Share your experience with the Teletech@home program!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

Not Impressed in Orlando, Florida

72 months ago

Their hiring process seems a little disorganized and deceptive to me...at least that was my experience. If they like your credentials, you get an email asking you to schedule an "interview" through their online system. The "interview" is actually a conference call which you dial into with about 30 other job applicants on the call. A recruiter gives a presentation about the company and the position, which takes about 30 minutes, and then one by one they schedule one-on-one interviews with each conference call attendee for a later date, which takes about another 15 minutes. They scheduled a phone interview with me saying that so-and-so would call at a such and such a date and such and such a time, and nobody called! And I was literally sitting next to my phone at the scheduled time. So I tried calling their recruiting department several times and kept getting voice mail until finally I spoke with a live person to find out what happened. The customer service person said there had been a scheduling error and that someone would call to reschedule. Nobody called. I then get another automated email asking me to reschedule for yet another conference call. So I waited until the end of yet another conference call (which had about 10 people on the call) to schedule yet another interview. They were scheduling with everyone for August 13th. Then, today (Aug 7th), six days before my interview I get an email saying that they have decided to "pursue other candidates." My assumption is that they had interviewed the first batch of people and met their quota, but why would they waste people's time giving presentations and scheduling interviews with a whole bunch of new job candidates if they don't even plan to interview or hire them? Seems a little deceptive to me...

Anyway, FYI, starting pay is $9.25. Its a part-time W2 position, 20-30 hours a week. Shifts are 4-6 hours long, 5 days a week. You have to be available evenings, weekends & holidays. Inbound calls for ISPs & retailers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (88) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Pat Smith in Bremerton, Washington

67 months ago

Well Ive been round and round. I like Teletech, I think they are good. What is bad is their corporate customers aka sprint Sprint is the pits. And Sprint is trying to say their customer service is good when they are firing all the good issue resolve agents. Sprint needs to bonk its head and shake a bit. Teletech has done fine, teletech is the good guy here. Sprint is just horrible. Would Sprint just lay off as a normal company would do, then we could be happy. But firing over and over for wrong note pad??? It is wrong and inethical and possibly illegal.

I so want to get fired for a stupid reason. Instead I'm captive to a future "wrong notepad" miss. This is beyond believing. If fired, I get umemployment. If I quit in anticipation of firing, I get nothing.

Please please please fire me and let me be out of here and get unemployment!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Jentheny in charlotte, North Carolina

46 months ago

I went to the Tele Tech website to apply for a job working at home. Their website says that you can schedule your own hours, which of course peaked my interest. They have a job fair going on here in Charlotte, that started September 28th and ends tomorrow september 30th. I went to the job fair. I am writing this to let everyone know what went on at the job fair.
First of all, when they say you can make your own hours is false. They want you available, Thanksgiving and the day after Thanksgiving. Christmas eve, Christmas day, and the day after Christmas. This is only a seasonal job, lasting only 90 days, and if they decide that they want you then you may still have a job after the holidays.
All I said was that I have a child that lives out of town and the lady conducting a group interview, grabs up my papers and says "Well this job is not for you, have a nice day".
Once I picked up my pride off the floor, I did manage to blurt out a Thank You and quickly walked out the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

patricia.strickland@live.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

46 months ago

I worked for them for 2 holiday seasons.
The training is not of the highest quality for sure. They expect you to maintain survey results of all 10's, and when the two part survey shows "you" as an agent ranked as a 10,
but the "over all company portion" of the survey ranks less than 10 (i.e. Best Buy portion ranks lower than 10), you as an employee get no credit for your accomplishments
with bringing in a 10 from a customer based on "your" services. It is like you did nothing to satisfy the customer.

At one time they did have mature and business like supervisors, and they did not beat you down for the company's survey results, but all down hill last year, I had to leave after
two weeks. I had some immature supervisor e-mailing me twice a day about my stats on surveys, and I never had a personal ranking of less than 9 out of 10. Company (Best Buy)
was ranking in the area of 5 to 7.

I know they supported Best Buy and one of the TV cable companies, not sure who they service today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

britt in Brandon, Florida

33 months ago

AM in Smyrna, Georgia said: What is it like working the Teletech@home program as a customer service rep? What is the starting salary? All the comments I have read so far are targeted at the call centers. If you experienced working the at home program, please share! I am thinking about applying.

hello iwas wondering what happened after appling fro the position at teletech did you get the job what was the apllication process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

It's actually a pretty descent job!! in Wetumpka, Alabama

20 months ago

Well, my experience with Teletech has been a little different than what I have read from others. I initially came across Teletech on a site such as this one. "Work from home" is what really caught my attention. Being that I had worked in a call center environment before, I figured something like this would be a breeze. Yes I will agree that the initial process with applying, getting an offer call, etc was a little hectic. The part I really hated was when I scheduled an offer call and when I attempted to attend the offer call that day I was unable to get through. I later received an email stating that I had not attended the call and had missed it. I had to jump through loops to get the right person on the line to make sure that I didn't get disqualified for "not showing up" even though I did. However, everything ended up falling into place and I started on October 8th. This is now my third week of training and I love it. My project is BestBuy post purchase support. My trainer is wonderful, pay is legit.! As long as you have the proper computer hardware, internet and phone service, and a mindset to learn as well as be "comfortable", you will do just fine.! I'd recommend this job to anyone.!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Amanda Pratt in Eclectic, Alabama

20 months ago

Thanks for the comments. I have just finished the pre-employment with them and sent an email stating training starts Oct. 29. I am still skeptical bc I haven't received any info on what time and how to begin training. But I did contact the live support and they stated I should receive an email by Saturday with that information. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is legit and not a scam. I found it really neat that you are in Wetumpka, AL! That is awesome!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kel in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

20 months ago

It's actually a pretty descent job!! in Wetumpka, Alabama said: Well, my experience with Teletech has been a little different than what I have read from others. I initially came across Teletech on a site such as this one. "Work from home" is what really caught my attention. Being that I had worked in a call center environment before, I figured something like this would be a breeze. Yes I will agree that the initial process with applying, getting an offer call, etc was a little hectic. The part I really hated was when I scheduled an offer call and when I attempted to attend the offer call that day I was unable to get through. I later received an email stating that I had not attended the call and had missed it. I had to jump through loops to get the right person on the line to make sure that I didn't get disqualified for "not showing up" even though I did. However, everything ended up falling into place and I started on October 8th. This is now my third week of training and I love it. My project is BestBuy post purchase support. My trainer is wonderful, pay is legit.! As long as you have the proper computer hardware, internet and phone service, and a mindset to learn as well as be "comfortable", you will do just fine.! I'd recommend this job to anyone.!

i am also starting on October 29th. I am wondering when the paydays are? do you mind sharing that with us?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amanda Pratt in Eclectic, Alabama

20 months ago

Kel in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: i am also starting on October 29th. I am wondering when the paydays are? do you mind sharing that with us?

Im scheduled to start the 29th as well. I havent received any other info than I should get an email today. Im hoping it comes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ella in Morgantown, West Virginia

20 months ago

Brian, TDK works, but USB..I have not had luck with. I had to get an older HP, too, the new ones do NOT work! The BIOS is not compatible. The only new one, All in One that works is the ASUS! They will know at BB, it can't have Ufy Bios...something like that. Run out and get an old computer, if you are having problems. A lap-top is ok, but the big screen on the ASUS all in one 24 inch is good for all the windows you need to have open. I also recommend the Targus mouse, because of the feel, and accuracy of it. You are clicking on small things all day, it needs to be accurate. Good luck, Brian! I'll be watching out for you on the chat! The HP all in one does NOT work, and neither does the Dell All in One.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Greenville, South Carolina

20 months ago

I have an all in one HP Touchsmart and it works for me, I'm currently in training.

Ella in Morgantown, West Virginia said: Brian, TDK works, but USB..I have not had luck with. I had to get an older HP , too, the new ones do NOT work! The BIOS is not compatible. The only new one, All in One that works is the ASUS! They will know at BB, it can't have Ufy Bios...something like that. Run out and get an old computer , if you are having problems. A lap-top is ok, but the big screen on the ASUS all in one 24 inch is good for all the windows you need to have open. I also recommend the Targus mouse, because of the feel, and accuracy of it. You are clicking on small things all day, it needs to be accurate. Good luck, Brian! I'll be watching out for you on the chat! The HP all in one does NOT work, and neither does the Dell All in One.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

REALLY? Are you able to launch the OS from that computer, with no problem? I don't see how, because the BIOS is not, or WAS not, playing well with their OS, because of how it is designed (Iffy Bios). I had to return mine, after a very frustrating few weeks trying to make it work! Good luck, I hope it keeps working for you! See you on the chat in a few days!

Ella

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

NOFANOFTELETECH in Jonesboro, Georgia

19 months ago

If you want the truth, the hold truth and nothing sugar-coated here it is... Starts back in August signing up and getting accepted to begin Training actually in September but turned out to be in Oct. 2012. Training started with 54 "Newbies", including the trainer who had never trained before. She did her best with what she had I suppose. During training it was CRAZY and I mean silly crazy, the trainer had NO help when she needed for us and we as the "Newbies" was left wondering what was what and how the next steps would be for us. We spent so much time going over the University self help work to which the videos would not play the audio,it was very slow in running the scripts mind you and this work was mandatory. Now on to the really juicy stuff, Teletech expects their agents to be ready within 4 weeks of training to go to the "Floor or Production", they want you reliable, they want you promptly at your @home offices and ready to work, well utilizing the software to which you load either on a disk drive or DVD/CD, which was also horrific just going through those steps is very time consuming because for the most part it does not want to fully boot up when you need it too. So during training a lot of us were instructed to call their technical support another lost cause as tech support was eager to tell us that our modenms were faulty and you needed to get new ones to which some of the agents did UNFORTUNATELY! My equipment was all brand new, I spent money prior to training buying a new phone system with headsets about $200.00 for those items, installation and to many other things to start my @home career with Teletech as per the welcome letter you receive these are their requirements later to find out that is not the case, you actually are offered the Plantronics at $100 to be deducted from your paycheck. Ok to make a long story short, You TRAIN for 4 weeks and expect your paycheck, NOT! Keep reading it gets better!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

NOFANOFTELETECH in Jonesboro, Georgia

19 months ago

So as I was saying about the paycheck, our first paycheck everyone is excited right? NOT! Some of us did not receive a full paycheck yet we all did the same hours (I missed one day for a family emergency) but still even one day does not add up to missing paycheck after paycheck and then being told they are handling it. Well it's November 27, 2012, I quit on the 26th after not receiving my entire pay on Friday the 23rd or Saturday the 24th and even though they claim they have it under control today is Tuesday and NOTHING! No return calls or emails from them, nothing! So here is my advice to anyone seeking to be employed by Teletech, if you can afford to work for free, by all means do so. If you want to be on the phone helping a customer and all of a sudden your can't hear them because your headsets dead in the middle of the call, go ahead. If you want to get booted only a hundred times during a call with a customer, be my guest. Put yourself in a consumer's shoes when you are calling to get a problem resolved and you get disconnected not once or twice for four or five x's! As a consumer seeking help with my POST PURCHASES I would be too disgusted and frustrated to say the least. Teletech has big issues from their SERVERS to their HR and so forth. I wasted valuable time with this company and they could care less about your paycheck or the customers you can't help because of their technical problems. I am NO FAN OF TELETECH HOLDING or whatever! Good luck to you who take this challenging and nerve recking company as a career choice! Oh by the way, the hours are not determined by you, so if you have a day job they are gonna schedule you regardless and they will expect you to be there. I work a day job and during my interview session expressed that 6 pm would be ideal for me, at that time the recruiter said, "No problem we work around your schedule". Hmm try it and see what happens. Smooches!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Alison Smith in Englewood, Colorado

19 months ago

Well, as for me, my experience working at TeleTech is awesome. My team leads at TeleTech are great and there really is a room for career growth and personal development. The schedule gave me an opportunity to work during my most convenient time of the day and really helped me to focus onto other things that I need to do. At TeleTech, I was able to enhance my skills more and that I was able to improve on some of my weaknesses. Also, I was able to discover the other jobs that TeleTech has to offer aside from TeleTech @ Home. Their jobs are posted at their website, teletechjobs.com which serves as their portal for job seekers to view their available jobs on different locations in the US, Canada, UK, and on other countries all over the world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lou in Greeley, Colorado

15 months ago

I worked for Teletech @home this past holiday season (a temporary job Oct.-Jan.)
I thoroughly enjoyed it. Recently, they contacted me asking if I was interested in another project. I had the offer call in which they said it would be a permanent position. A class was scheduled for mid-April, but was cancelled. Another one should open up within the next few wks. I look forward to hearing back from them and the opportunity to work from home in a more permanent position!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

GetEmNGo in Charlotte, North Carolina

12 months ago

I am currently going through the employment process. So far it has been fine. I wouldn't say quick, but I feel like I am making progress. Getting WorkBooth to boot was a challenge. I have a brand new Samsung Series 3, i5, 6 GB RAM. I had a lot of troubleshooting to do, but I am OK with that because troubleshooting hardware and software issues has been my job now for 20 years. In the end, I had to use the cheat codes provided by the TeleTech tech support information on their web site. It did take WorkBooth a good deal of time to boot up. I would say I would need to start the process 30 minutes before my scheduled work time to ensure I can be ready to work on time. That's fine with me. All jobs have something that isn't "perfect." Just have to roll with it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

udunnowme13 in Sacramento, California

12 months ago

________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey All,
They service Sprint, B of A, & Western Union. Probably a lot more. They are reputable, you CAN choose your own schedule, lol : You can choose the AM shift or the PM shift, that is all. If they have a few schedule or interview scheduling errors, that's probably because the @home program and everything related to it are all still relatively new. You used to only be able to work at their call centers, like Kalispell, MT.
Make no mistake though, you will possibly hate that type of work. HOWEVER, they are worth pursuing if you live where they offer at home work. I return to them again and again while attending college. I want to jump off a cliff after about 6 months every time I work as a customer service rep, but I would be so pleased if they would hurry up and let us work out of CA. I would DEFINITELY apply today when that happens.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

wolf in Yakima, Washington

10 months ago

Alison Smith in Englewood, Colorado said: Well, as for me, my experience working at TeleTech is awesome. My team leads at TeleTech are great and there really is a room for career growth and personal development . The schedule gave me an opportunity to work during my most convenient time of the day and really helped me to focus onto other things that I need to do. At TeleTech, I was able to enhance my skills more and that I was able to improve on some of my weaknesses. Also, I was able to discover the other jobs that TeleTech has to offer aside from TeleTech @ Home. Their jobs are posted at their website, teletechjobs.com which serves as their portal for job seekers to view their available jobs on different locations in the US, Canada, UK, and on other countries all over the world.

Hi Allison, You really make it sound sweet. But I've read to many horror stories concerning Teletech on here. I have to wonder if you are in management at Teletech ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Quitta :) in Evans, Georgia

10 months ago

Hello Allison do you know what the evening schedule is? It says be available from 6PM to 12AM problem is I don't get off until 6PM. Do you know if the schedule will start at 6PM or could it be later?. I am really excited about this opportunity and hope i'm able to get the job. I'm just afraid because I don't get home until 6:15PM I won't be able to start the job.

Tammy in Knoxville, Tennessee

8 months ago

I received the last email before orientation it says to go to systemcertification.workbooth.com and reset password and create a sechrity certificate. Well I go to the website enter in my given username and password and it says not an authorized user. I call the tech line 4 different times wait on hold over an hr each time and no one answers. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong. I also emailed and they said to call tech support for further assistance. So if I dont get this finished by Mon 21st of October when I start orientation will I be in ttouble? Also curious about how much our checks will be every 2 weeks. I believe im making 9.00 hr...thanks

8 months ago

Don't worry too much about it, just try to call them when it's not busy, like late at night. Your checks will depend on how many hours you can get. Different projects have different hours. You should be able to take a lot of shifts, if you want more hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Candler, North Carolina

8 months ago

It's actually a pretty descent job!! in Wetumpka, Alabama said: Well, my experience with Teletech has been a little different than what I have read from others. I initially came across Teletech on a site such as this one. "Work from home" is what really caught my attention. Being that I had worked in a call center environment before, I figured something like this would be a breeze. Yes I will agree that the initial process with applying, getting an offer call, etc was a little hectic. The part I really hated was when I scheduled an offer call and when I attempted to attend the offer call that day I was unable to get through. I later received an email stating that I had not attended the call and had missed it. I had to jump through loops to get the right person on the line to make sure that I didn't get disqualified for "not showing up" even though I did. However, everything ended up falling into place and I started on October 8th. This is now my third week of training and I love it. My project is BestBuy post purchase support. My trainer is wonderful, pay is legit.! As long as you have the proper computer hardware, internet and phone service, and a mindset to learn as well as be "comfortable", you will do just fine.! I'd recommend this job to anyone.!

Sounds good can u get bonuses for meeting metrics? How many hrs a week are you getting?

Tammy in Candler, North Carolina

8 months ago

What kind of bonuses do you get just trying to get an idea of what you make a month. Is the project yourbworking on sales or more cust service? Also I have comcast and have a wireless gateway modem router combo w the wifi disabled what kind of modem are you using for this project? Do u have to uae phone I was tild we didnt need a landline. I work for comcast ft so this will be my 2nd job until I can find. Wfh ft position that pays good w all the benefits I make 12hr at comcast w free Internet and Cable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jmissner in Woodbridge, Virginia

8 months ago

Just did the phone interview with the 5 questions, I wonder what happens next.Looking forward to making some extra cash.

Laura in Minneapolis, Minnesota

7 months ago

I worked for Teletech years ago and I was told you could not tell anyone who the client is. For example... you said Best Buy. We were told to say largest electronic company in Minnesota. I remember having to sign a form stating I wouldn't. Just FYI.

Kram in Naples, Florida

6 months ago

The application for the job at Teletech was very long. It took me 3 hours to complete it, because it contained several simulated working environments and many questions.

About a month after I submitted the application I got an email from them. They asked to schedule a phone interview. The interview was automated, and had me answer 5 questions to a computer. Within a few days of the phone call, they sent another email asking me to go to another "interview", this one online / on the phone. I went, and they offered everyone present a job. Pay was established at $9.25/h, with 20-30 hours/week. Training was scheduled to start a month after that interview.

The position itself is at home. The company provided a phone and headset for free (As long as we don't quit the job before the employment period ends. If we leave early we're charged $50 for it). Nothing else was provided. The software we're made to install on our computers is pretty buggy and slow.

Training was well. It was 6 hours/day every weekday, and paid $9.25/h. It lasted about a month. The client my class worked for was Intuit, specifically their TurboTax product. Training itself was -okay-, not spectacular. The trainer was very nice and reasonably knowledgeable, having spent time with Intuit to learn about the product and systems. There was some disorganization with Teletech and Intuit though. As an example, there were several times where the usernames and passwords for various systems we needed access to weren't properly set up beforehand by either Teletech or Intuit.

The work itself is alright. We just take calls, but at some point we've been told we'll start taking chat contacts too. Work is 5 hours/day. I consider the pay rate unreasonably low.

We're told we'll get a $600 bonus at the end of the employment period if we maintain 90%+ attendance. I believe this bonus is offered by Intuit, and not Teletech, so your experience may vary based on the client you get assigned to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kram in Naples, Florida

6 months ago

As a quick add-on to my previous post..

They can also be extremely stingy. The client only pays for a certain amount of "After Call Work" for agents, beyond which Teletech starts paying that part of our paycheck instead. As a result they are very strict about keeping average After Call Work times to below one minute. That is unreasonably low.

We only take one phone customer at a time, or two chat customers at a time. Phone and chat customers are never mixed.

The work itself isn't bad at all. I don't dread clocking in, or wait all day to clock out. That said, the pay is definitely not enough for the type of work we do. It's definitely not enough to live on. After taxes I make about $340 each pay period, which is twice monthly.

Please keep in mind that your experience may vary based on which client you work for. About 25 people started in my training class, and by the end upwards of 20 of them went on to become actual agents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

TT@HOME in Bensenville, Illinois

6 months ago

Just to follow up what you said Kram, you're pretty much spot on. The application process testing took me about 4 hours maybe even a little more, but only because I like to read the questions a few times since some employers are making some of their questions trick questions! (Luckily I don't remember any w/ teletech that were!) The application process was long, very long if compared to your standard brick and mortar store/job. I want to say I applied in NOV 2013, and just now (after the 5 question interview, the group call, and peeing in a cup) began my training (I'm on the same thing you are, just wave 2) in JAN 2014. I'm actually still in my first week of training as I type this. So I really cannot speak on the training or the actual work aspect yet. Although my class so far seems really great, I got a good instructor, and my fellow 'classmates' are all good too. The phone and headset they provided are pretty nice as well, although me being hard of hearing am going to have to pick up an amplifier for the headset.

6 months ago

Now for a few of the reasons I actually registered for this site just so I could respond about my experience and though on TT@HOME to date. I understand that 9.25/hr may not be enough to be able to actually 'live on' probably anywhere in the country, but you also have to consider that federal minimum wage is still only 7.25/hr. That being said, many states actually do have a higher minimum wage than federal, including CO (where TT is located), your state and my state. Respectively those state minimum wages are CO: 8.00/hr FL: 7.93/hr IL: 8.25/hr. So, while it may not be very feasible to 'live on' it is still *well* above applicable minimum wages. Though, I will admit I too was a little disappointed when I heard it's a flat 9.25/hr (especially since one of the app questions asks you how much you want to make and it goes much higher than 9.25), but then I've also taken into consideration that I will no longer have many of the outgoing (spending) money for many of the things commonly associated with employment. Such as but not limited to, fuel for driving, clothing and or dry cleaning, and lunch just to name the top ones that come to mind. Lunch can be debatable because I understand you still have to eat, but working at a brick and mortar job you're more likely to 'eat out' opposed to being in the comfort of your own home where you can prepare (or pre-prepare) a meal from your normal grocery shopping items. Clothing, possibly the same as lunch. The big one though, being the commute to a brick and mortar job and the fuel it burns. I understand this also depends highly on how far one must travel, but at least in MY case, for my last brick and mortar job, I was spending roughly $12 a day on fuel, round trip or $6 each way. That right there, for a 6 hour a day job, would equate to $2/hr. So that all by itself I am thinking and or hoping will make this job "feel" more like $11.25/hr since I will no longer be spending money on fuel to commute to and from work! IE: 100% of my

6 months ago

paycheck goes in my pocket and or bank account opposed to some of it being taken out to put fuel in my tank so I can get to and from work! Also, personally since I was one of those "eat out" 'lunchers' I am personally willing to put at LEAST another $1 on that figure, so that hopefully this position will 'feel like' 12.25/hr. As I will no longer be eating out for lunch, I can just eat off of my normal grocery supply.

Nonetheless I know 9.25 is 9.25 no matter what. Though imagine how much worse it would be if you were making that wage at a brick and mortar location where you had to still expend fuel and food and clothing and the maintenance of all those items from that wage too. Then it would be MUCH worse, yet is fine since it's well above all applicable minimum wages. Imagine if you had to take $120 out of the $340 every two weeks to put that in your gas tank, luckily not the case with work at home since your commute is now from your bed to your desk!

Although (you're right) I would love to see someone be able to successfully 'pull off' living (on their own) with this as a sole means of employment and income. At least where I live, it wouldn't even cover rent, not even for a studio. Not to mention food to feed yourself (and other necessities like TP soap etc...), electric to keep your work PC turned on (at least while you work), the internet to be able to work, and the phone/land line to be able to work too. So I too, for the most part, can only see this as being a second job, or a second job within the household. Luckily for me, that's the case (I'm not the main "breadwinner" of my house). Though I will also still admit I'm hoping this can be used as a "foot in the door" and will lead to a higher paying (and permanent) position.

6 months ago

Sorry for all the posts, but it limits the size of posts. I also wanted to directly reply to this statement:

"Please keep in mind that your experience may vary based on which client you work for. About 25 people started in my training class, and by the end upwards of 20 of them went on to become actual agents."

I would have to actually add that your experience will likely vary based on which trainer/team lead you wind up with (not within your control obviously), as there are more than one trainer for each client/project. I have read many negative reviews (many positive ones too) of this place (including some of the ones in this very thread) before I even applied. I ultimately decided that's just the experience of ONE person or another, and could definitely vary from person to person, so I should apply and go get my own experience of the place. I am (so far) glad I have, because my experiences have all been pleasant so far in regard to TeleTech. Sure, if you happen to get a crappy trainer or team lead or a bad client or project, you may have a negative experience. Or you could get a good trainer, good team lead, good client/project. That's a gamble you could take with any job though. There's no guarantee you'll like your boss or your co-workers at any job you apply for, this one included...

All that being said, I hope anyone that wants to give this place a 'go' has as good of experiences as I have so far. Also, since I am still 'young' in the process and 'new' @ TeleTech myself, I will do my best to remember to post a follow up here at some point ;)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.