw - message me for more info!!

chelle in Jackson, Tennessee

4 months ago

can i run the teletech blutooth software test without having my headset?

Tammy in Defuniak Springs, Florida

4 months ago

Sallen5 in Anderson, South Carolina said: I also just got my welcome letter from my Team Lead and I asked her about seasonal agents becoming permanent agents; a question all of us have had from day one and no one was able to answer. My Team Lead informed me that once January ends, the seasonal people will stay on pay roll and be able to pick up shifts because there always clients that need the call agents and work is always busy. We were given our schedules yesterday, and none of us were happy. During orientation were promised 26hours a week, but according to our schedules we're getting 9hours per week (3 days a week, 3 hr shifts) and when we asked about this, we were told that the 26-40hr weeks come from picking up extra shifts and taking "jumper calls." A jumper call is when the call volume is higher than expected and you're called on your day off to pick up a shift. So, yes, the company itself is unorganized, has technical issues, and the supervisors are incredibly rude and accusatory, but with the economy being rough and jobs scarce, it's a good paycheck. They pay above minimum wage and I make enough to cover my bills so I can't complain much. Training is 3.5 weeks and my first check (Orientation + the first week of training was $256 after taxes; my latest check (last two weeks of training) was for 30 hours so before taxes I earned $502. The first couple checks make the headache worth it.

****How do you do orientation? I just finished the test questions(calls) etc. Ran scan and emailed telecom with problems with workbooth. I realize this will be a long wait; but what is next and is orientation at home or in a office location? Any info will really be appreciated, Thank you in advance. Tammy

Sallen5 in Central, South Carolina

4 months ago

Tammy in Defuniak Springs, Florida said: ****How do you do orientation? I just finished the test questions(calls) etc. Ran scan and emailed telecom with problems with workbooth. I realize this will be a long wait; but what is next and is orientation at home or in a office location? Any info will really be appreciated, Thank you in advance. Tammy

Orientation is at-home as well. You'll receive an email with instruction on how to access the orientation, and it lasts 7-8 hours depending on how large the group is and what your project will be.

Happy@TELETECH in Phenix City, Alabama

4 months ago

I have been with teletech for a couple of months. I am seasonal, make decent money, the communication is superb the training is excellent and for those of you having problems in the hiring process, if you will read each email (and I know within the process you get quite a few) detail they always give you a contact-usually an email address-incase you have problems. however, there live chat on their job page is your go-to resource. keep in mind all of these positions state that you should have computer skills, and to work at home it takes technical skills, at least basic skills. In other words, if you can't do anything except turn your computer on, W@H probably isn't for you-- note: You DO get paid for technical issues, as long as its a teletech system issue. They aren't going to pay you if your computer is the problem OR if you blatantly didn't read your instructions sent to you. **Following Instructions is VITAL to any work @ home position** they will assume you can follow instructions and if you can't, you won't make it into production..There are numerous work at home companies and I have worked for a few, Teletech is by far my best experience yet. Also, working at home isn't easy, it's harder than brick and mortar..not to mention, working at home is a privilege..so don't try to work at home to save your daycare money (You cannot have kids at home~ background noise isn't tolerated, immediate termination, that's for All work@home call centers.) Or think it's a piece of cake. Its not for everyone,but for me it's about doing what I love. I can work at home (and I have a second work at home job as well) and I'm where Im most comfortable and the drama and bs that comes with going to an office everyday (did it for 20 yrs) is non existent. I'll never go back to a traditional job unless I have to.
Good luck. TeleTech is what YOU make it.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.