Tellabs Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Tellabs?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Naperville, Illinois

91 months ago

At Tellabs, one interviews several times with many different people, answering basically the same situation-based questions. Then, a 10-page online ap must be completed. If one jumps all those hoops and everyone you've spoken to thus far agrees that you are the perfect candidate, they all still wait, frozen with fear. They cannot move until an unprofessional director with no manners and no real questions breezes in and decides, based on what kind of day s/he is having, whether or not you get the job.

Seriously...I have two masters degrees, a match on every aspect of the job posting, four successful interviews, a perfect score on my ap, approval at all levels and still no job thanks to one idiot who missed a plane and got out of bed on the wrong side. She was personally horrible and wildly unprofessional. And the employees there all must cower to her in the traditional hierarchical model while pretending to be working at a progressive technology company.

Good luck interviewing at Tellabs, and make sure you visit on the right day. In retrospect I've decided that I did. I saw exactly what their company culture was and how their upper management operates. I'm sure Indeed will remove this, but it's the truth. If I can help one person from getting their hopes up too soon thanks to this company, it's worth the effort.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

disgusted with recruiters in Richardson, Texas

90 months ago

would you know how many are involved in a second interview?

in a nut shell: i was called for a 2nd interview, for another company. how many people am I up against?

would appreciate any advice.

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

anon in Plainfield, Illinois

90 months ago

Thanks for the information, I won't be applying with them. Looking for a job is stressful enough without these average companies making you walk through the crucible of fire to aquire a low paying middle management position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Winfield, Illinois

89 months ago

This job has been posted since early November. Obviously Jesus isn't available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ChiTown Chica in Glen Ellyn, Illinois

89 months ago

I worked there as a temp in 2000. They were pretty nice to us temps-even gave us Xmas gift card & a Thanksgiving turkey or ham. Although, this was BEFORE people were being down-sized left & right. To become a PERM employee, I heard they were very picky/elitist about who gets in.They had a nice cafeteria w/ good chefs-(the rumor was that the chefs were prisoners/ex-prisoners).I was happy not to be picked, because, after their lay-offs there was virtually no one left in that large building.Ironically, I got a job nearby.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

K in Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

I had a three hour interview with five people. Some technical questions and situational questions. It was not anything unlike other companies. I got the job. The culture is very easy going and the vast majority of people are professional and kind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Some Guy in West Chicago, Illinois

87 months ago

I can't believe they posted this job again. I've seen it posted in November, again in January and now in April. I'd be afraid to take it at this point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

SK in Schaumburg in Glen Ellyn, Illinois

87 months ago

I agree with the couple of posts about the Tech support Engineer position being advertised for a VERY long time now. I can't imagine they haven't found someone in 3-4 months. If they can't manage their posting efficiently/deligently, I think it is sign of things to come. It is kinda unprofessional to advertise position that may have been filled up or maybe they forgot they even posted it =)

Dexmark in Naperville, Illinois

87 months ago

SK in Schaumburg in Glen Ellyn, Illinois said: I agree with the couple of posts about the Tech support Engineer position being advertised for a VERY long time now. I can't imagine they haven't found someone in 3-4 months. If they can't manage their posting efficiently/deligently, I think it is sign of things to come. It is kinda unprofessional to advertise position that may have been filled up or maybe they forgot they even posted it =)

Tellabs product lines are proprietary solutions with a given set of technologies that it supports from SONET to other telecommunication protocol. The Tech Support Engineer position seems to be a position that will entail knowing a bit about different telecommunication standards, testing, procedures, OSI models like Transport, Session, Application, Data Link layers. The products again are all proprietary solutions so any new hire will be trained systematically before you are ask to do the job.

I use to be a Tellabs employee back before 9/11 and I was a temp that got hired through multiple hoops. I think I got hired due to I have a friend who recommended me in the company and I work with my friend in the same division. I already got a thank you for applying but it was my friend and his family who got me in.

Culture in Tellabs is cool. They are pretty laid back during lunch time and normally you and your co-workers just go out and eat. They give out really cool bonuses or update your salary base on what the market pays. They may not be the highest paying company in the market but they try to make it up. Hopefully when you join the company, you get to have a nice boss. The boss thing is really correct. If you land a bad boss then you may leave as soon as you enter. Directors in Tellabs have a lot of power as so as your managers.

Hiring process in Tellabs may be hard unless you know your stuff really well or you have some recommendation internally.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

A Job Hunter in Winfield, Illinois

86 months ago

Same job posted AGAIN in June. Someone there is hard to please.

ChiTown Chica in West Chicago, Illinois

85 months ago

Dexmark in Naperville, Illinois said: Tellabs product lines are proprietary solutions with a given set of technologies that it supports from SONET to other telecommunication protocol. The Tech Support Engineer position seems to be a position that will entail knowing a bit about different telecommunication standards, testing, procedures, OSI models like Transport, Session, Application, Data Link layers. The products again are all proprietary solutions so any new hire will be trained systematically before you are ask to do the job.

I use to be a Tellabs employee back before 9/11 and I was a temp that got hired through multiple hoops. I think I got hired due to I have a friend who recommended me in the company and I work with my friend in the same division. I already got a thank you for applying but it was my friend and his family who got me in.

Culture in Tellabs is cool. They are pretty laid back during lunch time and normally you and your co-workers just go out and eat. They give out really cool bonuses or update your salary base on what the market pays. They may not be the highest paying company in the market but they try to make it up. Hopefully when you join the company, you get to have a nice boss. The boss thing is really correct. If you land a bad boss then you may leave as soon as you enter. Directors in Tellabs have a lot of power as so as your managers.

Hiring process in Tellabs may be hard unless you know your stuff really well or you have some recommendation internally.

That is true-alot of people get in there by WHO they know. Some companies go more by this credo than others..........

Natasha A in Lombard, Illinois

84 months ago

All you people that work for tellabs, get me in!!! Can I get a phone call!! I've got mad skills. Send me an email @ natasha_armstrong@msn.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.